Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 455
  1. #141
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,907
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Spoiler: show
    It's getting really intense fast.

    I feel like this is setting up for Dark Avengers, with John Walker being Super-Patriot (posing as Captain America) rather than U.S Agent. Obviously, both him and Battlestar got their powers from the Power Broker and likely work with him. So they're trying to get Flag-Breaker due to her stealing from Power Broker.

    So with him being Super-Patriot, it'd be an excellent way to introduce other supervillains posing as superheroes later down the line, and I'm quite curious to see who they may be. Could be a good Civil War-like phase-ending movie where all of them are fighting each other with a lot of betrayals and plot twists. Someone high up in the government obviously as it'd be hard to "hide" them getting powers otherwise, and is likely who helped him get the role as Captain America.

    I'm curious to see who will pick up the mantle as Captain America though considering both Falcon and Bucky has been Captain America as some point, and both of them have their own alter egos (White Tiger and, obviously, Falcon). It's possible none of them do it, and Falcon does seem quite content at "doing his own thing", refusing to be seen as Captain America's sidekick.

  2. #142
    Hyperion Cross
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    8,916
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Ep 2 is entirely what I imagined the series to be. The constant bickering they had in Civil War is brought to full here and I want an entire season of this.

    (In fact in all honesty this is what I'm purely here for hahaha!)

  3. #143

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    24,308
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Episode 2 waaaaaaaaay better than the first episode. Give me more Falcon/Bucky banter and less Falcon trying to get a bank loan

  4. #144
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    51,585
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Episode 2 waaaaaaaaay better than the first episode. Give me more Falcon/Bucky banter and less Falcon trying to get a bank loan
    Lmao

  5. #145
    You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    22,830
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

    Ngo I love the cop scene and want that shit in ever tv show/movie here on out to drown out idiots who can’t handle being real.


    Edit: btw was talking to someone who has never watched any MCU and brought up the blip and loans stuff. He said he watched a documentary awhile back about people who were pronounced dead but then found alive and he said probate actually will not give these people shit.

    Considering they were gone for 5 years that means all the blipped people’s money/assets are long gone.

  6. #146
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,824
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    It was literally half the population though. I feel like it wouldn't work the same way.

  7. #147
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    51,585
    BG Level
    10

    Honestly who cares at this point? It was such a dumb scene that hopefully they never revisit.

  8. #148
    Brokage
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    20,317
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Am I the only one who actually enjoyed the human side/dealing with aftermath shit for BOTH Bucky and Sam from the first episode? I loved it

  9. #149
    You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    22,830
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    It was literally half the population though. I feel like it wouldn't work the same way.
    Yeah but it’s not like they would put it in a warehouse storage or anything. It would have gone to other people.

    I mean the plot seems to be building onto the idea that the nonblipped people aren’t happy with them focusing so much on the blipped. They probably feel like this stuff is getting stolen from them.


    I honestly do see our society fighting over what the blip people get back. Our culture is pretty greedy.

  10. #150
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    51,585
    BG Level
    10

    The Falcon And The Winter Soldier (D+) - March 19, 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    Am I the only one who actually enjoyed the human side/dealing with aftermath shit for BOTH Bucky and Sam from the first episode? I loved it
    Probably lol.

    All of Bucky’s scenes felt genuine where as in Sam is messing with billion dollar technology while performing jobs under DoD contracts to immediately too broke to pay for a dilapidated boat not even five minutes later.

    It was jarring as hell and you know it’s a shitty plot line when it’s the biggest takeaway from the first episode.

  11. #151
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    51,585
    BG Level
    10

    On top of that Anthony Mackie did the scenes zero favors.

  12. #152
    Brokage
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    20,317
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Yeaaaaaaah when you put it that way, it makes sense lol.

    Bucky stuff was legit though

  13. #153
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    34,903
    BG Level
    10

    Bucky is carrying this show. I do hope Walker sticks around though.

  14. #154
    Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    18,842
    BG Level
    9

    I really like Mackie and Stan's chemistry, Mackie is more than fine when not being asked to carry scenes himself.

  15. #155
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,824
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Bucky and Falcon bickering is all I wanted from this show.

  16. #156
    okay guy I guess
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    24,393
    BG Level
    10

    I know the episodes are longer than Wandavision, and there are less of them, but I think initial impressions would have been better if the premiere had been a two episode mini-dump.

  17. #157

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    21,995
    BG Level
    10

    WandaVision also had the advantage of being a much better show

  18. #158
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,907
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    WandaVision also had the advantage of being a much better show
    It's only 2 episodes in so far though, WandaVision was pretty slow until episode 3/4, at which point it REALLY took off.

    I also like the darker more real side of them (and other people) dealing with the struggles post-blip. Gives a bit of an insight into what the world is like for other people. If even Falcon can't get a loan imagine how much the world must suck for everyone else that blipped. I can fully understand non-blipped people getting pissed off if the government decides to focus a lot of resources on helping them get back on their feet. Imagine if the US only had a population of 164 million and suddenly 164 million immigrants all showed up at the same time that you had to take care of.

    Would be a huge drain on society, but compared to immigrants that you could just turn away you kind of have to take care of these people. I don't know about the U.S, but banks in Sweden don't give out loans based on goodwill to private citizens. They're ultimately held liable for it, and it's not like they can afford to hand out loans based on goodwill to 160+ million people.

  19. #159
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,195
    BG Level
    6

    It's enjoyable but nearly as much as Wandavision. My biggest issues is the pacing is weird and the action scenes have so many cuts it's a little jarring.

  20. #160
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,909
    BG Level
    6

    Honestly I'm glad they have some of the 'real' aspects in this show. These are your least superhero heroes we have here and Falcon is technically a soldier with special toys, with him still having to deal with the soldier side of things. And this is doing a lot of worldbuilding. Like, we haven't really seen the politics of this world too much, there was Civil War and some registration stuff, but for the most part it's random acronym vs ??? Whereas here they're emphasizing that alliances are broken, meaning we likely aren't in our current reality where US+Europe have an overwhelming lead on diplomacy and military might. This leaves things open for Russia, China...Latveria, etc. being far bigger foes. It's kinda filling in for Agents of Shield no longer being canon in that aspect.

    They also specifically mentioned that the GRC is working on getting blipped people back together, so likely don't have everyone who was blipped even back in as "living", and while I don't think that was the true issue with the loan scene, it is something that can lead to massive uneasiness and unrest which gives room for endless issues to spring up.

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier (April 4, 2014)
    By Delirium in forum Bentertainment Geekly
    Replies: 290
    Last Post: 2014-11-09, 12:10