FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Black Friday 2018: How did you get Bamboozled Edition

Post anything compelling if you got it! Since the aura of supposed deals on Black Friday has cooled over the years people have somewhat smartened. However, there can be a few winners so let's share if we find something good.

I'm in the market for either a Chromebook or light weight laptop for wifey's schooling needs. Would like to keep it around $125. Older/refurbished doesn't matter. Post something if you find it!

Target Ad is up - https://www.bfads.net/stores/target/.../page-1#viewer
    If you just want to know what games are in the target ad go here and scroll down - https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/...-posted/page-8
    Some goodies from my point of view
    -25$ God of War
    -30$ Tomb Raider
    -35$ AC Odyssey

Also, looks like the generic gaming deal that every place will have this year is a ps4 slim with spiderman for 200$. Pretty great deal if you don't have it already.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Oooo god’ve war for 25 bones yay

I'm really hoping that Best Buy will somehow forget to not let their GCU thing work on black friday. Since the program can no longer be renewed it is possible and mine doesn't end til december so let's hope. A few years ago GCU worked with black Friday and everything was soooo cheap with that extra 20% off.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Here's hoping for an xbox one x deal, or so many xbox deals that pre used xbox are super cheap.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

I wish Gamestop would stay closed on Thanksgiving so I could enjoy the holiday with my fiancee. But, instead, they open at 3. Fucking twatwaffles.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    I wish Gamestop would stay closed on Thanksgiving so I could enjoy the holiday with my fiancee. But, instead, they open at 3. Fucking twatwaffles.
    Not shocked in the least they are open. I wouldn't be surprised if within the next few years pretty much every store is open normal business hours or earlier on thanksgiving.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eragon Mcdohl
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    I'm really hoping that Best Buy will somehow forget to not let their GCU thing work on black friday. Since the program can no longer be renewed it is possible and mine doesn't end til december so let's hope. A few years ago GCU worked with black Friday and everything was soooo cheap with that extra 20% off.
    My GCU expires a few days before black friday

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    Not shocked in the least they are open. I wouldn't be surprised if within the next few years pretty much every store is open normal business hours or earlier on thanksgiving.

Yeah. I really hate people. I bet you once the Boomers die out "black friday" shrivels and dies though.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I will admit i've done the browsing and bought a few things during midnight sales, but that was mainly due to Astylla getting off work at 11pm from her job (she worked at a hotel), and we were bored and didn't want to go to bed. I still haven't found any company that has managed to exceed Fry's Electronics level of fuckery where the year I was out on workmans comp, they had employee's show up at 9pm, and HR clocked each and every employee out at 11:59pm and clocked them back in at 12:00am so that it would be a new work day and avoid paying people double time for the last 3 hours of their 15 hour shifts.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I wouldn't do the shopping if their door busters weren't "while supplies last".

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    I will admit i've done the browsing and bought a few things during midnight sales, but that was mainly due to Astylla getting off work at 11pm from her job (she worked at a hotel), and we were bored and didn't want to go to bed. I still haven't found any company that has managed to exceed Fry's Electronics level of fuckery where the year I was out on workmans comp, they had employee's show up at 9pm, and HR clocked each and every employee out at 11:59pm and clocked them back in at 12:00am so that it would be a new work day and avoid paying people double time for the last 3 hours of their 15 hour shifts.

i'm pretty sure that's not how that works; workdays aren't separate unless separated by 8 hours, iirc. shoulda gone to your labor board or whatevs.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Fry’s payroll, pos, etc were all homebrew. It couldn’t even separate sales tax based on point of purchase. So it was common for people to buy shit in Oregon where there is no sales tax, then return the purchase in California and pocket a couple hundred bucks because the system would add the sales tax into the refund. So the fact the payroll system would think it’s a new work day from that one minute clock out doesn’t surprise me in the least.

Supposedly some people tried to get that into a class action and couldn’t get a lawyer to bite sadly. I pushed for a few coworkers to take it to the labor board, but our store, the staff looked like the isle of broken souls. 10 years later I still see some of the same managers, sales associates, etc and you can just see that they’ve given up and regulated themselves to being shit on by a shitty private company.

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

Their already doing this? If someone said they would pay me two thousand dollars to go out on Black Friday I still wouldn't do it.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I'd like a 70" 4k and maybe a 55-65" 4k too.

But I only want something that's good on rtings for movies and gaming.

Also I want god of war, Spiderman, and horizon.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Bookmark this site they post some good shit.

https://kinjadeals.theinventory.com/

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Cheap Ass Gamer has created a spreadsheet of game prices: https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/s...10449211834368

Moving to new place so now I need a new TV, can live with my small one for a bit but fuck that long term. Also need to pick me up some Spooderman on PS4

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeb Adiah
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

The tire deal from Walmart is not bad at all. $20 off each Goodyear tire, plus free mount and lifetime balance and rotation. That is a total of $128 off of 4 tires.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm looking to find a Switch this Black Friday, hopefully I can find one on the cheap...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast