Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mira Lefrune
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Finally finished up Slime, really like how it was adapted but, last arc was super rushed. It ended right were the last manga chapter left off, if we get a 2nd season it will deff pass it

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    So I saw this random post on r/anime about a show called Mahoujin Guruguru that came out back in 2017. Anybody else watch this show from back then? It's apparently a remake of a show from the 90's and it's pretty awesome.

Basically, it's kind of like a parody of a Dragon Quest game. The pace is stupid fast (the series is half as long as the original, so it's not dragged out at all) and it's pretty funny and charming in a half innocent, half juvenile kind of way. Really do recommend it considering we're all FF RPG fans here
    I missed this post, and I feel it's relevant.

I watched the 1990s version (but not the sequel or the movie) and grew up with it for the entire year as it aired per week, but in Cantonese. The remake didn't make me feel like wanting to watch it, maybe because it's more on the childish/kiddie side, so I backlogged it for the dark days.

And since we were talking about a running anime a few posts back, it reminded me of something I needed to watch (Uma Musume - Pretty Derby, basically a horse girl anime lol) and boy am I glad to pick it up. Just now 6 eps in already and I can't stop, it's such a cute and happy anime. I read the plot summary/description for Run with the Wind and it sounds fun as well so I'm gonna go sweep that up after, along with the slime anime and shield hero, when they finish.

(ironically, it's taken me less than 1 evening to get through 6 eps of one anime.... it took me nearly a month to go through Toradora which I just finished on Sunday. It was toooooo slow and I kept getting bored, but it was nice towards the 2nd half)

edit: you guys say slime anime is done, but that seemed to be only the 23rd ep? I'm seeing that there's 25 eps on MAL, or is the last 2 eps not relevant?

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Today and next week's episodes are more side stories and not really driving the plot forward at all. As far as the main story goes, last week's episode was the last until S2 comes out (which was announced for sometime in 2020)

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

High Score Girl OVA’s are on Netflix for anyone waiting for that

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I just keep thinking Mob Psycho 100 won't get better, but it just keeps getting better every episode. Can't believe the animation in this episode and still 2 to go.

Old Merits
    BG Level

High Score Girl OVA’s are on Netflix for anyone waiting for that
    Oh, perfect! Started watching from the beginning the other day, will be nice to finish it this time.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Scythiroth View Post
    I just keep thinking Mob Psycho 100 won't get better, but it just keeps getting better every episode. Can't believe the animation in this episode and still 2 to go.
    Wondering if they will do an OVA or something because...

Spoiler: show
    The final fight was pretty long and epic in the manga

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Petitssk View Post
    Oh, perfect! Started watching from the beginning the other day, will be nice to finish it this time.
    Unfortunately you won't be able to finish as season 2 has been announced for October of this year.

Unfortunately you won't be able to finish as season 2 has been announced for October of this year.

This is awesome. HSG is super nostalgic and fun to watch, will definitely welcome more.

Also been liking Dororo, it's definitely has a different vibe to it even though everything should be super typical. Nice art, sound and animation and generally a good time.

Old Merits
    BG Level

You seriously made my weekend. Really enjoyed the episodes, but since they announced just a few episodes, I thought the series would be concluded with those. Awesome that it's not, but it's weird that they didn't just go straight for a second season. Either way, more episodes, nothing but win in that!

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

2019 Spring anime is coming.I wan to watch these anime in nihofun:ジモトがジャパン、この世の果 てで恋を唄う少女、妖怪ウォッチ!(

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

LOTS of big announcements the last couple days. New seasons of old shows including:

-Re:Zero season 2
    -Oregairu season 3 (should coincide with the last LN and finish the series)
    -DanMachi season 2
    -Cells At Work season 2 (never watched the first season but seemed popular among all the weaboos on r/anime)
    -Of course High Score Girl season 2 which I mentioned above
    -New Hibike Euphonium movie
    -A second Hero Academia movie
    -Chihayafuru season 3 (this was announced a while back though)

I feel like there were more but those are the big ones anyway. And as well, here's the PV for the KonoSuba movie which I am fucking EXCITED for

There's an Oregairu PV as well for the new season but it's just clips of the old stuff so nothing new to really see.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Re Zero, DanMachi and Chihayafuru. Enough to make a great season for me

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

My jaw is still on the floor after reading all the news this weekend lol.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Personally No Gun Life and Cencoroll Connect are my highlight but summer season is going to be crazy if no delays happen to any of the shows.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I just don't even have words anymore for how amazing Mob Psycho 100 S2 is. Finale next week will probably be the best animated fight ever if the rest of the season is any indication.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Speaking of finales, regarding Tensei Slime:

Show really fell off a cliff in the 2nd half. Up until Milim's arrival it was really good. And then post Charybdis it just went to shit. The pacing was awful and so many details from the manga/LN got left out and the ending was so fucking lack lustre. This last episode with Veldora's perspective was fun at moments, but again, so many little details ignored like his power being used for naming and he didn't even reference Charybdis being spawned from his excessive magicules.

I'm excited for the next arc as SHIT IS ABOUT TO GET REAL, but with how the anime is going, I'm not confident they'll do it well.

I will say, given their chemistry, I do hope they 'anime-original' in Ifrit to be Veldora's lackey. That was fun.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mira Lefrune
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Yeah for sure, the 1st half was so good then they decided to up the pace and blow through like 3 arcs super fast for some reason.
    I thought that maybe they were wanting to rush past the school stuff to get to a fight for the finale but they didn't even have that lol, just some talking and riding into the sunset(not counting the extra episode fights)

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Yeah I figured that was what they were doing too, especially after they included it in the first OP =\

Fuck me SH was intense <_<;

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast