Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
Results 121 to 139 of 139
  1. #121
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,464
    BG Level
    7

    Spoiler: show
    I found out that I get antsy just from seeing Kingpin standing next to an open car door. Neat. Also holy shit @ the mid-credits

  2. #122
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,464
    BG Level
    7

    Spoiler: show
    Also can we talk about the absolute body count this episode? Like... That was a lot of bros... Jack looked like he lived his whole ass life just for that night!

  3. #123
    Brokage
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    20,316
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    That mid credit scene lol

    Spoiler: show
    It went on a LOT longer then I thought it would. Also, at the very end some character slid out just as the song was finishing. Who was that? Or I guess, which hero was he supposed to be?

  4. #124
    AoE
    AoE is offline
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    7,117
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Spoiler: show
    I hate musicals but I suffered through it to make sure I didn't miss anything.

  5. #125
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    51,544
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by AoE View Post
    Spoiler: show
    I hate musicals but I suffered through it to make sure I didn't miss anything.
    Same lol.

    Spoiler: show
    Was definitely a fun series nonetheless.

  6. #126
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,673
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

    I was hoping there would be a cameo in the audience or something. They focused on the director a couple of times, wonder if he was some big name person like a composer maybe.

  7. #127
    Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    18,829
    BG Level
    9

    I was holding out hope we would see

    Spoiler: show
    Matt Murdock.


    Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

  8. #128
    Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    58,128
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

    Quote Originally Posted by Laugana View Post
    I was hoping there would be a cameo in the audience or something. They focused on the director a couple of times, wonder if he was some big name person like a composer maybe.
    I was hoping someone was gonna come on stage or something lol...like Loki shows up again for real lol\

  9. #129
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    That mid credit scene lol

    Spoiler: show
    It went on a LOT longer then I thought it would. Also, at the very end some character slid out just as the song was finishing. Who was that? Or I guess, which hero was he supposed to be?
    Spoiler: show
    we've seen most of the musical from episode 1, but we got to see the very start of it with the MC scene, and that was ant-man sliding to the front who 'wasn't even there' as Clint said lol


    Loved the finale. Was super fun. The action sequences were great, and I enjoyed the emotional payoff. Also.. really loving Yelena, Kate, and Clint all so much.

  10. #130
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,702
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    End of season spoilers (putting the link in spoiler since the URL could be a giveaway for someone who hasn't watched yet)

    Spoiler: show
    https://www.cinemablend.com/intervie...il-connections

    tldr - this is the same Kingpin from the Netflix series, so Daredevil series is canon more or less

  11. #131
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    12,822
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Spoiler: show
    That’s only from the actor’s lips and he specifically says “I believe.” So still not really any official word on if it’s cannon or not. Especially when he specifically says there’s some dots that can’t be connected and there are vast differences between the two characters. Which in his context he’s probably meaning so much stuff can/could have happened between the two shows, but basically is saying that you can’t prove a negative.
    So basically, he’s playing it as the same exact character, but he may or may not have word from the top of it actually is.

  12. #132
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,094
    BG Level
    8

    in my mind i'm just assuming the blip/snap kinda screwed up big mans operation and he's not as high on the totem as he was in the netflix shows. doesn't make a ton of sense but fuck it

  13. #133
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,810
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    I'm just gonna go with soft reboot so we can write off Iron Fist forever.

  14. #134
    You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    22,830
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

    Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    Spoiler: show
    Do we know if the Netflix series is considered canon in the MCU or are they just reusing actors? I never watched season 3, so I'm not sure where the characters all stand by the end of it.


    And I'm glad to see more Yelena. She was pretty much the only good thing about Black Widow movie.
    The way I look at it:

    Spoiler: show
    Everything is cannon until it isn’t. I think Disney mentioned something like this in the very beginning of the marvel purchase. That basically if they need to do something that will make something previous no longer cannon they’ll do it. So far everything has fit in nicely together between the Netflix show and the MCU. I remember they even allude to the Avengers destroying the city in Daredevil. Come to think of it, I can’t imagine Murdock liking them all that much which means things could get real interesting.

    Admittedly though I still have to finish the last season of Daredevil. I’m very thankful I ended up watching the show months ago. I had a feeling that somehow they were gonna get connected eventually. Now I gotta suck it up and watch The Punisher and Jessica Jones. Which I suspect are going to show up somehow, too.

    On a note: I read Vincent D’Onofrio is hopeful to continue the character and is down to being the major MCU bad guy for this wave of films/shows.

    I like that idea for two reasons: 1. Thanos was OP superhuman whereas Kingpin has no super powers. 2. Dude is a phenomenal actor and really made Daredevil a great watch.

    I did kinda laugh though how Disney is doing “after the killing” shots of Kingpin considering those who saw the show knows what he can do. You’re never gonna get to see the real Kingpin without watching Daredevil.

  15. #135
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    51,544
    BG Level
    10

    Hawkeye (D+) - November 24, 2021

    Spoiler: show
    I’m like 98.9% sure they’ve already stated the Netflix shows are no longer canon.

    What we’re seeing now is just the MCU’s version of the characters being replayed by the same actors since everyone agrees they’re all phenomenal.

  16. #136
    Old Odin
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6,095
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    I'm just gonna take the netflix stuff as a general idea of where these characters came from. Obviously it won't translate exactly because netflix ignored the snap, but most of it works fine and gives you an idea of who these characters are, what kind of things theyve been through, and what motivates them.

  17. #137
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    51,544
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Eurell View Post
    I'm just gonna take the netflix stuff as a general idea of where these characters came from. Obviously it won't translate exactly because netflix ignored the snap, but most of it works fine and gives you an idea of who these characters are, what kind of things theyve been through, and what motivates them.
    This. I take it for what's currently going on in the MCU with the multiverse shenanigans. Not the same character per se' but similar enough to know who they are with an already built-in fanbase. Honestly, this has been straight cash money for Disney. It's the ultimate mulligan.

  18. #138

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    24,302
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Finale question
    Spoiler: show
    never watched season 3 of Daredevil, did they give an explanation for why Kingpin is stupidly strong/durable? Like he was always a big strong dude, but not survive getting hit by a car and several exploding arrows and rip off a car door level strong

  19. #139
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    200
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Finale question
    Spoiler: show
    never watched season 3 of Daredevil, did they give an explanation for why Kingpin is stupidly strong/durable? Like he was always a big strong dude, but not survive getting hit by a car and several exploding arrows and rip off a car door level strong
    Spoiler: show
    In the show they explained he had a special vest/armor he wore at all times if I remember correctly. However, since this isn't necessarily the same Kingpin from that universe (since they haven't confirmed it and he could be a multiverse doppelganger) they could be going with a more comic-y Kingpin. In the comics, he's built his muscle mass up SO MUCH that he's mega strong and incredibly durable which could easily explain the car/explosion survival.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7