Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 354
  1. #161
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    70,501
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    Rex been the best character since coming back and dude is killing the role aye
    Playing a pillow fucker on Big Mouth is good for building a shitty person.


  2. #162
    okay guy I guess
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    24,398
    BG Level
    10

    I enjoyed the comic-con scene

  3. #163
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    12,823
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    I enjoyed the comic-con scene
    I thought the budget cut jokes went on a bit too long. Also thought the post-credit scene undermined the end of the episode quite jarringly. Otherwise, super solid episode.

  4. #164
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,741
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    They needed to get that scene in to setup where Allen's storyline is going. Going by the comics next week's episode is gonna be uh... dense to say the least.

  5. #165
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    12,823
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    They needed to get that scene in to setup where Allen's storyline is going. Going by the comics next week's episode is gonna be uh... dense to say the least.
    I get that’s it’s needed for plot, but for pacing and for reason I stated, just might have felt better at beginning of next episode.

  6. #166
    The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    29,767
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

    We need the rex origin story since we've gotten the Rex redemption. It'd be a good season tweener like Atom Eve.

  7. #167
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,741
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Haven't watched yet but the new episode is titled "I THOUGHT YOU WERE STRONGER"

    oh baby it's happening

  8. #168
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,741
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Huh, that was a weirdly paced finale.

    As much as Kirkman loves to end every issue/episode on big cliffhangers, the final 20 minutes was a lot of... nothing.

  9. #169
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    32,119
    BG Level
    10

    Aside from the crazy twists that happen in the plot, season 2 has been such a huge letdown in terms of production.

    Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

  10. #170
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    51,677
    BG Level
    10

    Invincible - Animated Series - March 26, 2021

    Really? The production itself was light years ahead of S1 I felt. The mars episode last season felt like it was animated by a bunch of North Koreans being kept awake on adderall and cattle prongs to their balls.

  11. #171

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    21,997
    BG Level
    10

    think (ironically) production isn't the most important thing in a story like this because it's so aggressively character-driven around the violence but x2 with Xno, madness to think season 2 was worse than 1. some stuff like Nolan drifting into the black hole was beautiful aesthetically in a way nothing in season 1 was.

    Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Huh, that was a weirdly paced finale.

    As much as Kirkman loves to end every issue/episode on big cliffhangers, the final 20 minutes was a lot of... nothing.
    also yes, was hot stuff but pacing was weird. season 2 in general had a lot of great individual stuff in it but think it suffered from the production hell schedule (maybe that's what salo meant). hopefully 3 will both come a lot quicker and be a lot more coherent as a whole without covid blowing everything up.

  12. #172
    Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,272
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    After just catching up on it now I can confidently say it was not worth the wait.

    Granted, to be clear, I didn't hate the season, overall I liked it, but these final like.. 4 episodes? No reason for the wait, wasn't satisfying, and I legitimately forgot who the Big-brain villain was because of the wait and even with the flashback reminding me I still don't remember who he is or why he matters, so the impact from that just kinda fizzled entirely, and all I could remember about the guy was he accidentally brained himself with the multi-dimensional computer.

    I guess the following is kinda spoilery, so yah, its mostly just my personal thoughts on this season.

    Spoiler: show
    One thing thats more a personal distaste is Marks baggage about killing the villain just seems... eh? Like, Boo-hoo you accidentally killed the the literal insane madman who wanted to use YOUR BABY BROTHER as a cudgel to beat YOUR mom to death. I could not be less invested in that plot point. I understand the emotional thread of him not wanting to be like his father, and that this murder was a result of him being so angry he lost control.. Idk It just didn't feel good, and its not a plot point I'm emotionally invested in, especially how they keep portraying it as "Not wanting to be like his father" when its like, dog you met your dad at the beginning of season 2, the man had changed, is remorseful, ready to die because of the guilt... like you don't want to be crazy murder dad I get it but did finding your dad and realizing what he had become because of how you emotionally impacted him change nothing?

    Maybe I'm just upset this little thread took up the entire second half of the final episode and seemed to be a whole lot of nothing. To reiterate I get what they're trying to do and WHY he's trying to build that wall, the line to not cross, idk if just feels like with the mid-season break being an episode where his boyscout attitude got his father gravely wounded and him nearly killed as well as all the people on that bug planet because he "Wouldn't kill" that Lady there'd be some character growth there but I guess we're not there yet.

    I personally hope Season 3 doesn't have a lot of "Will they, won't they" between Mark and Eve. I imagine he didn't bring it up right away cause he's still emotional broken because of killing the Psycho and breaking up with Amber, so I get it, I just hope this plot point doesn't linger too long is all.

    As for Amber, its about time. She sucked as a person in Season 1 and was easily the worst part of the show, Season 2 Part 1 did a lot to redeem her, but it was clear she wasn't and would never be happy with Mark and his responsibilities so I'm glad they cut that thread finally, it got where it needed to go and I think they both grew from it, it had a satisfying conclusion for me that I felt worked.


    Overall, I really did enjoy it, those are just minor gripes, a lot of what I liked has already been mentioned and overall the character growth has been excellent for many characters. Either way, I'm looking forward to Season 3 still, I just hope they don't do another stupid mid-season split that rips the emotional payoff for the final episode cause I literaly forgot who he was.

    so whens Season 3?

  13. #173
    okay guy I guess
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    24,398
    BG Level
    10

    Spoiler: show
    Kate thing seemed pretty obvious, if you had that power and DON'T keep the original/a spare copy (assuming given body is capable of fully functioning as the original does) stored somewhere incredibly secure what are you even doing?

  14. #174
    Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,272
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    Spoiler: show
    Kate thing seemed pretty obvious, if you had that power and DON'T keep the original/a spare copy (assuming given body is capable of fully functioning as the original does) stored somewhere incredibly secure what are you even doing?
    Spoiler: show
    Yah that seems kinda like an "Oh duh" moment TBH, I'm surprised it caught me off guard when it happened lol

  15. #175

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    21,997
    BG Level
    10

    Spoiler: show

    ye it's def obvious in retrospect but a lot of Invincible kinda is despite the seemingly twisty turny plotting. the story's main strength is the characterization and that's where it continues to shine. but yuh agree in hoping season 3 can pace and plot better, 2 was a fine season overall with some great stuff in it but the wait and release schedule made it all kinda choppy. also helps that the narrative itself is more interesting going forward.


    think the scenes with Angstrom reliving memories of evil Mark was the highlight. Sterling K Brown killed the role in general, Steven Yeun as well.

  16. #176
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,095
    BG Level
    8

    yeah steven yeun keeps getting better somehow and sterling was fantastic especially near the end, i was pretty disappointed he didn't feature more heavily throughout the season

  17. #177
    Pseudo-Elitist
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    3,503
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    Aren't Viltrumites supposed to get stronger the older they are? Shouldn't the one Mark fought on Thraxa have been much stronger then the one on Earth?

  18. #178
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    12,823
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    If so, it hasn’t been stated in the show.

  19. #179
    Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    18,856
    BG Level
    9

    No, Viltrumites get stronger the more they push their powers, but only with sustained use. Like working out.

  20. #180
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    32,119
    BG Level
    10

    Also, natural talent matters. Certain bloodlines seem to be stronger than others naturally.

    Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast