Page 10 of 48 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 950
  1. #181
    Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    18,842
    BG Level
    9

    I have zero doubt that if Steve Rogers had been Captain America at the time, fans would have applauded him trying to fight white supremacists at the border and combat a private police force that used everyone force against black people. But show black Sam Wilson in those situations, and now it's Marvel hating white people and pandering and race-baiting and virtue signaling and whatever else you want to say.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

  2. #182
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    32,110
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    9 pages in and no one really enjoyed it when Steve, Tony, Banner and Antman went back in time? That bit was personally very fun for me :D

    Seeing the "alternate" angles, felt like a behind the scenes thing. It was amazing. Cap vs Cap was funny too ("You gotta be shitting me..." "I've found Loki!" hahahaha ), especially when old Cap was way stronger (and here I thought current Cap would've gotten the experience needed). Current Hulk being embarassed over old Hulk, and those Hulk extra scenes! And Loki trolling. I love stuff like this.

    Otherwise, things I didn't expect:

    Thanos dying 30 mins in (I forget time)
    Infact, the credits could've rolled here and it would've confused the fuck out of the viewers! Shame it didn't. Or some partial credits should've loaded
    I never expected a time skip, and spent a lot of the time wondering "then who the heck is the villain?"
    Ahahaha

    When they did that, cut to black, then "Five. Years. Later.", you could hear people going wtf, and I started clapping and shouting "Great movie, got that bitch!"

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

  3. #183
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    221
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

    My only minor gripe at the moment: So IW Thor basically overpowers and almost kills Thanos with full gauntlet, but EG Thor with both Stormbreaker and Mjollnir couldn't take down non gauntlet/stones Thanos?

    Other than that...almost perfect. So many good callbacks to other movies and I feel like they wrapped up this phase in a satisfying way.

  4. #184
    Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    18,842
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Gredival View Post
    Hammer Cap was amazing and it was so gratifying to finally see him shine. When the Holy Trinity of Cap, Thor, and Iron Man walk out to face Thanos you just feel like Cap has no chance of lasting for any substantive amount of time.

    I think this really solidified for me that, Joss Whedon may be a fantastic director and a nerd, Cap is the one character he never really understood. From the campy ass original outfit for Cap in Avengers to the LANGUAGE! boy scout act in Ultron, he constantly whiffed on the character.
    My theater was still 90% full for a 2am show but I didn't hear anyone besides me gasp when Mjolnir lifted off the ground. I think most people thought Thor was calling it but I knew what was about to happen.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

  5. #185
    Kevin Chang
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10,685
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalima View Post
    My only minor gripe at the moment: So IW Thor basically overpowers and almost kills Thanos with full gauntlet, but EG Thor with both Stormbreaker and Mjollnir couldn't take down non gauntlet/stones Thanos?

    Other than that...almost perfect. So many good callbacks to other movies and I feel like they wrapped up this phase in a satisfying way.
    Fat is a -20 modifier to STR

  6. #186
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,638
    BG Level
    8

    What was the scene that had the biggest reaction from your theatre? When Captain caught Thor's hammer, people went ballistic in mine.

  7. #187
    Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    18,842
    BG Level
    9

    He caught Thanos by surprise before, plus we've seen that in the MCU, wearing all 6 gems at once is actually pretty debilitating rather than perma-God mode like the comics. So Thanos was definitely not at his peak at the end of Infinity War.

    Thanos with no gems at peak strength punked out The Hulk (didn't use the Power Stone to do it) so it makes sense he'd still be able to stand up to Thor. I appreciate that he DID need the Power Stone to get Captain Marvel off of him though.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

  8. #188

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    24,308
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalima View Post
    My only minor gripe at the moment: So IW Thor basically overpowers and almost kills Thanos with full gauntlet, but EG Thor with both Stormbreaker and Mjollnir couldn't take down non gauntlet/stones Thanos?

    Other than that...almost perfect. So many good callbacks to other movies and I feel like they wrapped up this phase in a satisfying way.
    Thor only got the drop on Thanos in Infinity War with the element of surprise. He wouldn’t have been able to shank a full gauntlet powered Thanos otherwise.

  9. #189
    Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    18,842
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by bori View Post
    What was the scene that had the biggest reaction from your theatre? When Captain caught Thor's hammer, people went ballistic in mine.
    "On your left."

    When Black Panther showed up my entire theater blew up.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

  10. #190
    Kevin Chang
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10,685
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    My theater was still 90% full for a 2am show but I didn't hear anyone besides me gasp when Mjolnir lifted off the ground. I think most people thought Thor was calling it but I knew what was about to happen.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    I was expecting Cap to be the sacrifice at the end in a callback to him being the last man standing against Thanos in the Infinity Gauntlet comics. So when Thor steals Mjollnir I had a feeling it was coming, since they had to do something to enable that fight. But it took nothing away from the sheer glory of the moment.

  11. #191
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,095
    BG Level
    8

    it was a fun movie, the first third i really wasn't huge on but they really stuck the landing (even if they did kinda yadda yadda caps finish). the all female moment made me laugh out loud, not for the all female part but when they all struck their intimidating battle poses and mantis is just like gogo gadget...antennae?

  12. #192
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,095
    BG Level
    8

    also of course thor is the mvp of the avengers after ragnarok and now this, what a goddamn treasure

  13. #193
    Kevin Chang
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10,685
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    I like how everyone was basically shitting on Quill for fucking things up, but the MCU went with shitting on Thor for not going for the head.

  14. #194
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    32,110
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    "On your left."

    When Black Panther showed up my entire theater blew up.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Omg, one guy in my audience did that battle cry BP does before they charge lmao.

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

  15. #195
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    17,291
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Gredival View Post
    -snip-
    Not getting into politics here but gotcha. I really need to see the Captain America movies.



    Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    9 pages in and no one really enjoyed it when Steve, Tony, Banner and Antman went back in time? That bit was personally very fun for me :D
    Probably my favorite time jump. Prof Hulk trying to act angry and embarassingly smash that car, past Hulk ranting about stairs, and past Thor using his hammer as a defibrillator was gold.

    Quote Originally Posted by bori View Post
    What was the scene that had the biggest reaction from your theatre? When Captain caught Thor's hammer, people went ballistic in mine.
    It was either Captain America wielding Thor's hammer or the other heroes joining the fight. I think Spider-Man and Black Panther got the biggest reaction

  16. #196
    Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    58,134
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

    I think my favorite moment was the shot where Cap was alone against Thanos and his whole army. That was the best

  17. #197
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,826
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Biggest reaction in my theater was def Capt America with the hammer.

  18. #198
    King Bitcher of Bitchington
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,509
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

    Quote Originally Posted by bori View Post
    What was the scene that had the biggest reaction from your theatre? When Captain caught Thor's hammer, people went ballistic in mine.
    People lost their shit when fat thor was shown. I was coughing from laughing so much.
    I think Captain Marvel got the best reaction.

    I was jaw dropped when Cap threw the hammer but nobody in the theater seemed to understand exactly what that meant lol

    My favorite part was Cap checking his own ass out LOL

  19. #199

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    24,308
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    My theatre went bananas for Cap with Mjollnir, Black Panther appearing, Spider-man appearing, and got one YASSSSSS at the girl power moment.

  20. #200
    Pied Piper of the Homos
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    7,406
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    So many plotholes took me out of the movie. It was a mess.

Page 10 of 48 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast