• Navigation
Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 575
  1. #221
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,883
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    I mean, who exactly is gonna give them crap for it? There’s not a single player today who’s bigger than the Yankees brand. And if any player tried to do so that’s not already signed with them will immediately be told to fuck off by longtime fans.
    you do understand how fucking idiotic that is right

  2. #222
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    51,676
    BG Level
    10

    Just telling you the attitude is not going to change from the players, fandom, or media anytime soon in regards to facial hair for the Yankees lol. And there isn’t going to be a player with enough clout in the foreseeable future to change “tradition.”

  3. #223
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,883
    BG Level
    10

    right, I'm saying the yankees, their fans, and the media that covers them are fuckin idiots

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

  4. #224
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    51,676
    BG Level
    10

    okay

  5. #225
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

  6. #226
    Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    21,329
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

    Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    Not talking about players on the team, more like media and other players. It's just so antiquated. Do you really want to miss out on a player just because they like their facial hair and don't want to conform to that level for... what's the reason again? "Professionalism"?

    To me it's another flavor of the "Unwritten Rules" crap that the Braves (rightfully) used to take crap for

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    No player is going to pass on the Yankees due to the facial hair and hair length policy. The only person that may have pushed it would have been Harper and I'm sure he would have cleaned up for them too. You guys remember when Johnny Damon came to the Yankees from Boston and the media went all WILL HE SHAVE AND CUT HIS HAIR and then he shows up at a press conference looking like a baby boy.

    It maybe be antiquated for baseball but thousands of employers require people be clean shaven for employment.

  7. #227
    GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    25,823
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    No player is going to pass on the Yankees due to the facial hair and hair length policy.
    Why would you think that? You really don't think it has been a factor in anyone's decision?

    It maybe be antiquated for baseball but thousands of employers require people be clean shaven for employment.
    Right but it's baseball, not a regular job. The work force has the power.



    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

  8. #228
    Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    21,329
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

    Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    Why would you think that? You really don't think it has been a factor in anyone's decision?



    Right but it's baseball, not a regular job. The work force has the power.



    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Well they haven't said so publicly and that's all we have to go by. If no one has said it then it probably hasn't been a factor so I'll continue to think it until it comes out. I'm sure if Harper made a stink about it there would be a lot of pressure on the Yankees to budge, and without George, they probably would break.

  9. #229
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,883
    BG Level
    10

    I don't get how the Yankees trade for players. When you make a trade, you don't get to rewrite their contract with a beard clause right?

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

  10. #230
    GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    25,823
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Well they haven't said so publicly and that's all we have to go by. If no one has said it then it probably hasn't been a factor so I'll continue to think it until it comes out.
    I mean, we can go by normal human logic. Anything and everything is a consideration for where you work. No one has said it because relationships are important. If someone decides not to sign there they aren't going to announce that part of it was because of the beard rule.

    Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    I don't get how the Yankees trade for players. When you make a trade, you don't get to rewrite their contract with a beard clause right?

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    I guess the Yankees reach out to make sure the player is ok with the rule before finalizing the trade? See how bizarre this is lol

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

  11. #231
    a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    25,964
    BG Level
    10

    Max Muncy hits a ball 600 feet into the water, and Bumgarner gets mad that he pimped it.

    https://streamable.com/xc0ya

    Edit: Also I now love Max Muncy: https://twitter.com/Joe_Davis/status...52334141140993

    Muncy: “Bumgarner said ‘don’t watch the ball, run’, and I just told him if he doesn’t want me to watch the ball, go get it out of the ocean.”


  12. #232
    Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    58,155
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

    Bahahaha

  13. #233
    Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    58,155
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

    David Ortiz reportedly shot in the Dominican Republic

  14. #234
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,883
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    Max Muncy hits a ball 600 feet into the water, and Bumgarner gets mad that he pimped it.

    https://streamable.com/xc0ya

    Edit: Also I now love Max Muncy: https://twitter.com/Joe_Davis/status...52334141140993
    He barely even pimped it at all. Bumgarner is the worst, Muncy should've crawled around the bases after that.

  15. #235
    BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    10,133
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Cail View Post
    David Ortiz reportedly shot in the Dominican Republic
    https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/red-so...ry?id=63597748

    My local news sports reporter just said he was shot in the back and is in surgery right now. Shit this is terrible.

  16. #236
    GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    25,823
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    Max Muncy hits a ball 600 feet into the water, and Bumgarner gets mad that he pimped it.

    https://streamable.com/xc0ya

    Edit: Also I now love Max Muncy: https://twitter.com/Joe_Davis/status...52334141140993
    Lmao that is some weak shit. I hope every dodger goes slow as hell around the bases for him now

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

  17. #237
    Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

    The Immortal Bill Duke

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    15,697
    BG Level
    9

    looking for b+ donors for papi

  18. #238
    Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    21,329
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    looking for b+ donors for papi
    Dang I'm ab+ I'm the whore of blood types but I don't put out.

  19. #239
    Brokage
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    20,324
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Quote Originally Posted by Cail View Post
    David Ortiz reportedly shot in the Dominican Republic
    There is security cam footage of it floating on twitter. Ortiz is just sitting having a drink and random doode just walks up behind him and shoots. There's also footage of everyone tracking the guy and pinning him down while they wait for authorities, randomly hitting and kicking him too. Shit is nuts.

  20. #240
    Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    28,647
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

    It's a dodger thing. Was the same with Puig. Dude just really really really hates the fucking Dodger's.

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2239
    Last Post: 2019-06-15, 17:46
  2. Replies: 941
    Last Post: 2018-09-22, 17:10
  3. Replies: 755
    Last Post: 2017-11-02, 12:50
  4. Replies: 497
    Last Post: 2016-10-03, 14:20
  5. Replies: 640
    Last Post: 2015-10-05, 12:15