Page 43 of 58 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast
Results 841 to 860 of 1159
  1. #841
    AoE
    AoE is offline
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    7,117
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Malenia's difficulty also depends on your build. I could get to her second form consistently on my STR build char. My DEX build char was more inconsistent because I couldn't stagger her as much so placement was a lot more important for me. Ironically I beat her with the DEX build solo. The STR build I summoned because I just wanted to beat the game at that point.

  2. #842
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    12,821
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    Horses name is a bad word.
    Dunno how I missed that word.

  3. #843
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,862
    BG Level
    10

    It's kinda funny they named the horse after the method I obtained the game

  4. #844
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5,090
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

    lol

  5. #845
    I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    39,576
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    Forum bot is being stupid and haven’t a clue what it could be referring to. So here’s the question I tried to post on image form.
    Spoiler: show
    to answer your question, the best thing to do early game is play around with different weapon types before upgrading anything, since smithing stones don’t become easily obtainable for a bit. find which weapon types you like based on damage/speed of attack/movesets (abilities).

    besides that, the only other advice is to just run around and explore as much as possible. you say you did most of the starting area with the map by the horse grace, you can also do a little east of there and definitely clear the south island

    look for churches for tears to improve your flask quality (mini-trees with seeds for quantity are pretty much placed in areas obvious to progressing the game), and all ruins have an underground chamber, some hidden, with items. edit: I’m not talking about the minor erdtrees, odds are you know what mini golden trees im talking about if you’ve explored. there’s one in the starting tomb area. you should also clear minor erdtree bosses as you find them though, as they generally drop items to improve your magicked flask

    once you are strong enough to take down margit, natural progression means you are pretty much ready to progress through the game normally

  6. #846
    I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    39,576
    BG Level
    10

    for ashes, generally, any of the NQ ash types are interchangeable; the renowned ashes (ghost glovewort) are the stronger ones. you get a lot of these as the game progresses, at least to take them to +9, so you can play around with them all a bit. the wolves are perfectly fine as a starter ash, some people like the jellyfish because it’s a bit tankier and can poison. but pretty much all of them are useful enough while you wait to get the “best” ones

  7. #847
    I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    39,576
    BG Level
    10


  8. #848
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5,090
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

    Spent over 3 hours on fınal boss and definitely won’t be finishing game today.

  9. #849
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5,090
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

    After about 1.5-2 more hours today I caved in and tried to summon a cooperator. One of them requested to solo and asked me to follow him on Youtube. The other also wanted to solo but died on the first battle.

    I said screw it and gave it another try alone.

    …and final boss down My hands were shaking when I had to burn my last 3 flasks at boss w/ less than 10% of health remaining but eventually it gave me enough space to punish.

    The last two dungeon felt rushed and the final battle could’ve been less punishing. In terms of aesthetics, battle arena, music all were awesome though.

  10. #850
    The Fucking Voice of Actually
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    11,046
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries
    6

    https://www.reddit.com/gallery/vt1nib
    FromSoft & Bandi Namco give Let Me Solo Her a super collector's edition with A FUCKING SWORD.

  11. #851
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    12,821
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Looks like the same edition available to the others who got it, with the inclusion of that note.
    Who is he and what has he done?

  12. #852
    The Fucking Voice of Actually
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    11,046
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries
    6

    He kills Malenia for people.
    Solo.
    Naked.
    But for the pot on his head, and cloth on his loin.

  13. #853
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    12,821
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Oh hey. I finally found the Souls part of Elden Ring.

    So, I haven’t been playing for very long. I’m about 20 hours through the game and I’ve noticed the game was drastically easier than any other souls game. It is still fun. Exploring is great. Not saying it isn’t. But aside from the bosses that are obviously way higher level than my character in the open world, there’s been no real challenge.

    I cleared everything in the start area except for Caelid area and up to Highstorm Castle, including the Sofria River section (which that was challenging, but again, probably cause I shouldn’t have been there at the time.) so tonight I started Highstorm Castle and it was there I found my Souls game again. Great stuff. I assume all the Big Bosses have these big dungeons accompanying them?

  14. #854
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5,090
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

    Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    I cleared everything in the start area except for Caelid area and up to Highstorm Castle, including the Sofria River section (which that was challenging, but again, probably cause I shouldn’t have been there at the time.) so tonight I started Highstorm Castle and it was there I found my Souls game again. Great stuff. I assume all the Big Bosses have these big dungeons accompanying them?
    Expect to fight a significantly more challenging boss in there.

    Most of the Great Enemies have a dungeon but not all of them do. And those that do don’t always have a soulslike depth like Stormveil.

    You’ll get attacked by some Great Enemies while exploring out in the fields. Expect some variety in them. I recall one hell of a challenging boss gatekeeping a dungeon, attacking at a damn unexpected moment. I was riding into the said dungeon, expecting a grace and mother****er was like “Oh, no you won’t.”

  15. #855
    okay guy I guess
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    24,387
    BG Level
    10

    Official licensed Elden Ring gag manga: https://comic-walker.com/contents/de...3324020000_68/

  16. #856
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    12,821
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    So after clearing out the majority of Limgrave and weeping penninsula and halfish of Liurnia, this is a good game. Fun. I’ll definitely play through a couple times. But as far as Soulsborne rankings, I put it pretty low. Still plenty of time to change my mind though.

  17. #857
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    12,821
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Ensha… am I missing something?

    Spoiler: show
    I get transported to alternate Rountable, attacked by this dude, body him like he’s a bitch, and the game calls him a GREAT enemy. Go back to my world and dude’s dead. If he was a red phantom, shouldn’t he still be alive in my world? And the item description of his armor calls him some Soulless King like that means something, and Gideons just like “don’t worry about it. Also, totally get the other half of this medallion that I’m definitely not going to try and use you for.”

  18. #858
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    12,821
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Disclaimer: I think Elden Ring is a good game.


    My progress is slow, but I am getting there. Cleared all of Limgrave and Weeping Peninsula, and Sofria River, (that I know of) and all I’ve got left of Liurnia is the Academy.

    I don’t like the open world areas. They are big and mostly filler and repeat bosses (i.e. more filler) and when I do find a place on the map like a town or something it ends up basically just being a handful of enemies and a treasure chest. Catacombs are fun to play through, but they have no link to the rest of the game, aside from a few quest items or such. Good dungeons and interesting open-world-sequences are few and far between.

    A lot of the NPC quests just resolve themselves somehow and it’s done lazily. Like so many quests are just suddenly Oh, you played the game and reached this part so now I’m dead, or now I’m napping. Nvm that I hadn’t told you anything about anything so it’s been taken completely out of your hands. Many of them feel so horribly inconsequential. edit for this part. Ok, overreacting a bit here, but Rogier, Ranni, and D happening all relatively quickly in my playthrough was a big wtf. Like, a good example of how to do this would be Nepheli's quest. You take to Professor Snape who's obviously a piece of shit and when he tells you to give this mysterious potion to her you have the option to do it or not. D and the dagger, all I did was mention the dagger and the game takes away any choice I had (still not sure how it led to his death at this point) Edit over.

    So many names get dropped. So many factions. The majority of them meaningless to me thus far and just straight up confusing. Malazan was easier to follow than this game’s story.

    Spirits. Spirits are fun. I enjoy them. They are neat. They trivialize boss battles. The most I’ve died to any boss has been three times and I’ve rarely had to learn any of their attacks and patterns. Yes “then don’t use a spirit” is an option. But the game gave it to me and it’s fun and so I use it. Maybe in my next playthrough (when I can skip 90% of the game by just riding past everything on my horse,) I’ll restrict myself like I’ve done with other challenge runs of other soulsborne games. I wish you could respec spirits because most of mine are lv1 since until I get the bell from much later in the game, the grasses are severely limited.

    Clothing changes are so half-asses I wonder why they put them in the game. Crafting also seems largely pointless and there simply because it’s a thing you put in an open world game (so you can fill your open world with more filler)

    Not being able to use your map when you have agro. If there was just one thing I could change about this game it would probably be that.


    I’ll repeat. Elden Eing is a good game. If it wins game of the year, I’ll see no problem with that. However, this is a terrible Soulsborne game. That is my 6-month late take that’s probably already been bitched and moaned about to death.

  19. #859
    I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    39,576
    BG Level
    10

    new update dropped yesterday. most of it was rebalancing some stuff specifically for pvp, but dataminers poking through files found 2 new maps (one seems to be a legacy dungeon, the other might be tied to the coliseums in the map). most people poking through the files seem to think it’s hinting towards dlc coming soon

    https://kotaku.com/elden-ring-patch-...1849653017/amp

  20. #860
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    12,821
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Good thing I'm almost-sh done with the game then.

    So I've had some complaints about this game, but the one thing I'd have them change if I could would be making it so reaching Altus Plateau didn't hard lock almost every single quest into being able to progress. I reached the place before clearing the academy and even setting foot in Cealid, so I spent a large portion of the game not able to do practically anything with any of my NPCs. What gets them stuck/unstuck is completely baffling. I know it's pretty similar to other souls games, but all the other souls games arent sprawling open world games. A few are clear about at least what direction you should be heading in, but others are just...? Like Nephili just sitting in roundtable after I gave her the hawk. And Sellen. Shit, she doesn't even make mention about the fact there's two of her.

    I've left Altus Plateau unexplored thus far, and from what I can figure, aside from everything up there, all I have left to clear is Noxwhatever Eternal City, Lake of Rot, and non-festival Redmane Castle,

Page 43 of 58 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast