Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 355
  1. #61
    Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,268
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Riperoni, co-op is the selling point of those games for me since I play them with my brother... what a silly idea to just axe it entirely.

  2. #62
    Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    8,125
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Unlisted video showing special skills


  3. #63
    I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    21,265
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle


  4. #64
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    70,477
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries
    9


  5. #65
    Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,841
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    I've kept up with the series over the years. I've always found the Tales series fairly generic and boring. (that's fairly unpopular I know). But that being said this looks like from the trailer, the first Tales game I WANT to play. Here's hoping to a good one.

  6. #66
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,411
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    New trailer is giving me some Eternia and Graces vibes...so thats a positive thing instead of more Xillia or Zestiria.

  7. #67
    Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,268
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Xilia made me bored out of my mind, never finished it. But Zesteria was great, thoroughly enjoyed that one. Feel like I should point out I've only ever played the entire Tales franchise (Save Symphonia) as the Co-Op partner with my older brother, so YMMV. Really liked the weapon system in Zesteria and trying to make great or busted weapons.

    Loved Graces too though, never played Eternia.

  8. #68
    Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    18,847
    BG Level
    9

    Zesteria was... fine.

    Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

  9. #69
    a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    25,960
    BG Level
    10

    Zesteria was fine, but Berseria absolutely did not miss the horrid weapon synthesis horse shit. I still think Xillia/Jude was the pinnacle of the old Tales combat. I wish they'd go back to that combat style but I've pretty much accepted that they won't.

  10. #70
    The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    20,640
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

    I always hear people talking about the combat, but what about the plots?

  11. #71
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,819
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    I always hear people talking about the combat, but what about the plots?
    Nothing to write forums about..

    Oh, maybe you meant "plot"? YMMV.

  12. #72
    Ayn
    Ayn is online now
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,304
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    My take on the plots, as someone who's played a lot of Tales games (didn't play Innocence/only got a little bit of the way into Rebirth, which supposedly has one of the best plots)

    Xillia: Eh.

    Xillia 2: An improvement in most respects; the individual character side story system that had going on was great (for all that people panned it; Legendia did something similar in the second half that made it better). Stuff got stupid at the end, and you had to read supplemental material to make sense of some of the crap not explicitly stated.

    Graces F: Amazing combat system. Some parts of it get dark in a way that remind me of Phantasia. Also some of the most hilarious skits (Jewel Box? The Masked Barona), as well as end battle quotes.

    Bersaria: About the only thing it did worse than Zestiria was the music (it wasn't bad; just sounded like baseline Sakuraba). Skits were also top notch.

    Zestiria: If they deleted Rose from the plot entirely and just made it "Sorey and Mikleo's excellent adventure" then it'd be better. Re: music. If you notice some weird ups and downs with the music (like some areas sounding totally different) it's because Go Shiina did a few tracks. Which were awesome.

    Eternia: It actually took me a long time to warm up to this one because I disliked the character designs at first, but it was a great game. A lot longer than I expected, too, but a fun ride. No idea what happened to my copy (well the English one; still have the Japanese one).

    I mean it's easy (and damn near borderline hipster-like) to say they have cliched plots. Play enough RPGs and you see a repeating theme. If they have endearing characters or funny quirks, then it ends up being ok.

    For reference for Graces:



    And poor Hubert:


  13. #73
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,459
    BG Level
    7

    Vesperia was the last great, or even good, Tales game (not counting Graces F since that's a rerelease). Everything since has been bad to ok. Berseria was close, but the equipment system was terrible.

  14. #74
    The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    20,640
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

    Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    Nothing to write forums about..

    Oh, maybe you meant "plot"? YMMV.
    No. Not anime tiddies, because any bog standard anime can churn out the fanservice. I mean actual story. Plot.

    There's gotta be something beyond all the screeching combat and combo counters and girls in dresses and sword-wielding protags.

  15. #75
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,459
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by KuroTsuki View Post
    Vesperia was the last great, or even good, Tales game (not counting Graces F since that's a rerelease). Everything since has been bad to ok. Berseria was close, but the equipment system was terrible.
    Actually, I might bump Berseria up to "good," but I'd still say it's way below stuff like Symphonia, Abyss and Vesperia.

  16. #76
    Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    18,847
    BG Level
    9

    Abyss was truly excellent. Vesperia wasn't as good but still a great game. I've also played Symphonia, which I would put under Vesperia but definitely good.

    Note: this is all in reference to the plots of each.


    Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

  17. #77
    The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    20,640
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

    I watched the entirety of Berseria and enjoyed what they were putting down. I thought they did a very good job of a "win at all costs" narrative.

  18. #78
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,459
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    Abyss was truly excellent. Vesperia wasn't as good but still a great game. I've also played Symphonia, which I would put under Vesperia but definitely good.

    Note: this is all in reference to the plots of each.


    Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
    That would be my order too for those 3. Abyss >> Vesperia > Symohonia

    Definitely the GOATs of Tales games.

  19. #79
    a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    25,960
    BG Level
    10

    Vesperia is the best game to me by far, both for the characters and the combat which is greatly improved over Abyss.

    However, Zestiria is at least "okay" tier for a single reason: Zaveid's theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNKeQWyrfVU

  20. #80
    Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,268
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Spoiler: show
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayn View Post
    My take on the plots, as someone who's played a lot of Tales games (didn't play Innocence/only got a little bit of the way into Rebirth, which supposedly has one of the best plots)

    Xillia: Eh.

    Xillia 2: An improvement in most respects; the individual character side story system that had going on was great (for all that people panned it; Legendia did something similar in the second half that made it better). Stuff got stupid at the end, and you had to read supplemental material to make sense of some of the crap not explicitly stated.

    Graces F: Amazing combat system. Some parts of it get dark in a way that remind me of Phantasia. Also some of the most hilarious skits (Jewel Box? The Masked Barona), as well as end battle quotes.

    Bersaria: About the only thing it did worse than Zestiria was the music (it wasn't bad; just sounded like baseline Sakuraba). Skits were also top notch.

    Zestiria: If they deleted Rose from the plot entirely and just made it "Sorey and Mikleo's excellent adventure" then it'd be better. Re: music. If you notice some weird ups and downs with the music (like some areas sounding totally different) it's because Go Shiina did a few tracks. Which were awesome.

    Eternia: It actually took me a long time to warm up to this one because I disliked the character designs at first, but it was a great game. A lot longer than I expected, too, but a fun ride. No idea what happened to my copy (well the English one; still have the Japanese one).

    I mean it's easy (and damn near borderline hipster-like) to say they have cliched plots. Play enough RPGs and you see a repeating theme. If they have endearing characters or funny quirks, then it ends up being ok.

    For reference for Graces:



    And poor Hubert:



    Graces was probably my favorite in recent memory, played the Forte edition and really enjoyed it, especially the hidden arts like the one you posted, which I found entirely by accident once which prompted a google search lol.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2019-06-19, 10:00
  2. Call of Cthulhu (PC/PS4/XB1)
    By 6souls in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 2018-10-31, 11:56
  3. Agents of Mayhem (PC/PS4/XB1)
    By 6souls in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 2017-06-10, 15:28
  4. Styx 2: Shards of Darkness (PC/PS4/XB1)
    By 6souls in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 2017-04-18, 23:41
  5. Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor (PC/PS4/XB1/PS3/360)
    By 6souls in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 124
    Last Post: 2016-03-29, 13:31
  6. Styx: Master of Shadows (PC/PS4/XB1)
    By 6souls in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 2015-01-06, 13:06
  7. The Legend of Korra (PC/PS4/XB1/PS3/360/3DS)
    By 6souls in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 2014-10-22, 06:42
  8. Lara Croft and The Temple of Osiris (PC/PS4/XB1)
    By 6souls in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 2014-08-31, 23:08