Page 13 of 153 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 3042
  1. #241
    Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    8,125
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    Also, am I better off doing 1 pull at a time? Or go for 10 with the guaranteed 4-5 star pull included? =X
    I don't know if it matters, but I would go 10 at a time. You get the 3* filler over with all at once. lol

  2. #242
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    single pulls are infinitely better if you're aiming to save money and not time, unless you're just trying to hit the pity counter for the sake of it.

  3. #243
    I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    21,264
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomiko View Post
    Advance Teal Deer: What team should I be building up for late game dungeons/content?

    For those at higher levels (35+, I'm at 32 currently), what changes would you suggest for my current main party? With upgrade costs, I feel like I should be making any changes as soon as possible.

    • Traveler - Anemo/Geo (Note: I have the Sword of Descension for them maxed out for my level.)
    • Fischl - Electro (Maxed constellation)
    • Amber - Pyro
    • Barbara - Hydro (Maxed constellation)


    Others I have:
    • Beidou - Electro
    • Kaeya - Cryo
    • Lisa - Electro
    • Noelle - Geo
    • Razor - Electro
    • Sucrose - Anemo
    • Venti - Anemo (Maxed or -1 constellation)
    • Xiangling - Pyro (Think 3 constellation upgrades)


    No shortage of Electro or Bow users. lol Though I'd likely use Keqing if I had her.

    I've mainly been using Fischl/Barbara for DPS, but that doesn't do well when I come across things that aren't weak to Electro which leaves me with Traveler (was typically on Geo until I changed back to Anemo recently for better damage) and Amber who is hard to make elemental combos with.

    Amber got tossed in because I got tired of lighting torches as Xiangling having to wait all the time. Plus the Bunny helps with weighted plate puzzles. So she's mainly there out of convenience and me being lazy to switch characters out for most current content (at my level).

    I should probably be using Venti, but I'm guessing I would likely have to drop Traveler (since Geo sucks and 2x Anemo doesn't seem good) and/or Fischl (I'm biased towards her). I know I definitely don't want more than 2x Bow users.
    Razor should definitely be being used. Maybe drop Amber for him?

  4. #244
    Impossiblu
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,445
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    single pulls are infinitely better if you're aiming to save money and not time, unless you're just trying to hit the pity counter for the sake of it.
    If you're aiming to save money you would want the most bang for your buck, and you get no guaranteed 4* by doing single pulls

  5. #245
    I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    21,264
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    If you're aiming to save money you would want the most bang for your buck, and you get no guaranteed 4* by doing single pulls
    Ummmm what? You still get the guaranteed 4* every 10 pulls doing single pulls.

  6. #246
    Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    8,125
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    Razor should definitely be being used. Maybe drop Amber for him?
    Wouldn't 2x Electro be an issue? I haven't really used him since I got him so late, but I'll start working on building him up.

  7. #247
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    If you're aiming to save money you would want the most bang for your buck, and you get no guaranteed 4* by doing single pulls
    Yeah this is super false, the only difference between 1 and 10 pulls is the time it takes for them to happen.

  8. #248
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    728
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Hioki Mitone
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

    Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    If you're aiming to save money you would want the most bang for your buck, and you get no guaranteed 4* by doing single pulls
    Pity is always 10 pulls regardless of single or 10 pull. Pity resets immediately if you pull a 4*. If you do a 10 pull and get a 4* on your 3rd drop and blues for the rest you will get a 4* by completing 3 additional single pulls. The worst case is always 10 from the last purple you got.

  9. #249
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,031
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomiko View Post
    Advance Teal Deer: What team should I be building up for late game dungeons/content?

    For those at higher levels (35+, I'm at 32 currently), what changes would you suggest for my current main party? With upgrade costs, I feel like I should be making any changes as soon as possible.

    • Traveler - Anemo/Geo (Note: I have the Sword of Descension for them maxed out for my level.)
    • Fischl - Electro (Maxed constellation)
    • Amber - Pyro
    • Barbara - Hydro (Maxed constellation)


    Others I have:
    • Beidou - Electro
    • Kaeya - Cryo
    • Lisa - Electro
    • Noelle - Geo
    • Razor - Electro
    • Sucrose - Anemo
    • Venti - Anemo (Maxed or -1 constellation)
    • Xiangling - Pyro (Think 3 constellation upgrades)


    No shortage of Electro or Bow users. lol Though I'd likely use Keqing if I had her.

    I've mainly been using Fischl/Barbara for DPS, but that doesn't do well when I come across things that aren't weak to Electro which leaves me with Traveler (was typically on Geo until I changed back to Anemo recently for better damage) and Amber who is hard to make elemental combos with.

    Amber got tossed in because I got tired of lighting torches as Xiangling having to wait all the time. Plus the Bunny helps with weighted plate puzzles. So she's mainly there out of convenience and me being lazy to switch characters out for most current content (at my level).

    I should probably be using Venti, but I'm guessing I would likely have to drop Traveler (since Geo sucks and 2x Anemo doesn't seem good) and/or Fischl (I'm biased towards her). I know I definitely don't want more than 2x Bow users.
    I would stay on top of Venti and keep the main character GEO. Swap Amber for Xiangling for combat but Amber for puzzles. Main character GEO can do all the plates with the Comet Drop (If you hold the button, you can aim the comet). I LOVE main character GEO because their ult boosts crit inside the crags, if you drop the comet on bosses, it instantly breaks for ult energy for everyone, and their normal attack is decent damage (cheap to cap the talent, too). I can two-cycle most bosses or even faster.

  10. #250
    I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    21,264
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomiko View Post
    Wouldn't 2x Electro be an issue? I haven't really used him since I got him so late, but I'll start working on building him up.
    Double Electro means you gain energy faster. So basically both Fish and Razor's Ults will usually always be up.

  11. #251
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,741
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Decided not to re-roll. Managed to get Fischl and Barbara from AR7 rolls. From what I've heard, both are good. Was kind of a slog to get to AR7 >.>

  12. #252
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    70,413
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by IceSylph View Post
    Decided not to re-roll. Managed to get Fischl and Barbara from AR7 rolls. From what I've heard, both are good. Was kind of a slog to get to AR7 >.>
    Cakewalk to AR7, you mean. Current story ends at AR29, no new quests by AR40.

  13. #253
    I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    21,264
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    Cakewalk to AR7, you mean. Current story ends at AR29, no new quests by AR40.
    no new archon quests*

  14. #254
    Brokage
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    20,316
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    So from the gist of the discussion above, I should just be doing single pulls?

  15. #255
    Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,267
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    I would yah.

  16. #256
    Queen of the Pity Party
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    11,743
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomiko View Post
    Advance Teal Deer: What team should I be building up for late game dungeons/content?

    For those at higher levels (35+, I'm at 32 currently), what changes would you suggest for my current main party? With upgrade costs, I feel like I should be making any changes as soon as possible.

    • Traveler - Anemo/Geo (Note: I have the Sword of Descension for them maxed out for my level.)
    • Fischl - Electro (Maxed constellation)
    • Amber - Pyro
    • Barbara - Hydro (Maxed constellation)


    Others I have:
    • Beidou - Electro
    • Kaeya - Cryo
    • Lisa - Electro
    • Noelle - Geo
    • Razor - Electro
    • Sucrose - Anemo
    • Venti - Anemo (Maxed or -1 constellation)
    • Xiangling - Pyro (Think 3 constellation upgrades)


    No shortage of Electro or Bow users. lol Though I'd likely use Keqing if I had her.

    I've mainly been using Fischl/Barbara for DPS, but that doesn't do well when I come across things that aren't weak to Electro which leaves me with Traveler (was typically on Geo until I changed back to Anemo recently for better damage) and Amber who is hard to make elemental combos with.

    Amber got tossed in because I got tired of lighting torches as Xiangling having to wait all the time. Plus the Bunny helps with weighted plate puzzles. So she's mainly there out of convenience and me being lazy to switch characters out for most current content (at my level).

    I should probably be using Venti, but I'm guessing I would likely have to drop Traveler (since Geo sucks and 2x Anemo doesn't seem good) and/or Fischl (I'm biased towards her). I know I definitely don't want more than 2x Bow users.
    From that list I would do
    Barbara
    Venti
    Razor
    Your Choice, maybe Geo traveler

    Barb is a healer, duh.
    Venti is OP crowd control and does great damage. He is rated by a lot of people as the best character in the game. Plus his sklil comes in super handy for exploration.
    Razor's damage is insane.

    Edit: Shoot, that doesn't have Pyro in it. Probably Xiangling for 4th slot then

  17. #257
    Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,267
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Honestly, I'd probably make a Meta team like whats recommended above, Xiang/Barbara/Venti/Fischl is who I'd recommend, though Razor gives you a Greatsword user (great for breaking shit in the open world), both are superb units but I personally just like Fischl better.

    That SAID, once you finish that good team, I'd also consider making a fun team if you get extra resources. I.E Teammates you enjoy playing as. Personally, Beidou isn't great tier list wise, but I LOVE her animations and playstyle, plus she's a badass Pirate Queen.

  18. #258
    Brokage
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    20,316
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Other then Barbara, are there any other characters you get via the story or rank up?

  19. #259
    Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,267
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Xiangling I think you can get when you clear a certain Abyss stage. IDK about the others aside from the obvious ones you get in the Prologue.

  20. #260
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,909
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    Other then Barbara, are there any other characters you get via the story or rank up?
    As Karb said, Xiang is from clearing 3-3 in Abyss, which I did at great struggle around AR23ish. At the time I only had Mona as a real unit, was quite a struggle lol

Page 13 of 153 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 2024-10-22, 16:17
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 2022-10-28, 11:05
  3. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 2021-08-26, 16:05
  4. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 2021-08-18, 14:14
  5. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 2020-09-29, 15:53
  6. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2019-12-31, 12:09
  7. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2018-04-18, 21:04