Page 130 of 153 FirstFirst ... 80 120 128 129 130 131 132 140 ... LastLast
Results 2581 to 2600 of 3042
  1. #2581
    Queen of the Pity Party
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    11,743
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Ganesh View Post
    I like Dendro with Pyro and Electro the best.
    Not a fan of Hydro and Geo.
    what I like most about you is that you're a real person and not a bot who wants to post images, that's really cool of you

  2. #2582
    Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    3,497
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Ragns Meuhie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries
    173

  3. #2583
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,853
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    That Fontaine energy mechanic sounds kinda meh. At least we get Lynette for free and I assume her brother is the opposite type so people will want to pull him to be able to complete puzzles.

  4. #2584
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,822
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Finished up the summer event; as fun as it was, running around with Klee, Collei, Kokomi, and Eula, I felt it was the least fun summer zone we've had. No real Alice lore drops either.

  5. #2585
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    328
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    I caught up on the archon quests for now, working on some of the character quests that I can unlock until update hits, then doing as much side stuff as I can. Saving until the update is really starting to hurt, still rocking that starter squad basically.

  6. #2586
    Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    8,126
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    Finished up the summer event; as fun as it was, running around with Klee, Collei, Kokomi, and Eula, I felt it was the least fun summer zone we've had. No real Alice lore drops either.
    I'm on the other end of the spectrum and enjoyed it more than previous years for the most part. There were a few parts that dragged on with dialogue, but I enjoyed the carnival atmosphere. I think not having to climb huge mountains also helped with my enjoyment, I wasn't a fan of travel in the Golden Apple Archipelago.

  7. #2587
    Smells like Onions
    Join Date
    Jul 2023
    Posts
    7
    BG Level
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    what I like most about you is that you're a real person and not a bot who wants to post images, that's really cool of you
    How do I reply to that, uummm, thanks!

  8. #2588
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    328
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Trying to max out stamina before the update hits, sitting around 220 or so. I think I'm about at the point where I can start investing in characters outside the main 4 I'm using, but probably going to wait until update hits to see what's worth working on.

    My team now includes Lisa, Kaeya, Bennett, Barbara, Amber, Kirara, Dori, Diona, Xiangling, Yun Jin, Collei, Layla, Mika (I have no 5* and I must scream). Using a pretty mediocre hyperbloom team of MC, Bennett, Barbara, and Lisa. Are any of these other characters I have able to make a decent team?

  9. #2589
    a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    25,986
    BG Level
    10

    Bennett and Xiangling are main-stay characters that a lot of team compositions revolve around, so they're pretty safe bets to invest heavily into. I expect with Fontaine we'll probably get a decent Hydro unit or two for Bloom teams, but keep your eye on the Starglitter shop every month to pick up a copy of Xinqiu, because he's also extremely good. Sucrose is another one to look out for, although Lynette will probably be useful to you as a free Anemo character.

    She was re-run pretty recently so you may be waiting a while, but I'd keep an eye out for Nahida's banner the next time she appears. She and Kazuha are probably the two best overall characters in the game. I haven't looked at many of the Fontaine leaks so I don't know off-hand if there are any strong new characters coming soon, but Focalors is a pretty safe bet to be good as an Archon.

    Edit: Another good Starglitter shop character to keep an eye out for is Fischl. Also one of the most useful units in the game.

  10. #2590
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,822
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    The free character is immediate and gives you mats to Ascend right away to Max L40 if you have the books to do so; that's pretty nice for low level accounts.

  11. #2591
    Queen of the Pity Party
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    11,743
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by RalphTheDwarf View Post
    Trying to max out stamina before the update hits, sitting around 220 or so. I think I'm about at the point where I can start investing in characters outside the main 4 I'm using, but probably going to wait until update hits to see what's worth working on.

    My team now includes Lisa, Kaeya, Bennett, Barbara, Amber, Kirara, Dori, Diona, Xiangling, Yun Jin, Collei, Layla, Mika (I have no 5* and I must scream). Using a pretty mediocre hyperbloom team of MC, Bennett, Barbara, and Lisa. Are any of these other characters I have able to make a decent team?
    that hyperbloom team is probably the best you can do for now. you really need a Xingqiu as mentioned

  12. #2592
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    328
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    I picked up the free character, would have really made exploring last night a bit easier since I had to switch MC between geo and anemo for exploration. Explored the new region a bit and mostly ignored story. I didn't do any pulls, was waiting to see the reviews on if I should do so, haven't done any since I failed the Yae banner. What are some of the better youtube channels for genshin content? Looks like it's time to trim out some of the dead minecraft channels from my subscription lists and add some genshin ones.

  13. #2593
    Queen of the Pity Party
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    11,743
    BG Level
    9

    IWinToLoseGaming and Gacha Gamer are my two favorites. IWinToLose is very well-known and respected and has some of the best information on who to pull and why.

  14. #2594
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,853
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    IWinToLoseGaming and Gacha Gamer are my two favorites. IWinToLose is very well-known and respected and has some of the best information on who to pull and why.
    Yeah, these should set you up fine. There's a couple more I sometimes stumble upon, but they're pretty much providing similar/close information to these two.

  15. #2595
    a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    25,986
    BG Level
    10

    Xlice and Zy0x are also pretty good for character information.

    I wouldn't pull for Lyney as he's a bit niche as a Pyro character that can't really Vaporize (because he needs the enemy to be afflicted with Pyro for his passive to work), but Yelan is one of the stronger characters in the game and worth considering. The two characters they drip fed yesterday for 4.1 look interesting-ish for more established players, but for a newer player like you I think you'd be better off with established characters like Yelan, Nahida, Kazuha (and the various original 4*s already mentioned).

  16. #2596
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,853
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    My Genshin experience could be separated into pre-Nahida and post-Nahida eras, the difference was just that big, so I'd definitely agree that she's worth getting as soon as possible.

  17. #2597
    Queen of the Pity Party
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    11,743
    BG Level
    9

    I would say as of 4.0 we have four or five top tier characters that are just head and shoulders above the rest. Note that none of these are DPS characters; all you really need is one DPS but supports can easily fuel a wide number of different DPS each.

    - Bennet. Best character in the game. Survivability and power all in one package. Any team that is Bennet + Atk-based DPS can just slot in two more random party members and be viable.
    - Zhongli. He makes your party invincible and negates dodging. I rarely use him but it's so convenient when I just want to hit things and not think.
    - Kazuha. He makes any PECH (pyro, electro, cryo, hydro) character just deal a ton more damage while offering insane crowd control and VV.
    - Nahida. Newest addition to the uber-roster. Her dendro application just makes so many teams smoother and stronger.

    honorable mention:
    - Xingqiu/Yelan. Having either one of these is fine and Xingqiu is essentially "free" from the shop. Not quite in the same tier as the previous four, but still a league above the rest of the cast. Off-field hydro application enables bloom variants, vaporize, and freeze - it's super useful to have one of these two.

    Just my thoughts after playing the game for three years. There are a ton of useful characters in this game but those supports are so useful and cover such a wide variety of situations that I consider them in a unique tier of their own. If you have some or all of these, you can generally pick and choose the other characters you want to use and your party will be just fine.

  18. #2598
    a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    25,986
    BG Level
    10

    While I still think Zhongli is amazing (and I pray we get some more good Geo constructs to abuse his pillar pulsing with in the future), I'd say he's really only a must-pull if you like Bow characters.

    With the introduction of Dendro/Bloom reactions I also think I'd add Kokomi to that group. Being a character that can both heal and apply Hydro from off-field makes her very good in a variety of Dendro and Freeze teams, often doing the job of two characters on her own.

    The highest priority for any newer player should definitely be Nahida, and then Kazuha though. The two of them separately can be the core of so many teams that having them both means you can make almost anything work.

  19. #2599
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,853
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Did Chapter 1 today, I'll say Furina's design is pretty cool, but her personality is a pain in the ass, lol. Wonder if she'll redeem herself somewhat down the line

  20. #2600
    Hyperion Cross
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    8,919
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Any new weekly bosses in new 4.0 area?
    I've been at work all day and also am expected to be in office tomorrow so I can't fully check out until Friday.
    And what/where is this free char to claim? Sorry I would google/look but I'm sleeping as I need to travel into office early tomorrow haha, so going to bed, am tired!

    Don't care about anything else for now.

Page 130 of 153 FirstFirst ... 80 120 128 129 130 131 132 140 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 2024-10-22, 16:17
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 2022-10-28, 11:05
  3. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 2021-08-26, 16:05
  4. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 2021-08-18, 14:14
  5. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 2020-09-29, 15:53
  6. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2019-12-31, 12:09
  7. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2018-04-18, 21:04