Page 11 of 151 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 3008
  1. #201
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,864
    BG Level
    10

    Glad Bernie is forcefully defending M4A as BETTER insurance than anything (even union members) currently have.

  2. #202
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    18,369
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    I still really just want the choice to keep my health insurance even if right now it is annoying.

  3. #203
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,864
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    I still really just want the choice to keep my health insurance even if right now it is annoying.
    why

    would you choose one with a smaller network, more out of pocket expenses and less coverage? It's a damn financial product, it's like saying "I want a lower interest rate on my checking account!"

  4. #204
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    18,369
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    why

    would you choose one with a smaller network, more out of pocket expenses and less coverage? It's a damn financial product, it's like saying "I want a lower interest rate on my checking account!"
    Mainly because I have zero faith, whatsoever, no matter how much you want to cite Warren's proposals, that it'll be done right at the start and I'm not interested in being part of the test case.

  5. #205
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,864
    BG Level
    10

  6. #206
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,864
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    Mainly because I have zero faith, whatsoever, no matter how much you want to cite Warren's proposals, that it'll be done right at the start and I'm not interested in being part of the test case.
    Does the 50+ years of successful federal Medicare/Medicaid administration and the overwhelming support of people who use those plans mean that little?

  7. #207

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    21,994
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    Don't wanna lose that business vote.
    or they look at the available data and see universal healthcare systems that keep room for private insurance a la Germany France and Sweden generally outperform those that don't / they care about the freedom to choose and we don't need a jejune infantilization of all policy clashes into morality vs corruption

  8. #208
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    18,369
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    Does the 50+ years of successful federal Medicare/Medicaid administration and the overwhelming support of people who use those plans mean that little?
    Yes

  9. #209

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    21,994
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    truly the format is terrible and 10 candidates is far too many

  10. #210
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,864
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    or they look at the available data and see universal healthcare systems that keep room for private insurance a la Germany France and Sweden generally outperform those that don't / care about the freedom to choose and we don't need a jejune infantilization of all policy clashes into morality vs corruption
    Nobody pitching to keep employer-based insurance are pushing for all-payer rate setting for those plans, like all those countries have. Without APRS you clearly establish a two-tiered system with providers highly incentivized to abandon the lower tier.

  11. #211
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    18,369
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    The camera work feels scummy. Like, I don't actually want to hear from her, but Marianne has been on screen for like 17 seconds. She got that one question. They dont show her reactions, they dont pan the stage.

    Really feels like they're trying to make you forget that the people aside from the front runners dont exist.

  12. #212
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,864
    BG Level
    10

    Wow, just totally ignoring the Wisconsin mass shooting this weekend.

    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/shootin...ay-2019-07-29/

  13. #213
    The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    29,765
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

    Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    Nobody pitching to keep employer-based insurance are pushing for all-payer rate setting for those plans, like all those countries have. Without APRS you clearly establish a two-tiered system with providers highly incentivized to abandon the lower tier.
    Even with reimbursements being absolute shit, especially for mid-level providers that serve rural populations, it'll be incredibly difficult for providers to abandon ship without doing some very creative things to generate income. There's just not enough *sick* people on private insurance. I know a few providers that have moved to 100% concierge care. That's quite interesting.

  14. #214
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,864
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    Even with reimbursements being absolute shit, especially for mid-level providers that serve rural populations, it'll be incredibly difficult for providers to abandon ship without doing some very creative things to generate income.
    Remember that providers get higher reimbursements than they get from Medicaid, and they have far lower administrative expenses without having to bill 10 different insurance companies and will no longer have charity/indigent care - everything will be reimbursed.

  15. #215
    The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    29,765
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

    Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    Remember that providers get higher reimbursements than they get from Medicaid, and they have far lower administrative expenses without having to bill 10 different insurance companies and will no longer have charity/indigent care - everything will be reimbursed.
    That would be the case with single payer, yeah, but I was talking about being disincentivized in a buy-in scenario.

  16. #216
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,864
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    That would be the case with single payer, yeah, but I was talking about being disincentivized in a buy-in scenario.
    Ah yeah - lower population density areas kinda have to take what they can get, not enough patients to successfully differentiate.

  17. #217

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    21,994
    BG Level
    10

    it's all been worth it for that throw your hands up moment a combined 130 years of human acting like children mwah

  18. #218
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,864
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    it's all been worth it for that throw your hands up moment a combined 130 years of human acting like children mwah
    watching on my work's horrific internet connection, what was this?

  19. #219
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    18,369
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Yeah Marianne just does not exist.

  20. #220
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,864
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    Yeah Marianne just does not exist.
    just laughing watching you process "what if this happens to Yang again tomorrow?"

Page 11 of 151 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 2020 Democratic Primary Clown Car Special: 560 days of this bullshit.
    By Fiye in forum Politics: Advanced Shitposting
    Replies: 3023
    Last Post: 2019-07-05, 15:01