Page 14 of 151 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 3008
  1. #261

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    21,994
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    MA has shown that a hybrid can work.
    also, you know, the best healthcare systems in the world have all shown that.

    Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    tl;dr I think not being willing to move on removing the private healthcare option is going to kill a lot of support for W/S.
    there ain't much thought to it, universal healthcare by means of a public option is extremely popular, a M4A system that eliminates private insurance is quite unpopular. among independents the split is a massive 70%/39%.

  2. #262
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,867
    BG Level
    10

    AG, why do you think it's better to have a hybrid insurance system to a single insurance system that covers everything? The only upside I can see is that it's better for rich people at the direct expense of poor people.

  3. #263
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,867
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by guartz View Post
    I don't understand why the democrats are still pandering to the twitter progressives, they are a very small voting base. I mean I get twitter is how journalists get their stories now, but somebody in the DNC has got to be looking at the practical numbers right? Abolishing ICE, open borders, political correctness, everything is racist, etc that scares the shit out of everybody outside the twitter far left.
    This is basically Matt Yglesias's argument - that Dems should campaign on the progressive stuff that is popular (public option, $15 minimum wage, wealth tax to finance free college and childcare, "Green New Deal" (defined as spending money on renewables, basically)) and not the stuff that is unpopular (Abolish ICE, decriminalize border crossing, reparations, outlaw private insurance). From a savvy campaigner prospective he's probably right, and Biden and Harris are probably the two candidates who are going to be the closest to going for this strategy.

    https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...-decriminalize

  4. #264
    TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,972
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    AG, why do you think it's better to have a hybrid insurance system to a single insurance system that covers everything? The only upside I can see is that it's better for rich people at the direct expense of poor people.
    ah I actually talk to a lot of people in my line of work, from ironworkers, physicists, government officials to corporate tie shills and when the topic comes up the fear is that single insurance provider might be shit, like if comcast was the only way to get tv or internet and people just want options to have something else.

  5. #265

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    21,994
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    AG, why do you think it's better to have a hybrid insurance system to a single insurance system that covers everything?
    France, mostly

  6. #266
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,867
    BG Level
    10

    Yes, I can understand the apprehension if it wasn't better than any other insurance in history.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

  7. #267
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,867
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    France, mostly
    Feel free to elaborate.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

  8. #268

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    21,994
    BG Level
    10

    evidence, mostly

  9. #269
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,867
    BG Level
    10

    Neat.

    Ok does anyone else want to strawman M4A or make no real arguments for other systems?

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

  10. #270
    Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    18,834
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by guartz View Post
    I don't understand why the democrats are still pandering to the twitter progressives, they are a very small voting base. I mean I get twitter is how journalists get their stories now, but somebody in the DNC has got to be looking at the practical numbers right? Abolishing ICE, open borders, political correctness, everything is racist, etc that scares the shit out of everybody outside the twitter far left.
    Your ideas should walk into traffic.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

  11. #271
    Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    18,834
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by guartz View Post
    ah I actually talk to a lot of people in my line of work, from ironworkers, physicists, government officials to corporate tie shills and when the topic comes up the fear is that single insurance provider might be shit, like if comcast was the only way to get tv or internet and people just want options to have something else.
    I'm not entirely sure where this fear comes from. Is the worry that somehow public insurance will make doctors worse at their jobs? Seriously, I'm interested to know. Or that Medicare for All will only end up covering the costs of sub-standard medical care?

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

  12. #272

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    21,994
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    Neat.

    Ok does anyone else want to strawman M4A or make no real arguments for other systems?

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    we've had this conversation multiple times before and you've never refuted the foreign models i point to as exemplars, instead noting all-payer rate setting is more important than abolishing private health insurance, and performing eat the rich fearmongering, repetition. but if you feel the urge~

    France is rated by the WHO as the most efficient healthcare system in the world. it is a hybrid system. we should model ours after theirs because it is the best. fin.

  13. #273

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    21,994
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    I'm not entirely sure where this fear comes from. Is the worry that somehow public insurance will make doctors worse at their jobs? Seriously, I'm interested to know. Or that Medicare for All will only end up covering the costs of sub-standard medical care?

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    prolly because there is an instinctual understanding buttressed by millennia of evidence that monopolies are middens of inefficiency that deliver subpar goods and services at exaggerated prices and this axiom extends to government monopolies.

  14. #274
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    4,918
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    I'm not entirely sure where this fear comes from. Is the worry that somehow public insurance will make doctors worse at their jobs? Seriously, I'm interested to know. Or that Medicare for All will only end up covering the costs of sub-standard medical care?

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    From my understanding there are a lot, and by a lot I mean most, of the funding and budgets for this actual plan still unsolved. The projections I’m familiar with projected that spending on health care would increase by a minimum of $2 Trillion. We’re already operating at a $1T deficit. Where will this money come from? And if it doesn’t? Pay for doctors will decrease across the board if it’s government funded. There’s less incentive to be the best in your field because there’s no way to attract the higher paid demographic. This leads to less people exiting the efforts they would normally exhibit to acquire greater compensation. This is the same type of system that public education suffers from. I think this is where a lot of people are coming from.

  15. #275
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    4,918
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    Your ideas should walk into traffic.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

    This type of attitude will not favor your parties 2020 aspirations :/

  16. #276
    Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    18,834
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    prolly because there is an instinctual understanding buttressed by millennia of evidence that monopolies are middens of inefficiency that deliver subpar goods and services at exaggerated prices and this axiom extends to government monopolies.
    I guess but the monopoly isn't on care, it's on paying for it?

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

  17. #277
    Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    18,834
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Mythe_Seraph View Post
    This type of attitude will not favor your parties 2020 aspirations :/
    I don't give a shit about that.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

  18. #278
    Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    18,834
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Mythe_Seraph View Post
    From my understanding there are a lot, and by a lot I mean most, of the funding and budgets for this actual plan still unsolved. The projections I’m familiar with projected that spending on health care would increase by a minimum of $2 Trillion. We’re already operating at a $1T deficit. Where will this money come from? And if it doesn’t? Pay for doctors will decrease across the board if it’s government funded. There’s less incentive to be the best in your field because there’s no way to attract the higher paid demographic. This leads to less people exiting the efforts they would normally exhibit to acquire greater compensation. This is the same type of system that public education suffers from. I think this is where a lot of people are coming from.
    I still don't get it. I'm not trying to be difficult here, but if we're talking about M4A straight up then ok, but any system with both a public and private option is going to both address all the concerns you're listing and make sure no one goes without medical care.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

  19. #279
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,867
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    I guess but the monopoly isn't on care, it's on paying for it?

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Feds would be a monopoly buyer, odd that AG doesn't understand how that's different from being a monopoly seller.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

  20. #280
    Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    18,834
    BG Level
    9

    I never bet on AG not understanding something, just on him prescribing impenetrable Russian literature rather than addressing it.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Page 14 of 151 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 2020 Democratic Primary Clown Car Special: 560 days of this bullshit.
    By Fiye in forum Politics: Advanced Shitposting
    Replies: 3023
    Last Post: 2019-07-05, 15:01