Page 177 of 234 FirstFirst ... 127 167 175 176 177 178 179 187 227 ... LastLast
Results 3521 to 3540 of 4680
  1. #3521
    Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    18,834
    BG Level
    9

    I loved all the things you just said you hated.

    You could also avoid leveling up altogether with Diabolos's auto-flee ability and instead just junction spells to your stats and get completely overpowered for enemies trapped at level 10 because you won't grind.

    Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

  2. #3522
    preachy and pretentious
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,801
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    idk dude. ff8's plot was basically alzheimer's the game and I am not sure I can get behind that being better than any ff.
    When they compare 7 and 8, it's like playing which turd is better.

  3. #3523
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    32,101
    BG Level
    10

    FF8 had one of the best battle systems in the series, for a turned based rpg. Tactics excluded.

    Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

  4. #3524
    Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    8,970
    BG Level
    8

    Teenage me got through all of FF8 Disc 1 without knowing anything about junctioning or learning about how to learn stuff from GFs. Still got to disc 3 by basically playing a party of shitty black mages that won through attrition. I promptly quit when I hit the "You're all from the same orphanage" part and didn't touch it for the remainder of my Blockbuster rental time.

    I never finished the game and, to this day, consider it the worst FF I have ever played.

  5. #3525
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,867
    BG Level
    10

    I don't think I ever finished the first disc of FF8.

    9 is great though.

  6. #3526

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    24,306
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    FF8 Remastered is actually a lot of fun with fast forward mode and the other QOL improvements they give it. Definitely worth playing through but the story is still garbage.

  7. #3527
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,867
    BG Level
    10

    I just don't know if I could enjoy the game not drawing to 99 to max shit out

    And I know I won't enjoy doing that

  8. #3528
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    32,101
    BG Level
    10

    It's actually easy to do that with the speed boost on the remaster. Playing thru it on gamepass, and with that plus quick loading it's been easy to farm magic and cards.

    Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

  9. #3529
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,867
    BG Level
    10

    Hmm

  10. #3530
    Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    18,834
    BG Level
    9

    It took me 3 tries to play FF8 because there's a huuuuuge dead spot in the game. Right after the Garden battle where there's buildings crashing into each other and motorcycle soldiers leaping off of shit and giant monsters running around, there's this long stretch where NOTHING happens. I gave up twice because it was such a jarring pacing misfire that I couldn't get over it. The third time I powered through and seriously loved the game.

  11. #3531
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    32,101
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    It took me 3 tries to play FF8 because there's a huuuuuge dead spot in the game. Right after the Garden battle where there's buildings crashing into each other and motorcycle soldiers leaping off of shit and giant monsters running around, there's this long stretch where NOTHING happens. I gave up twice because it was such a jarring pacing misfire that I couldn't get over it. The third time I powered through and seriously loved the game.
    Yeah this is around the 3rd disk before Ester right? That's kinda a lull in the game moreso cause the map opens up and there's so much side shit you can take part in. If you do things as they come up then this part doesn't seem as daunting but if you've been mainlining it to this point you can pretty much just get lost doing a myraid of side nonsense.

    Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

  12. #3532

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    24,306
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    And if you play it with the mindset of today’s modern games and try to put off the side content till the end you are gonna have a bad time cause disc 4 cuts you off from pretty much the rest of the game

  13. #3533
    You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    22,830
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

    I actually never beat it because two times I tried and got to that spaceship part and got stuck being unable to kill the boss in there and being unable to get off and see if I could get better weapons or ANYTHING to help.

    The worst was the first time through I figured I just needed to lvl up and spent hours farming those great/red ant things not t knowing that made things worse.


    God that game is such shit.

  14. #3534
    You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    22,830
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

    Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    FF8 had one of the best battle systems in the series, for a turned based rpg. Tactics excluded.

    Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

    Ffx-2 has the best battle system. Too bad everything else about it was terrible making square not realize how good it was.

  15. #3535
    You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    22,830
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes View Post
    When they compare 7 and 8, it's like playing which turd is better.
    Really most modern ff games (ps1 and onward) have had pretty bad storylines. Ff15 was probably the “best” until you got to the second half and they acted like they ran out of money and rushed everything throwing in stuff that didn’t make sense.

    Ff9 gets a pass because it literally was an ff flashback game so the story went back to the old ff-style with a little Cloud thrown in there.

  16. #3536

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    21,994
    BG Level
    10

    7 has a great story and if you don't like it you can kiss my grits

  17. #3537
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    32,101
    BG Level
    10

    FF8 battle system is great but yeah it expects you to have better tools to fight with as you level up, so while the mobs are level for level a little more challenging, you should be outleveling the mobs to make it "easier" overall, assuming you keep up with junctioning.

    Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

  18. #3538
    You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    22,830
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    7 has a great story and if you don't like it you can kiss my grits
    Nostalgia me absolutely loved FF7's story. Modern day me kinda can't stand the whole clone plot stuff.

  19. #3539
    AoE
    AoE is offline
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    7,117
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    next this mf gonna say shinji was justified in being an emo faggot
    Tell me what didn't make sense about his behavior?

  20. #3540
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    32,101
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by AoE View Post
    Tell me what didn't make sense about his behavior?
    I want this thread to be about examining Shinji now

    Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Page 177 of 234 FirstFirst ... 127 167 175 176 177 178 179 187 227 ... LastLast