Page 45 of 234 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 95 ... LastLast
Results 881 to 900 of 4680
  1. #881
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    32,107
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes View Post
    No matter when it shows up in the meal, with or without ice cream or custard, it's shit.
    Fucking LOL

    So true, so true

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

  2. #882
    I like to eat food
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    9,064
    BG Level
    8

    Are you talking about bread pudding?

  3. #883
    I like to eat food
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    9,064
    BG Level
    8

    Yorkshire pudding:


    Bread pudding:

  4. #884
    I like to eat food
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    9,064
    BG Level
    8

    Yorkshire pudding is like an egg pancake batter with the fat being the drippings from a rib roast. It's served along side the roast as your starch. I've never seen or heard of anyone putting ice cream or custard on it.

    Bread pudding is a dessert that is torn pieces of bread soaked in a sweet mixture of milk and other flavorings (chocolate, hazelnut, vanilla, whatever), baked in a ramekin or other dish, and is served with whipped cream or ice cream. I can also see someone serving it with custard.

  5. #885
    preachy and pretentious
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,801
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    Are you talking about bread pudding?
    I live in the UK, which do you think I mean?

  6. #886
    I like to eat food
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    9,064
    BG Level
    8

    It could honestly be either. They're both big in the UK.

    Like I said, I've never seen of heard of anyone putting ice cream or custard on Yorkshire pudding as it is a savory dish made as a side for roasts and it's sending me for a loop. It was one of my grandfather's favorite things with Christmas dinner, and he never mentioned putting anything on it at all, let alone anything sweet. He was from Ireland, lived in London for a time before/during/after WW2, and then moved to the US.

  7. #887
    preachy and pretentious
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,801
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    I'm saying everyone in the UK knows the difference.

  8. #888
    I like to eat food
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    9,064
    BG Level
    8

    And they still make it with the drippings of the roast?

    I dunno how I feel about that.

  9. #889
    preachy and pretentious
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,801
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    It comes with gravy mostly if it's with a meal. Custard or ice cream if desert.

  10. #890
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    32,107
    BG Level
    10

    If you've watched the greatest baking show youd know the difference

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

  11. #891
    Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    28,617
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

    I need to check in with my cousin, because I've never heard my Nana mention it as a dessert, nor her family whenever they would fly out to visit.

  12. #892
    You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    22,830
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

    My parents basically sucked at cooking growing up. Dad burnt everything, mom mostly did pasta.

    I ate a lot of frozen pizzas growing up.

    It's been a huge learning curve to get to being a "good cook."

    My husband was never allowed in the kitchen growing up either and used to only know how to microwave food.

    He's been impressing me, lately, though. I have to take the kids to violin lessons on Tuesdays, and he cooks dinner that day. He's made some really good stuff as he's trying to get better.


    Semi-offtopic: If you know someone who loves to cook, my all-time favorite person for Korean recipes is coming out with a new cookbook:

    https://www.amazon.com/Maangchis-Big...language=en_US

    Her shit is delicious and authentic. Great Xmas gift for someone.

  13. #893
    I like to eat food
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    9,064
    BG Level
    8

    Yeah that's weird. Gravy is one thing, but custard or ice cream does not sound good to me.

    Greatest Baking Show = Great British Baking Show/Bake Off? We've watched everything sans the episode that is/was released today. Not where I learned about either bread pudding or Yorkshire pudding.

    Have they ever done Yorkshire pudding on GBBO?

  14. #894
    I like to eat food
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    9,064
    BG Level
    8

    This is a good one too. Minimalist Baker's Everyday Cooking Fairly simple dishes, but really tasty. I recently made the Garam Masala & Chickpea Curry as well as the Quinoa & Chickpea Thai "Meatballs." Both were great, the baby even liked the curry despite it having spice to it. Not hot by my standards, but she's only 7 months so I was a little worried about it.

  15. #895
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    32,107
    BG Level
    10

    Man I really feel for yall who have parents that couldnt cook, especially the ones with kids trying to pass on microwave skills lol. So thankful that my family can cook.

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

  16. #896
    preachy and pretentious
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,801
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    Yeah that's weird. Gravy is one thing, but custard or ice cream does not sound good to me.

    Greatest Baking Show = Great British Baking Show/Bake Off? We've watched everything sans the episode that is/was released today. Not where I learned about either bread pudding or Yorkshire pudding.

    Have they ever done Yorkshire pudding on GBBO?
    Bake off > show

  17. #897
    I like to eat food
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    9,064
    BG Level
    8

    I thought they were the same thing, just different title depending on if you were in the UK or outside it.

  18. #898
    preachy and pretentious
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,801
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    They are, I'm being facetious.

  19. #899
    I like to eat food
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    9,064
    BG Level
    8

    Fuck you then, sir.

  20. #900
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    51,582
    BG Level
    10

    Cardboard straws are fucking terrible. The environment should just take a hit on this one.

Page 45 of 234 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 95 ... LastLast