Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 68 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 1342

Thread: Time for FFXI "Classic"?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #201
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    7,158
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Well I've been playing since practically day one and the game still feels the same to me aside from the population. I don't see a difference in content and approach to it, it is really much of the same including Dynamis lol. I can't understand when people use the "it is practically a different game." Almost all the same systems are in place that was there during 75 days.
    You can currently go into Dynamis anytime for free and solo everything while competing with others who are also in the zone doing the same thing.

    How...how is that the same? The very thing that made XI what it was to us back then, the absolute reliance on having a linkshell full of competent people to overcome challenging endgame fights with, is no longer necessary for 90% of content in the game. Being able to solo your way to level cap and then to most of the gear you require is just...not the same game anymore. Somebody can't join XI and have the same experience they did in 2006, or 2008. This is what "classic" would bring back. The need to be good at the game instead of braindead blowing through things with trusts. The need to socialize instead of soloing. The need to climb by getting decent gear, then getting better gear, and so on. Hell, even the drama that comes with there being limited resources that ls have to fight over. There may be a few things in XI that still require that but anyone looking to go back and do the shit they used to do with their ls will find themselves sorely disappointed.

  2. #202
    i should really shut up
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,638
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by D44kpunk View Post
    In modern ffxi smn burn is optimal on basically everything. Obviously other jobs can clear stuff but that's just because it's easy
    Not, it isn't.

    Yes, other jobs can, and it isn't because the game is "easier". It is more inclusive, but you refuse to accept that as a positive.

    Quote Originally Posted by D44kpunk View Post
    Half the content, no development staff, no support staff. Place a GM call and let me know when you get a response. Not sure why I have to keep re iterating my main complaints with the game. You're playing something that is completely abandoned
    The crying, good grief. This game is over 17 years old, discontinued on all but PC, ended major content updates, and you are upset with about staffing and GMs? When is a GM seriously even needed? They took hours to respond back at level 75 too. Do you really think SE would hire more GMs to police a classic server?

    All games die, and the fact this one is still around is a testament to itself. What do you seriously expect?

    Half the content? As in what? What half? There is more overall content now than at 75. Just because most players don't need to enter Vagary after they unlock their empyrean +1 doesn't mean that content isn't in existence and still tied to other important things in the game.

    Quote Originally Posted by D44kpunk View Post
    My argument is that if they released classic ffxi and did the same release plan wow classic is doing, it would do well or better than retail ffxi, for the same reasons it did better than retail ffxi 15 years ago. There was actual content being released.
    WoW and XI's populations and the support for each game are drastically different. The same goes for their histories and why one has more players than the other. Which can not be boiled down simply to "content". You really need to stop comparing the two out of sheer desperation for a leg to stand on to validate your views.

    A classic XI server is not a viable business model that will only fail before retail does. Who wants to play an XI with no updates ever again? This is like watching that guy who constantly posts to join his Ballista LS.

  3. #203
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    533
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    There's a new ilevel Dynamis that is closer to the first iteration with 60hr lockout, tough enemies, rare armor upgrade drops, currency for upgrading, etc. Also, lol at still thinking GEO and SMN reign supreme when SE keeps giving new NMs geomancy potency resistance and repeated BP/WS resistance. RDMs, BRDs, and CORs are pretty good for buffs and debuffs similar to 75 days, with whms needed if debuffs or damage are too much.

  4. #204
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,876
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

    Ahh down to 87.5k from 88.2k this morning.

    Those free month mules falling off is glorious

  5. #205
    i should really shut up
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,638
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by D44kpunk View Post
    Ahh down to 87.5k from 88.2k this morning.

    Those free month mules falling off is glorious
    Woah there, save those tissues for your nose, big boy.

  6. #206
    S N K
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,658
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by D44kpunk View Post
    I'm so curious what level of delusion you have to be to be the idiots in this thread arguing "LOL CURRENT FFXI IS EXACTLY LIKE 75 ERA".

    First of all that makes absolutely no sense in the context of you arguing that modern day ffxi is better then by that standard. absolutely delusional. in the 75 era you were getting faster content, there were more players, servers not named asura actually had an economy, there were way more unknowns and the game wasn't 99% bots and endgame wasn't 99% react. several people in this thread, including myself who has been around since the beginning, have said they have played both ffxi in the modern era and the 75 era and they enjoyed the 75 era. I've listed the differences is content, the differences in gameplay are obvious. modern day ffxi also lacks any form of competition or completionism. It also lacks staff/updates/content.



    this, ladies and gentlemen is fixation. it's also delusion. this child lives in a world where other people can't like things he didn't enjoy. absolutely boggling. spicy and LoH shitting up asura yell with the same rhetoric they are pushing here. the level of insecurity you must have.. good lord.

    for further reference, the reason LoH didn't like king camping is because he was not invited to king camping. no linkshell that did endgame would have him because he was a giant asshole, seems not much has changed.

    edit: would like to edit in here that I find it hilarious that LoH thinks one of the problems in the game is the "merc-culture" while being a merc. merc-culture is also only a problem in every game if there is not enough content. groups start selling clears or gear once they are capped out
    To be fair I loved King camping because you only had to pay attention to shit most of the time for 1 minute before you could fuck off and go do something else.

    Also I'll say it again. I had fun with 75 era FFXI but I wouldn't go back to it. There's way too many good quality of life things in FFXI now that I wouldn't want to give up. Home Point Teleportation being the big one.

  7. #207
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,666
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    You can currently go into Dynamis anytime for free and solo everything while competing with others who are also in the zone doing the same thing.

    How...how is that the same? The very thing that made XI what it was to us back then, the absolute reliance on having a linkshell full of competent people to overcome challenging endgame fights with, is no longer necessary for 90% of content in the game. Being able to solo your way to level cap and then to most of the gear you require is just...not the same game anymore. Somebody can't join XI and have the same experience they did in 2006, or 2008. This is what "classic" would bring back. The need to be good at the game instead of braindead blowing through things with trusts. The need to socialize instead of soloing. The need to climb by getting decent gear, then getting better gear, and so on. Hell, even the drama that comes with there being limited resources that ls have to fight over. There may be a few things in XI that still require that but anyone looking to go back and do the shit they used to do with their ls will find themselves sorely disappointed.
    I don't think you acquired good gear in your time in current XI, because you cannot solo your way to good gear without Avesta-tier moves. If you don't buy from a merc, the gear farming required to go from "starter 119" to "able to do wave 3" is DRASTICALLY more of a grind than at 75 cap. This is why I say people who talk down on current XI clearly aren't up to date on what it's like, because it's very obvious you didn't get through any content in current XI. You cannot solo Sinister Reign if you don't have any of the gear from SR and beyond. You might be able to solo some of t1 Escha-Zitah, but basically the whole list of what content has been released in the last 4 years of XI is not possible to simply solo with trusts by a fresh player.

  8. #208
    i should really shut up
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,638
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    IMO, Dynamis Divergence is much better of an event than Dynamis or especial Neo-Dynamis anyway.

  9. #209
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,666
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    IMO, Dynamis Divergence is much better of an event than Dynamis or especial Neo-Dynamis anyway.
    I fully agree. It's actually like a lot of the difference between 75 and now. I feel like I can actually make significant changes to configuration and playstyle and see significant results because of it. 75 Dynamis we mostly just threw bodies at it and when things like Mijin, AOE charm and Astral Flow happened they just happened and you prayed. Now you can debuff the ninja, or burn through it (and stun like the old days), you can use a MDT set to survive astral flow and charm is single target and thus enmity control saves you from that. That's what I love about current XI, I actually feel like my choices and planning matters these days. And that's always something I liked conceptually in 75, but the degree at which it's possible today makes it feel as though that wasn't even truly possible at 75.

  10. #210
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,876
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

    probably because in 2019 you play 4 characters with bots and addons that play the game for you, in 2006 you played a gimp thf that claimed he could out parse everyone and screamed "botters" at the top of your lungs, when showed proof of otherwise you would blacklist people.

    you're truly a bastion of how far people can come

  11. #211
    i should really shut up
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,638
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    So essentially..

    Quote Originally Posted by D44kpunk View Post
    Again if you have nothing to add, please exit. You're both nobodies so your slights against me mean nothing (am I doing this right?)

  12. #212
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,666
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by D44kpunk View Post
    probably because in 2019 you play 4 characters with bots and addons that play the game for you, in 2006 you played a gimp thf that claimed he could out parse everyone and screamed "botters" at the top of your lungs, when showed proof of otherwise you would blacklist people.

    you're truly a bastion of how far people can come
    I love when people just make up things. I've never played 4 characters, I have 3, and I haven't even had the 3rd for a year. I have no bot, I've used cureplease in the past, but it doesn't work on my new SSD, so everything is entirely through send. The most I have is lua's that keep stoneskin/phalanx/haste on themselves and the geo automatically does indi+geo, I send commands for all debuffs, all nukes, all cures.

    And my THF did outparse mostly everyone. I'm pretty sure the release of the MrArgus list showed just about everyone was a botter, and I practically never blacklist people and never have, I prefer to have an open line of communication. Hence why while I always had massive ideological difference with you and Vanhelios (or Omfg before any of his bans) all your tells always got through to me. So you're wrong on just about every point, and only mildly correct at best on one or two things. Which is fairly normal for you.

  13. #213
    i should really shut up
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,638
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Don't worry about him trying to make up personal things about you. Punk claimed to have sources that "knew me well". Saying that I started 3 years after I had stated, and that I had no level 75 in those 3 years so my opinion doesn't count against his. He might as well have said you are an RMT with an army of bots, it makes no difference.
    Its like how Azzriel pushed that I "am a pedo" thing in yell. Maybe Punk just really believes the lies, just like he believes his made up numbers.

  14. #214
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,876
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

    Quote Originally Posted by Kanriel View Post
    I love when people just make up things. I've never played 4 characters, I have 3, and I haven't even had the 3rd for a year. I have no bot, I've used cureplease in the past, but it doesn't work on my new SSD, so everything is entirely through send. The most I have is lua's that keep stoneskin/phalanx/haste on themselves and the geo automatically does indi+geo, I send commands for all debuffs, all nukes, all cures.

    And my THF did outparse mostly everyone. I'm pretty sure the release of the MrArgus list showed just about everyone was a botter, and I practically never blacklist people and never have, I prefer to have an open line of communication. Hence why while I always had massive ideological difference with you and Vanhelios (or Omfg before any of his bans) all your tells always got through to me. So you're wrong on just about every point, and only mildly correct at best on one or two things. Which is fairly normal for you.
    never spoke to you after i left yellowcake(a linkshell you were removed from), i don't know where you get this illusion of grandeur. just fyi i was a ps2 player for longer than i'd like to admit so i never really understood where your crazy conceptions came from. i'd be surprised if anyone else you mentioned remembers you either. your thf never outparsed anoyne, i remember a specific thread on KI where you claimed to have outparsed people on kirin, someone posted the parse and no one saw you on KI for a few weeks.

    spicy i was adding to the conversation, back then you felt like you weren't doing anything because you were playing 1 character now a days people play 3-4. although i kind of disagree as seeing myself cleave through dynamis mobs with my amano made me feel pretty powerful. not sure why you can't tell the difference between adding to the conversation and only shit slinging, if you read my post from the previous period this is shit slinging, you're an idiot. the rest was adding to the conversation.

    byrth made send, maybe he has something to add, but i would argue that it's just as bad as botting as far as SE would be concerned. you also admitted to using cureplease and just are technically inept to continue to use it. so you, someone who claims botting was worse in the 75 era and was adamantly against it, use 3rd party programs. but yet you don't think botting is worse now. a real had scratcher. on top of your admission that you add to the toxic merc culture, your stance on these things is pretty curious.

  15. #215
    i should really shut up
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,638
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    I still only play one character.

    Send is not nearly as "bad" as botting.

  16. #216
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,876
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

    iirc send is using IPC to send commands to other processes.

    what's a 3rd party program do?

  17. #217
    i should really shut up
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,638
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by D44kpunk View Post
    iirc send is using IPC to send commands to other processes.

    what's a 3rd party program do?
    Completely irrelevant.

  18. #218
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,666
    BG Level
    6

    Send is basically just a macro that you can use for another character. There's no automation there, and gearswap is vastly more on automation than send.

    I don't recall ever winning a Kirin parse. I never even did a melee Zerg Kirin, so I don't see how I would make such a claim. My biggest "brag" was outparsing Romanknights ridill warrior with my batardeau thf on a merit party.

    It's really impressive you remember claims I don't though.

    I was kicked from YC because I got into it with Kimo, the hot headed "you will do what I say" type of leader. It was an ohat run we were arguing about, and he got mad lol.

    My more successful time was in Ancient technique, as Changz was a nice, mature guy and I respected that. I was basically there until I quit.

    As for cureplease I attempt to not use it, as I dislike it from my age old dislike of botting. But times change, and people change, and that's certainly true for me. I also never said botting wasn't as bad now, just it's more in the open and still existed back then. But nowadays you can make an argument that a cure bot is a $13 customizable trust, since that's how the game works now. You have mentioned many times population is down, and my main playtime is overnight NA hours, so even less chance at finding too many to play with, hence why I have multiple characters.

    Also, the FFXI Shiva FB group had a throwback thread a month or so ago of people naming their characters, and people asked if they remembered me and got so many replies a friend actually linked me to it so I joined the group, lol. I do appreciate how in this thread you have both said I am famous, and no one remembers me, because as you always do, you just toss things out there that sound right for the moment.

  19. #219
    i should really shut up
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,638
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    No one in this thread is famous.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

  20. #220
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    7,158
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Kanriel View Post
    I don't think you acquired good gear in your time in current XI, because you cannot solo your way to good gear without Avesta-tier moves. If you don't buy from a merc, the gear farming required to go from "starter 119" to "able to do wave 3" is DRASTICALLY more of a grind than at 75 cap. This is why I say people who talk down on current XI clearly aren't up to date on what it's like, because it's very obvious you didn't get through any content in current XI. You cannot solo Sinister Reign if you don't have any of the gear from SR and beyond. You might be able to solo some of t1 Escha-Zitah, but basically the whole list of what content has been released in the last 4 years of XI is not possible to simply solo with trusts by a fresh player.
    Oh you're always generalizing my comments instead of reading them closely. You can absolutely level up entirely solo with trusts now, which is something that was not possible (or at least, very uncomfortable for most jobs) in the 75 era. You can absolutely solo content that was popular in the 75 era, both of which encompass what I was referring to as "coming back and doing the same shit you used to do with your ls". Not the new XI endgame content, but the old stuff that isn't a challenge anymore. This is supposed to be an argument for why classic might fly, and "going back and having the same or very similar experience to 2006-2010" is the argument I was making. Same content, same way of leveling, but as someone else said, endgame is already completely figured out so all you gotta do is enjoy the game and not stress too much about how to beat stuff. I really meant what I said by "come back and have the same experience they did in 2006, or 2008". It wasn't aimed at current XI but at what classic would be, old XI.

    Also I think Ambuscade was just starting out when I played XI last, messed around in that a bit and it was ok. I wasn't interested in playing current XI endgame more than a little, since I mostly went back for the story and to check out the Trust system.

Similar Threads

  1. what time is maintence for ffxi
    By Freazer in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2009-07-20, 10:13
  2. Best graphics card for FFXI?
    By Vinsent in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 2006-07-12, 17:04
  3. Time for another AV thread?
    By Rex in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 110
    Last Post: 2006-03-07, 23:13
  4. UDP/TCP or Port number for FFXI
    By Shinobi in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2006-02-03, 01:20
  5. About damn time for titan.... 56k grab a beer
    By Raddick in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2005-11-09, 19:42
  6. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 2005-08-08, 21:06
  7. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2004-09-17, 13:51