• Navigation
Page 64 of 91 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 74 ... LastLast
Results 1261 to 1280 of 1820
  1. #1261
    Been Here Longer Than you
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    35,886
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    nfl contracts aren't like nba contracts
    Could have just stopped here. A lot of NBA bench players make more than some NFL studs. A vast majority of NFL players would never voluntarily not play.

    Sounds like this was short lived. Do we know their list of "demands"? I'm not sure exactly what they are expecting to happen. It isn't like the NBA league officials or owners can prosecute any of these individuals or situations. I guess just funneling more money into their local communities as write-offs?

  2. #1262
    I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    39,742
    BG Level
    10

    i mean, it did bring more attention to the situation, whether anything comes of it or not (it won’t) DOESNT have to be the end game

    for the record my phone sometimes autocorrects both DOESNT and don’t to all caps so I left it there

  3. #1263
    I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    26,220
    BG Level
    10

    yeah they were just trying to bring attention to the situation nationally and globally, and spark conversation, which it did. you really can't do more than that

  4. #1264
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,886
    BG Level
    10

    Welt is going to dislike whatever the blacks are doing, there's no point in trying to reason with him.

  5. #1265

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    24,318
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Quote Originally Posted by Mertron View Post
    i mean, it did bring more attention to the situation, whether anything comes of it or not (it won’t) DOESNT have to be the end game

    for the record my phone sometimes autocorrects both DOESNT and don’t to all caps so I left it there
    At least it doesn’t autocorrect Nuggets to...ya know.

  6. #1266
    I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    39,742
    BG Level
    10

    the DONT is 100% me yelling at students, not sure what the doesn't comes from

  7. #1267
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,117
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    Welt is going to dislike whatever the blacks are doing, there's no point in trying to reason with him.
    man you meet all kinds of people on BG i guess

  8. #1268
    Been Here Longer Than you
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    35,886
    BG Level
    10

    Don't ever listen to Archi lol.

  9. #1269
    Brokage
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    20,324
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    https://sports.yahoo.com/inside-the-...050354990.html

    An excerpt from the article

    Michele Roberts, the executive director of the players union, asked to have the floor to speak about the financial ramifications of leaving Orlando.

    While she was going over the numbers, Clippers guard Patrick Beverley abruptly interrupted her, saying he disagreed with her logic, sources said. Roberts kindly reiterated that these were potential losses the players would suffer, and Beverley interrupted again.

    Roberts asked politely if she could continue with her point, and Beverley responded, “No, I pay your salary,” sources said.

    This caused an uproar with Paul, Haslem and others, who intervened and told Beverley that disrespect would not be tolerated, sources said.
    This is Michele Roberts



    Also

    Thursday morning’s players-only meeting lasted only 15 minutes, sources said. The walkout didn’t occur organically. But Paul, Iguodala, James, Jared Dudley and other veterans worked around the clock over the past two days to find a resolution.
    Praise Jared Dudley, he saved playoff basketball
    (That's his only mention in the entire article. At the very end lol)

  10. #1270
    Straight Ca$h Homie
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    10,942
    BG Level
    9

    Patrick Beverly!? Disruptive?! YOURE KIDDING


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #1271
    Straight Ca$h Homie
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    10,942
    BG Level
    9

    Also the “I pay your salary” line is some major Karen energy. No wonder everyone hates the clippers

  12. #1272
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,742
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    The Clippers are so unlikable it's incredible. They tick so many boxes too, there's something to hate for everyone.

    Between Pat Bev (himself), PG13 (paying off stripper for an abortion, twice demanding a trade within a year of a new contract), Lou Will (flopper), Harrell (just a little racist), and Kawhi (fucking the Spurs) there's someone to hate for everyone, and then they even have a Morris twin just to top it off.

  13. #1273

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    21,997
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Pat Bev (himself)
    lawlz

    i like Harrell and PG tho, and Kawhi is one of my favorite players.

  14. #1274
    Like a boss yo
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,852
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

    I would never wish any harm onto Kawhi despite him being a punk ass towards the Spurs..

    But I hope him and Uncle Dennis never get another a damn ring.

  15. #1275
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,742
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Games are back Saturday.

    Easier to read this statement from the NBA/NBPA then type up bullet points.

    https://twitter.com/TheNBPA/status/1...908678657?s=20

  16. #1276
    Straight Ca$h Homie
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    10,942
    BG Level
    9

    Say what you want, but if these requests of the players help sway the election (which seem reasonably likely), then I think everyone will look back at this moment as a major big brain move by the players

  17. #1277
    I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    39,742
    BG Level
    10

    how many teams own their own arena in basketball?

  18. #1278
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,742
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    I think the only teams that doesn't own their arena is the Clippers and Lakers

    Edit : I'm looking it up, add the Sixers. They used to all fall under the same corporate umbrella but not anymore.

  19. #1279
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    15,635
    BG Level
    9
    Blog Entries
    101

    I did a quick search, so this might be wrong, but I got nine teams.

    Twelve arenas are owned by government entities (city, county, etc).

    Five are owned by another unrelated company/group.

    And there were three I wasn't sure about (Houston, Atlanta, Milwaukee).

  20. #1280
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,886
    BG Level
    10

Page 64 of 91 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 74 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2239
    Last Post: 2019-06-15, 17:46
  2. Replies: 626
    Last Post: 2018-10-16, 16:27
  3. Replies: 558
    Last Post: 2014-10-23, 17:14
  4. Replies: 2986
    Last Post: 2014-10-05, 19:11
  5. Replies: 2422
    Last Post: 2014-07-31, 02:16
  6. Replies: 1980
    Last Post: 2014-06-22, 10:43
  7. 2010-2011 NBA Season Thread
    By Rhinox in forum Sports
    Replies: 7624
    Last Post: 2011-07-23, 22:08
  8. Replies: 740
    Last Post: 2009-01-24, 12:30