• Navigation
Page 37 of 144 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 87 ... LastLast
Results 721 to 740 of 2864
  1. #721
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,738
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Yeah Zeke got fucking paid

    https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-c...elliott-18952/

    Boys have an out in 2023 but that's after Zeke has already been paid 50 mil

  2. #722
    GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    25,823
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    after how badly the gurley, david johnson, lev bell, and zeke contracts have worked out so far, nobody is going to pay a rb a high paying long term deal ever again
    Ah but NFL owners are unfamiliar with "logic"

    It won't be the last time. The next great RB will convince his team he's different and special and immune to regression

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

  3. #723
    The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    32,666
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Yeah Zeke got fucking paid

    https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-c...elliott-18952/

    Boys have an out in 2023 but that's after Zeke has already been paid 50 mil
    Shit is he even 25 yet? I think he’ll earn that contract unless he gets arthritis in the knee

  4. #724
    I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    26,216
    BG Level
    10

    zeke has slowly but surely regressed every single year of his career. and with how people talk about his terrible work ethic and heavy drinking problem, i don't see him playing better than what he did on his vastly cheaper rookie contract.

    that's typically the argument against paying rbs. their best days are always in the first 3-4 years and it's such a plug and play position. give anybody the ball 300 times and they'll get you 1000 yards

  5. #725
    The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    29,767
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

    I saw the Dolphins signed Jordan Howard to a 2 year deal for 10 million...seemed like a good deal. Then I saw that the dude was just 25 years old? I feel like it's been a decade since he really showed out for Chicago. I hope he pans out, seems like a low risk get with some upside.

  6. #726
    Been Here Longer Than you
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    35,882
    BG Level
    10

    Jordan Howard is 25!?

  7. #727
    I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    26,216
    BG Level
    10

    i remember when i was playing him in fantasy and happy about it, so it makes sense, but damn if you guys aren't right about him feeling 35 lol

  8. #728
    Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    58,155
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

    Seattle signing Bruce Irvin

  9. #729
    The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    32,666
    BG Level
    10

    Last year was only his 4th in the league and he’s never had a season with more than 300 touches. JORDAN HOWARD GONNA BALL

  10. #730
    Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    58,155
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

    Detroit signing Desmond Trufant 2yrs 21mil (14 gtd)

  11. #731
    Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    58,155
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

    Green Bay re-signing Mercedes Lewis 1yr 2.25mil

  12. #732
    BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    10,133
    BG Level
    9

    Buffalo Mayor worked this into a press conference about how the city is dealing with the virus.

    https://twitter.com/carlifarley/stat...13455287091200

  13. #733
    GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    25,823
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    I saw the Dolphins signed Jordan Howard to a 2 year deal for 10 million...seemed like a good deal. Then I saw that the dude was just 25 years old? I feel like it's been a decade since he really showed out for Chicago. I hope he pans out, seems like a low risk get with some upside.
    Bill Barnwell gave it a crappy grade. 5m a year for a one-cut RB that doesn't catch passes. Those guys are a dime a dozen throughout the league

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

  14. #734
    Been Here Longer Than you
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    35,882
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Cail View Post
    Green Bay re-signing Mercedes Lewis 1yr 2.25mil
    Lmao this is so a Green Bay move.

  15. #735
    I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    26,216
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Cail View Post
    Detroit signing Desmond Trufant 2yrs 21mil (14 gtd)
    i was kinda hoping the boys got trufant. i dunno if i can deal with chidobe awuzie, anthony brown, and jordan lewis as my starting cbs going into the draft

    they better sign snacks harrison or something to load up on the fat boys 'cause this team let like 30 guys walk and signed 1 dude

  16. #736
    The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    29,767
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

    Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    Bill Barnwell gave it a crappy grade. 5m a year for a one-cut RB that doesn't catch passes. Those guys are a dime a dozen throughout the league

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Other than maybe Melvin Gordon and Devonta Freeman, he's probably best available (that's not tendered) and cheap. Gordon will probably demand twice as much as Miami paid for Howard. As I said, low risk with upside. Miami is probably gonna spend one of their 6 picks on the first 3 rounds on a RB.

  17. #737
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,738
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

  18. #738
    GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    25,823
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    Other than maybe Melvin Gordon and Devonta Freeman, he's probably best available (that's not tendered) and cheap. Gordon will probably demand twice as much as Miami paid for Howard. As I said, low risk with upside. Miami is probably gonna spend one of their 6 picks on the first 3 rounds on a RB.
    I'm not a scout (obv) but the argument is that he is low upside. His stats haven't been anything special the last two years.

    I'd rather have him than spending more money on the other guys you mentioned, but barnwell's argument was that you're better off spending a draft pick on a RB and using the money elsewhere. I guess they're paying for the certainty? But I'm not sure they need to be.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

  19. #739
    I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    39,738
    BG Level
    10

    eagles are currently in talks to trade for darius slay, working out a contract extension

  20. #740
    I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    39,738
    BG Level
    10

    here is my analysis of the trade before it happens

    Quote Originally Posted by Mertron View Post
    anyone who comes to philly to play CB is just going to turn to shit the instant they get here

Page 37 of 144 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 87 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1293
    Last Post: 2019-07-31, 11:51
  2. Replies: 556
    Last Post: 2017-08-05, 16:04
  3. Replies: 1208
    Last Post: 2016-09-07, 18:58
  4. 2015 NFL Off-Season Thread: Fuck tom
    By Cail in forum Sports
    Replies: 4245
    Last Post: 2015-08-09, 22:56
  5. Replies: 2422
    Last Post: 2014-07-31, 02:16
  6. Replies: 3792
    Last Post: 2013-09-29, 20:04
  7. Replies: 1973
    Last Post: 2013-04-25, 04:32
  8. Replies: 609
    Last Post: 2012-10-30, 16:08