Page 99 of 151 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 109 149 ... LastLast
Results 1961 to 1980 of 3003
  1. #1961
    Chram
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,759
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    Everyone is stupid.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Does Joe know there's a pandemic going on?

  2. #1962
    Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    18,849
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Greedouw View Post
    Does Joe know there's a pandemic going on?
    Been the #1 thing he's been talking about.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

  3. #1963
    You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    22,830
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

    Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    Just fyi since there are a lot of LA county people here:

    Word on the street is that LA will announce on Monday schools will be closed for the rest of the school year, and we'll just be distance learning during that time.
    SCV announced they are extending the school shutdown until May 5th based on LA County Office of Education's recommendation. Meaning bare minimum LA schools aren't opening until May 5th.

    I am actually surprised they released this info before LACOE's Monday briefing, but w/e.

  4. #1964
    Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    8,976
    BG Level
    8

    I knew it would be at least 30 days for LA county (April 20th likely) but Newsom's orders for the state means its indefinite on closures.

    Also LA county related. Due to lack of tests available, county health officials recommend doctors only test those with severe symptoms that a positive result could change how they are treated. Those showing up to a hospital with mild symptoms will not get tested. Therefore, the official counts will never be accurate because we're not counting either asymptomatic or those actually sick but not tested.

  5. #1965
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,883
    BG Level
    10

    Glendale USD is closed until May 5th at least also.

  6. #1966
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    11,021
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

    Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    Oregon up to 114 cases, 3 deaths. Really expecting a shelter in place order any day now.
    Coming Monday, though in typical Oregon fashion we're not calling it that specifically. I'm friggen clairvoyant.

  7. #1967
    Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    8,125
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Rumour is Washington will be happening on Sunday.

  8. #1968
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,738
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    About fucking time, no idea why Inslee has taken so long with it.

  9. #1969
    Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    8,125
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    I figured we would have been one of the first, really surprised it's taken this long.

  10. #1970
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,245
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    In Texas, so we won't get a shelter order until too late. My office is considered essential since we work on the power grid, but thankfully the vast majority of what we do is electronic. We're doing a test run of wfh next week, but I expect it to be extended considering we already have a decent number of cases here.

  11. #1971
    Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,841
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    I'm in NY. Work in the subsidized housing industry. We provide assistance for thousands of of families. I'm working remotely until further notice. Payments still gonna go out to landlords and such. I am very grateful to be in this field for once. Since they're not turning off housing payments, we can still get our full salaries. I have work to do, but it's significantly more limited in capacity. When we go back it's going to be a fucking dumpster fire, but I look at it as job security.

    I'm not looking forward to being "locked up" for potentially the next couple months, but there's a ton of games (hopefully) still all releasing on time so I have something to do during downtime. And I hopefully avoid getting sick. I have always kept a full pantry, so I only really need to ever go out for milk and other essentials.

  12. #1972
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    34,936
    BG Level
    10

    Shit is apparently about to hit the fan here in Kansas.

  13. #1973
    Blue Magic is Best Magic
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,215
    BG Level
    8

    I don't get how in NYC 80%+ of people are renters and they decided to do a mortgage freeze and not a rent freeze? How are people suppose to afford to live when not working for their estimated 5 months of this crap? Now can't even leave our apartments starting Sunday. It's just insane, all the while the owners of most of these apartments are in China rubbing their hands because people will be paying them rent. I hope nobody does and they take it up with the government. I don't even understand how people are so chill and making memes and going on social media and creating trendy shit for their "self-isolation." Meanwhile, everyones business has been destroyed and we're facing 5 more months? How are people even going to pay rent or what about people whos leases end and they can't afford to move due to their horrible credit from this disaster and charging everything lol.

  14. #1974
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,883
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Cail View Post
    Message from our med control today:

    We have noted increasing evidence that a significant portion of patients with COVID-19 may present initially only with GI symptoms (nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhea).
    So if my 5 year old, who has been coughing and has had a mild fever for the past week is now puking early this morning, is that bad?

    His 3 year old sister is about 2 days behind him symptom-wise. My wife and I are fine so far.

  15. #1975
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    32,117
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    So if my 5 year old, who has been coughing and has had a mild fever for the past week is now puking early this morning, is that bad?

    His 3 year old sister is about 2 days behind him symptom-wise. My wife and I are fine so far.
    No sarcasm or joking here, but you should be in the hospital already. If your toddler has a fever and coughing, a doctor visit is already worth considering hard, but now puking too? At the very least do some telemedicine to get a legit second opinion but I'd strongly considering going now, versus when we have 50k confirmed cases and every hospital is at capacity.

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

  16. #1976
    XI was, and will always be, better.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,650
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    I'll second the above post

    if it were me, I'd hole myself up in the man cave and tell my family I'll brb in 14 days. But if your kiddo is getting symptomatic, at the bare minimum reach out to your primary care and see what the game plan is

  17. #1977
    Kevin Chang
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10,695
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    I don't get how in NYC 80%+ of people are renters and they decided to do a mortgage freeze and not a rent freeze?
    Renters are likely younger and less wealthy.

  18. #1978
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,883
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    No sarcasm or joking here, but you should be in the hospital already. If your toddler has a fever and coughing, a doctor visit is already worth considering hard, but now puking too? At the very least do some telemedicine to get a legit second opinion but I'd strongly considering going now, versus when we have 50k confirmed cases and every hospital is at capacity.

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    He's presenting the exact same symptoms (coughing almost exclusively at night, very low grade fever never above 101) as the roughly 6 other colds he's had since starting kindergarten.

    The puking is new though. I'll be sure to get him to his PCP...on Monday when his pediatrician's office reopens, because of course this had to happen early Saturday morning. I have no big desire to take him to a hospital in the midst of a global pandemic unless necessary.

    He's as far from a high risk patient as possible and with no known exposure or foreign travel they probably wouldn't test him for COVID-19 anyway.

  19. #1979
    The Fucking Voice of Actually
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    11,055
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    I don't get how in NYC 80%+ of people are renters and they decided to do a mortgage freeze and not a rent freeze? How are people suppose to afford to live when not working for their estimated 5 months of this crap? Now can't even leave our apartments starting Sunday. It's just insane, all the while the owners of most of these apartments are in China rubbing their hands because people will be paying them rent. I hope nobody does and they take it up with the government. I don't even understand how people are so chill and making memes and going on social media and creating trendy shit for their "self-isolation." Meanwhile, everyones business has been destroyed and we're facing 5 more months? How are people even going to pay rent or what about people whos leases end and they can't afford to move due to their horrible credit from this disaster and charging everything lol.
    People aren't 100% freaking out YET, because we have a week and change before the April 1st rent day. And since it's really obvious that the math doesn't work out like you said, there's a degree of expectation the government is going to do something.

    It's probably a situation like the FGC events that haven't yet been cancelled, they're waiting for an order, so they can have force majeure to back out and recoup money to not go bankrupt.
    In this case, the states are waiting for the federal to do something, and vice versa (with a dash of being fucking dumb in the executives case), and things generally aren't happening until someone blinks.

    The closer we get with no action though, the more people will freak out. Here in L.A., there's already been a number of people contacting and petitioning local and state officials on the matter. And agitation to, if they do nothing, begin a rent and mortgage strike.

  20. #1980
    I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    26,216
    BG Level
    10

    definitely get the kids checked with your family doctor archi. at worst you find out they have bronchitis or something and get the meds for it

Page 99 of 151 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 109 149 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The Unemployment Rate is 22.9%
    By test123 in forum Politics: Advanced Shitposting
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 2012-12-13, 22:20