Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 70
  1. #21
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    70,412
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries
    9


  2. #22
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,850
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Demo was added on Switch can't wait to check it out after work

  3. #23
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,195
    BG Level
    6

    Its so good. I am even more excited for this game after the demo.

  4. #24
    okay guy I guess
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    24,390
    BG Level
    10

    Was announced for Gamepass during the Microsoft extended show

  5. #25
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,826
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Demo is available NOW

    Game releases August 29, 2023

  6. #26
    Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,841
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Man, good and bad time to be an RPG fan. I'll buy this the day it comes out for sure to give the devs full support, but I won't be playing it for months, will be deep into Baldur's Gate.

    This is also the week Starfield is getting early access. That game I couldn't care less about, but still. I know they're all 3 different genres of RPG, but I hope they don't get crushed by releasing it this week.

  7. #27

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    21,993
    BG Level
    10

    any kind of release buzz is going to get absolutely crushed by BG3 and Starfield lmao, but yeah hopefully can get some good word of mouth and sell well in the long run

  8. #28
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,850
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

  9. #29
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,810
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Well that certainly moves it up on my to play list lol

  10. #30
    okay guy I guess
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    24,390
    BG Level
    10

    between that and game pass i think a lot of people will try it out which it deserves

  11. #31
    Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,841
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Review embargo is up. Generally favorable, 8+ or better across the board. I think I'll buy it versus game pass so the dev gets the money.

    After 200 hours of it, should be a great Baldur's Gate palette cleanser.

  12. #32
    I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    21,264
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    I feel bad, but I'm waiting for the physical edition.

  13. #33
    Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    18,829
    BG Level
    9

    Downloaded mine, will probably start playing tomorrow, or maybe break out the Steam Deck for this and take it everywhere.

  14. #34

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    21,993
    BG Level
    10

    hadn't heard much of this outside of this thread but that 89 at meta + it being on Game Pass means i'll give er a go

  15. #35
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,850
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Played around two hours today. The start is pretty slow, kinda had to force myself to power through it, hope the story picks up soon. Also, I think I'm grasping the combat system mostly fine, but I ran into one encounter with multiple ants, which resist physical attacks and can summon two more units per turn and that battle took me like 15 min or more to complete, because I just couldn't kill them fast enough... Thankfully they decided to stop spamming summon at some point because I was almost ready to just shut down the game, lol.

  16. #36
    Ayn
    Ayn is offline
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,299
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Should I wrap up the Messenger before starting this?

  17. #37
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,810
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Played around two hours today. The start is pretty slow, kinda had to force myself to power through it, hope the story picks up soon. Also, I think I'm grasping the combat system mostly fine, but I ran into one encounter with multiple ants, which resist physical attacks and can summon two more units per turn and that battle took me like 15 min or more to complete, because I just couldn't kill them fast enough... Thankfully they decided to stop spamming summon at some point because I was almost ready to just shut down the game, lol.
    Why didn't you use magic on them? It like one shots them.

    Start was indeed slow, but I've been loving it since the battles got going.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ayn View Post
    Should I wrap up the Messenger before starting this?
    I haven't played that but I don't think they are related?

  18. #38
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,850
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Why didn't you use magic on them? It like one shots them.

    Start was indeed slow, but I've been loving it since the battles got going.

    I haven't played that but I don't think they are related?
    I mean I could kille 1-2 in one turn, but next turn like 4 new would be summoned and then I need a couple turns more to recover mp. And when you have like 7-8 ants on the screen you're also wasting turns trying to heal from all the damage, lol. I dunno if AI just decided to screw me over so much, but I literally wasn't able to kill them fast enough with multiple respawning every turn.

    And yeah, this is the same universe as The Messenger (which is kinda wild), but I think they said you don't need to play it to understand this game.

  19. #39
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,810
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    AI did decide to screw you because I only saw them summon 3x throughout the whole dungeon. 2 of them happened in the same fight and I ended that one with the Sun AOE combo attack lol

  20. #40
    Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    18,829
    BG Level
    9

    This one hit me like a nostalgia bomb, wasn't 20 minutes in before I was thinking "When was the last time I played Lunar?"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Sea of Thieves (PC/XSX/XB1)
    By 6souls in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 2026-06-07, 13:23
  2. [Kickstarter] General Chaos 2: Sons of Chaos (PC)
    By Callisto in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2013-09-10, 00:02
  3. Opinions on gaming's paths (PC/Console to Phone/Tablet)
    By Eleven19 in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 2012-11-18, 01:13