TIME COMPRESSION!
...What? What the fuck is time compression? That's all I remember asking as a kid when that part of the plot of 8 came up.
8 was only cool because Ward rode a goddamn anchor onto the enemies in battle. badass.
TIME COMPRESSION!
...What? What the fuck is time compression? That's all I remember asking as a kid when that part of the plot of 8 came up.
8 was only cool because Ward rode a goddamn anchor onto the enemies in battle. badass.
The battle music for those 3 is the best in the series still.
I grew to appreciate 8's story more as I got older but I still think the gameplay is potentially the worst in any FF game besides the first 3.
2.
Nah the MP system of 3 was bad
I'm convinced Ultimecia was a YouTube influencer who could never get enough attention. Everything she did was for attention.
She would've been banned for showing that much titty, though.
There's 0 time travel in FFX. Dream Zanarkand is a summoning done by the fayth at Mt. Gagazet. It's location is near Baaj Temple. Yu Yevon wanted to keep Zanarkand alive, so he used the fayth to keep it how it used to be.
https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Time_travel
https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Dream_Zanarkand
https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Yu_Yevon
That game makes less sense every time I learn something new about it.
Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
This goes into what I say every time FFX is brought up, probably even in this thread: so many of the most interesting story elements of FFX took place outside of the games in shit like Ultimania books. It's such a fucking shame cause some of the stuff is really, really cool. Wish they'd do a prequel game eventually about the Summoners war between Bevelle and Zanarkand.
Dream Zanarkand is basically a giant Aeon and the first time I learned about that my mind was blown.
Tons of FF games are like that. Its an old DnD trope that still carries over. Ancient lost civilization had infinitely cooler tech and lore, but was wiped out from some bullshit and we're left with their lost handouts and tidbits.
I mean, shit, if you want to talk about prequel games, you could make a prequel game about FFVI's War of the Magi, when the literal gods of the game were enslaving humans, turning them into espers to wage their massive 3-way war. You could have a FFVII Prequel showing how Jenova convinced humanity to turn on and destroy the Ancients. Obviously you could do a bevelle/xanarkand war prequel. You could do a FFV "Warriors of Dawn" prequel game. You could do a FF3 prequel game surrounding the Warriors of Darkness and their struggle and ultimate failure to secure their crystals.
The trope obviously extends far outside of FF, but there's more than enough versions within its own canon.
Speaking of FF3, I'm wrapping that game up soon. I just "beat" the game and have everyone at 99 with 9999 HP. I just have to level Onion Knights to 99, Get 2 Gungnirs from Odin, and beat the Iron Giant.
I'm replaying the game on hard and just got done with the first bike section and realized, Jessie's parents live in Sector 7, so that means they were on the plate that fell and died, right?
that’s my understanding yes
it’s why when you’re going through the shinra building there are employees who wonder about loved ones in sector 7; you learn from the Jessie bit that shinra employees live on the plate
They showed survivors in the wreckage after you climb the plate so it's possible they survived.
I wonder how many people live on a plate. If Midgar is the size of like, Detroit, with an even population distribution, we could guess that 80,000 people were affected by the plate falling, either dead, injured, or homeless.
If it's the size of NYC that number goes up to 1M+.
But maybe Midgar is like St. Louis? So just under 40k?
We don't really have an idea of scale/population.
Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Her dad was on some form of seemingly life dependent medical care so his survival through the ordeal seems unlikely.
maybe it’s possible they had some form of evacuation like the haphazard one in the slums, but eh
Finally finished it. Shit gave me goosebumps for the next one.
PROS:
- Game is gorgeous. Midgar slums is really brought to life.
- Love that they’re acknowledging Crisis Core and Advent Children.
- When it’s following and expanding on the actual story shit is amazing.
CONS:
- The pacing is fucking horrible. The first ten chapters is some of the worst gaming I’ve ever done in my life. Maybe it was because I was rushing to the next identifiable story point, but the filler crap added absolutely nothing to the story. They straight up killed all the charm of Cloud cross dressing.
- Boss battles were epic. Except when you fucking stagger them and it immediately goes into a transition cutscene to negate all the work and momentum you’ve accomplished. Dumb as fuck design. Probably the most frustrating shit I had to deal with.
- Man when the story is bad it’s fucking bad. I couldn’t give two damn shits about the first ten chapters. They did absolutely fucking nothing to add to the lore. It was straight up anime filler levels. They added nothing about the wutai/shinra war or even any exposition on SOLDIER. Once again Cloud seems to be the only fucking one in existence in Midgar besides Roche who fucking disappears anyways lmao.
- Not sure how I feel about the time traveling/future vision crap.
- Why the fuck are they so stingy on the All/Magnify materia? The whole damn system feels held back.
- Battle system is crazy limited because of it. Little diversity on materia usage or placement.
Chapters 1-10 and 11 an onwards feels like two completely different games. I loved everything when the game stayed on rails with the original story, but the added filler crap mostly sucks and the fate whisper time travel ghosts are dumb.
Also, the hojo lab part change fucking sucked. One of the biggest moments in the original FF7 was waking up in your cell and finding everyone dead with blood everywhere to creepy music.
Their half-assed replacement was fucking weak.