Page 44 of 52 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast
Results 861 to 880 of 1030
  1. #861

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    22,002
    BG Level
    10

    i didn't like the game

  2. #862

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    22,002
    BG Level
    10

    i think the main problem was that i like good games and not dumb piece of shit games

  3. #863
    Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    18,859
    BG Level
    9

    Bloodborne was just ok.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

  4. #864
    Ze NinjaSYXX
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,899
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    Bloodborne was just ok.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

  5. #865
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    15,635
    BG Level
    9
    Blog Entries
    101

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    I only felt bloat at one place: the Sun Lamp Rafters before Sector 5 reactor (and potentially the return to the sewers before heading to Shinra Tower). That part could have been cut and I wouldn't have any issues with the pace.
    I just got to the lamp part in my hard playthrough and am already dreading it. Also reminded me of the part in the lab after the plate collapse and not looking forward to that either.

  6. #866

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    24,326
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Yeah I think one sign of a great game is you actively look forward to trying it again on the hardest difficulty and for me I just have no interest here.

  7. #867
    Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    18,859
    BG Level
    9

    All the padded sections took me minutes on Hard Mode because I already knew where to go and if you're level 50 already nothing starts to get challenging until chapter 10 or 11. Once you're not stopping to look at everything or figure out where to go all the "fluff" takes like 10 minutes.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

  8. #868
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    15,635
    BG Level
    9
    Blog Entries
    101

    Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Yeah I think one sign of a great game is you actively look forward to trying it again on the hardest difficulty and for me I just have no interest here.
    I think the last game that I felt that way about was the Last of Us. Played through that three times in a row to platinum it >.>;

  9. #869
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    32,124
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    I think the last game that I felt that way about was the Last of Us. Played through that three times in a row to platinum it >.>;
    Is that how this feels? I couldn't touch that game after my first play through

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

  10. #870
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,852
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Yeah I think one sign of a great game is you actively look forward to trying it again on the hardest difficulty and for me I just have no interest here.
    I don't think there's anything wrong with being an absolutely fantastic experience just the first time around.

    I rarely replay games anymore these days.

  11. #871
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    32,124
    BG Level
    10

    I would never replay God of War, Horizon, Spiderman, etc honestly. As great a game as those all are.

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

  12. #872
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,852
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    I still haven't had the time to finish 2 of those and I loved all 3. When am I supposed to replay them lol.

    I just got back into my first playthrough of Nier after a 3 year hiatus. And that's a game I know I have to play multiple times to fully enjoy.

  13. #873
    Impossiblu
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,445
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    I wanted to replay God of War when NG+ came out and never got around to it

  14. #874
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    7,184
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    I wanted to replay God of War when NG+ came out and never got around to it
    GoD replay was amazing for me when you finish the Zeus set i think it was. I played it with the hardest settings and it makes it so you are a glass canon. You hit so hard and fast, but you get hit once by most mobs, you are done. LOVED GoW, still my favorite PS4 game.

  15. #875
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    51,708
    BG Level
    10

    Shiiiit I'm getting started on my 3rd playthrough of DMC5 in Heaven or Hell mode.

    I started the NG+ hard on this for like two minutes than realized. Nah. Maybe later.

  16. #876
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    51,708
    BG Level
    10

    SPOILERS Final Fantasy 7 Remake SPOILER THREAD - CURIOSITY KILLED THE CAT

    The more I think about it, the more I’m in the camp the ending is batshit stupid. It’s so god damn similar to the Evangelion remake movies lmao. They make it ambiguous enough to where you’re questioning whether or not it’s a new timeline, some kind of time loop, or just it’s own story altogether.

    After KH3, I’m really starting to wonder if Nomura and Anno have been hanging out lol.

  17. #877
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4,108
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    i'm a page and a half behind but lmao @ "meh, you losers enjoy all this filler, I'M going back to PERSONA FIVE ROYAL EDITION"

    c'mon man, i enjoy all of these games (in all cases the originals and remakes/reheats) a great deal but let's not get uppity about our vapid timesuck of choice. preferring ezmode YA megaten over predictably convoluted nomura fuckery doesn't make you an aesthete, it just means you're an arbitrarily picky loser like everyone else here (myself included)

  18. #878
    Impossiblu
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,445
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Yeah bro, because going back to play a new version of a game I loved that has 30+ new hours of content added on instead of immediately doing a 2nd playthrough of a game that I had just finished and had mixed feelings about are completely equatable and boils down to "meh, you losers enjoy all this filler, I'M going back to PERSONA FIVE ROYAL EDITION".

  19. #879
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,779
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    I want to be able to swap materia mid battle, that would be a HUGE QOL improvement. Like, 15 minutes into fighting Hell House I was debating whether to trudge on or just go reload and re-slot my materia.

    Still had fun though.
    I'd love the next game to let you change weapons mid combat for an ATB bar. With all the weapons becoming useful for different situations, it'd fit the materia need while encouraging you to actually upgrade and create meaningful materia sets on each weapon.

    Personally, whatever shortcomings the game had didn't really bother me, because it was far beyond my expectations given SE's track record over the last 10~ years. It wasn't perfect, but in my mind, it didn't need to be. No matter the choices they made, there'd be people on both sides saying they didn't change enough, they changed too much, there's too much padding, there's too little padding, it's too long, it's too short, etc. They turned a 5~ hour section of game into a 35~ hour story that largely had a coherent story, and left a new generation of gamers to look forward to the next part. I'm happy for that.

  20. #880
    Blue Magic is Best Magic
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,215
    BG Level
    8

    This game was so epic. Replaying on hard is a bit of a chore though, so I haven't platinum it yet. Not really surprising because I hated the original Midgar section for the same reason in the original.

Page 44 of 52 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Final Fantasy VI (Android/iOS) {Remake}
    By 6souls in forum Square-Enix Titles
    Replies: 228
    Last Post: 2015-12-17, 13:42
  2. Final Fantasy 12 :OMG Discussion Thread
    By Anyway in forum Square-Enix Titles
    Replies: 641
    Last Post: 2009-02-06, 03:56
  3. Official Final Fantasy XII - Revenant Wings Thread
    By Miltani in forum Square-Enix Titles
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 2008-01-09, 08:28
  4. *SPOILER* Final Boss question
    By Rizer in forum Square-Enix Titles
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2006-12-18, 02:38
  5. The Final Fantasy 12 "Ding" Thread
    By Borisan in forum Square-Enix Titles
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 2006-11-07, 20:49