Page 46 of 52 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast
Results 901 to 920 of 1030
  1. #901
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    18,369
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Just replayed FFXII. Wild that the battle system from 11 years ago is way better than FF7R. Everything was there. You could customize as little or as much as you wanted. Have characters play like you wanted or go full atb style and mash their abilities a la FF7R.

    Choices man. Give us choices. Don’t feed us shit and tell us it is the only thing on the menu so we better eat up.

  2. #902
    Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,995
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    I checked out after meeting Aerith and being told to pick flowers after reading this thread I'm glad I did.

  3. #903

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    21,995
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Day View Post
    too hard for you? get gud bro
    i like Hamtaro Island 2 Hamham Heartbreak

  4. #904
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    51,591
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    i like Hamtaro Island 2 Hamham Heartbreak
    https://youtu.be/GR3kGU0RoXE

  5. #905
    I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    21,265
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrbeansman View Post
    I checked out after meeting Aerith and being told to pick flowers after reading this thread I'm glad I did.
    Too many flowers 2/10

  6. #906
    Kevin Chang
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10,686
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    So the whole "we are only doing Midgar so we can expand the game" would have been tight if they didn't go Peter Jackson's Hobbit trilogy level of inane stuff as part of the expansion.

    The game goes through dips of tight on-pace storytelling that hits the beats of the original while adding some good development, then deserts of fluff.

    - Chapter 1 and 2 are great.
    - Chapter 3 and 8 (Tifa and Aeris sidequest chapters) were tolerable once but having to redo them twice (or more if you didn't plan things out) for all the dresses made them extremely grating.
    - Chapter 4's side story with Jessie, Biggs, and Wedge was actually pretty okay and added a lot of development to those characters (who we immediately forget since we don't see them for the rest of the game nearly).
    - Chapter 5 (train and tunnel) was fine but Chapter 6 (the sun lamp shit) was insufferable.
    - I don't think they really should have changed anything about Chapter 7 (the second reactor).
    - Chapter 9 went on waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long, especially with the fact you have to do it at least twice to see all the content then the potential of having to redo again for the other dresses. It also deserves a "Fuck you" for the pull-up minigame.
    - Chapter 10 sewers were fine.
    - Chapter 11 wasn't bad in terms of writing but it was awkwardly placed in the timing and flow of the game since you're playing hide and seek with ghosts right before they drop a plate.
    - Chapters 13/14 is all fluff that can be cut and the fact I don't have particularly bad memories of it is proof of how repetition is what made 3/8/9 so bad.
    - Chapters 15 and 16 in the Shinra building were fine.
    - Chapter 17 was an annoying addition of a maze dungeon out of nowhere.
    - Chapter 18 was Nomura.

  7. #907
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    51,591
    BG Level
    10

    The train graveyard was honestly one of my favorite parts. Felt like the game starting with the sewer really started to hit its stride with actual meaningful content. The Ghoul boss is easily one of the more fun fights of the game.

  8. #908

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    21,995
    BG Level
    10

    will say amidst all my bitching the combat system was p entertaining and really shined in the better boss fights. clean up some of the minor annoyances such as stagger bar resets + artificial invincibility periods + unnecessary cutscenes during transformations and you got yourself a fine system.

  9. #909
    Can you spare some gil?
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    8,781
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    Just replayed FFXII. Wild that the battle system from 11 years ago is way better than FF7R. Everything was there. You could customize as little or as much as you wanted. Have characters play like you wanted or go full atb style and mash their abilities a la FF7R.

    Choices man. Give us choices. Don’t feed us shit and tell us it is the only thing on the menu so we better eat up.
    You have choices, play classic or play the game and have fun. It's alright that you hate it because you're bad, a lot of people hated ffxi because they were bad too. Just part of getting old and not keeping up.

  10. #910
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    You have choices, play classic or play the game and have fun. It's alright that you hate it because you're bad, a lot of people hated ffxi because they were bad too. Just part of getting old and not keeping up.
    You're the worst.

  11. #911
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    32,114
    BG Level
    10

    I really do hope they balance the sequels better, or give higher difficulties out of the gate. The stagger problems are really a downer, and as much as those boss battles were pretty memorable, I also remember getting fucked on that stagger bar on a lot of those fights and its definitely a ding on that first playthrough experience.

    I mean I guess it only happened cause I was rocking the boss without stagger anyways, but then back to my original complaint of harder difficulties from the get go. Final fantasy got too too easy after ps1 days

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

  12. #912
    Can you spare some gil?
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    8,781
    BG Level
    8

    I mean I could lie if it makes you feel better and tell you that the gameplay sucks when it actually doesn't. To go off and say the game needs gambits because they're bad at managing their party is hilarious.

  13. #913
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    32,114
    BG Level
    10

    Yeah the game play is completely different. Just play ff12 if you like a game with gambits, I really liked this system a lot and honestly the shortcut system was pretty much on point.

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

  14. #914
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    7,181
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    I really do hope they balance the sequels better, or give higher difficulties out of the gate. The stagger problems are really a downer, and as much as those boss battles were pretty memorable, I also remember getting fucked on that stagger bar on a lot of those fights and its definitely a ding on that first playthrough experience.

    I mean I guess it only happened cause I was rocking the boss without stagger anyways, but then back to my original complaint of harder difficulties from the get go. Final fantasy got too too easy after ps1 days

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    The stagger >> Cutscene was my only real issue with the battle system. I didn't really see it often my 1st playthrough, but on hard mode, I saw this happen a lot. Once you understand the battle system and how to stagger/etc it happened a lot.

  15. #915
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    I mean I could lie if it makes you feel better and tell you that the gameplay sucks when it actually doesn't. To go off and say the game needs gambits because they're bad at managing their party is hilarious.
    I'm not saying it sucks personally but it does need a lot of work. It's far better than anything FFXV tried to pull off.

    The game doesn't need gambits perse but it does need a way to better influence AI so it isn't fucking useless and you can macro more than micro manage everything. There's manual tricks and stuff you can do with each character and that is good, but that you need to literally take control of a character to either have them not get hit like a fucking idiot or actually just attack stuff to build ATB is frustrating. Enemy AI straight beelining to your currently controlled character just makes battles messy. Managing your party isn't difficult it's just tedious.

    But that's what options are for, if you want to micromanage your party you do you, but if you don't want to have to do everything yourself some options to make the AI less useless would be the best.

  16. #916
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,852
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    While I'm not one to usually start a new game on Hard, I do think they should have that option unlocked from the get go.

  17. #917
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,827
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    While I'm not one to usually start a new game on Hard, I do think they should have that option unlocked from the get go.
    They designed Hard Mode to be based around leveled up character and a full array of materia unfortunately.

  18. #918
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    18,369
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Shen has reverted back to his autism days of pretending to be a pregnant girl on the internet I see. Good to see it come full circle.

    Imagine openly agreeing with such a smoothbrain in here and thinking it supports your argument.

  19. #919
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    18,369
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Anyway, Elcura got my point. Having options isn't a bad thing. The system could've been made better and even those of you who are up their own asses with superiority about the combat system in a game that you won't even replay yourselves (because it wasn't all that great) probably could've found a way to tweak it more to your liking with some customization.

    Wild, guys. Wild.

    Edit: For those of you who have forgotten, the basic gambit system in FFXII is "party leader target : attack". Period. If you want to go beyond that, you can, or you can turn gambits 100% off.

  20. #920
    Can you spare some gil?
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    8,781
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    Shen has reverted back to his autism days of pretending to be a pregnant girl on the internet I see. Good to see it come full circle.

    Imagine openly agreeing with such a smoothbrain in here and thinking it supports your argument.
    Oof ouch, ya got me good there with that one. How will I ever recover. It's cool you wanna live in the past and embrace what you're safe and comfortable with while the world passes you by because the new is scary and difficult to adjust to.

Page 46 of 52 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Final Fantasy VI (Android/iOS) {Remake}
    By 6souls in forum Square-Enix Titles
    Replies: 228
    Last Post: 2015-12-17, 13:42
  2. Final Fantasy 12 :OMG Discussion Thread
    By Anyway in forum Square-Enix Titles
    Replies: 641
    Last Post: 2009-02-06, 03:56
  3. Official Final Fantasy XII - Revenant Wings Thread
    By Miltani in forum Square-Enix Titles
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 2008-01-09, 08:28
  4. *SPOILER* Final Boss question
    By Rizer in forum Square-Enix Titles
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2006-12-18, 02:38
  5. The Final Fantasy 12 "Ding" Thread
    By Borisan in forum Square-Enix Titles
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 2006-11-07, 20:49