Page 47 of 52 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast
Results 921 to 940 of 1030
  1. #921
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    18,369
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    Oof ouch, ya got me good there with that one. How will I ever recover. It's cool you wanna live in the past and embrace what you're safe and comfortable with while the world passes you by because the new is scary and difficult to adjust to.
    If you're going to act like a high and mighty autist about an incredibly basic combat system I am going to bring up just how much of an autist you are. Bet.

    Like that time you, a rough approximation of a man, pretended to be a pregnant girl on the internet to get free stuff.

  2. #922
    Can you spare some gil?
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    8,781
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    If you're going to act like a high and mighty autist about an incredibly basic combat system I am going to bring up just how much of an autist you are. Bet.

    Like that time you, a rough approximation of a man, pretended to be a pregnant girl on the internet to get free stuff.
    Because I got so much free stuff that I worked for myself-- pretending to be something I wasn't because at a time in my life I wasn't comfortable with who and what I was. Moved beyond that and am in a much better place mentally and physically.

    If the system is basic at its presentation but there is a fair amount of depth to be explored during boss battles where the game shines, otherwise it could just be a hack and slash adventure as you move from point A to point B, get a new big weapon that you use instead of what you were using.

    You know your words remind a lot of the kind of people that I work with, the kind of people that complain that they have no room to improve, go forward and advance themselves because they don't want to do anything beyond what they're doing, they want it just handed to them. Meanwhile I'll just step right on you and go onto whatever is next and your constant howls of the past are just fallen on deaf ears.

  3. #923
    Can you spare some gil?
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    8,781
    BG Level
    8

    Imagine thinking creating a huge if else statement is a fun and engaging combat system that auto executes itself.

  4. #924
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    18,369
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    Because I got so much free stuff that I worked for myself-- pretending to be something I wasn't because at a time in my life I wasn't comfortable with who and what I was. Moved beyond that and am in a much better place mentally and physically.

    If the system is basic at its presentation but there is a fair amount of depth to be explored during boss battles where the game shines, otherwise it could just be a hack and slash adventure as you move from point A to point B, get a new big weapon that you use instead of what you were using.

    You know your words remind a lot of the kind of people that I work with, the kind of people that complain that they have no room to improve, go forward and advance themselves because they don't want to do anything beyond what they're doing, they want it just handed to them. Meanwhile I'll just step right on you and go onto whatever is next and your constant howls of the past are just fallen on deaf ears.
    This is a fantastic point to direct at me, specifically. Thanks bud.

    lmfao

  5. #925
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,095
    BG Level
    8

    this back and forth is way more entertaining than the majority of this game

  6. #926
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    51,651
    BG Level
    10

    There were maybe 3 fights in the entire game where I had to think beyond mashing Square and spamming abilities when the ATB gauge filled up lol. The rest of the time was spent directing my brain dead allies to not get killed.

  7. #927
    Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    18,849
    BG Level
    9

    I would love it if in the next installments they add more materia like Quad Cut and Slash All, they could add a bunch of stuff that gives you more combat options. If necessary make it like Provoke, where if you're controlling the character it doesn't work. Just let me juice up the AI a little.

    Or just give me gambits.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

  8. #928
    Impossiblu
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,445
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Imagine having the stance of "lol gambits are for smoothbrain simps" but in reality coming up with a Gambit setup that works to fight some of the hardest bosses in the game took the same level of understanding of the game's battle system and the boss fight itself as doing it manually.

    Only difference being you programmed that understanding into the AI so you didn't have to press extra buttons.

    But sure, let's pretend like sitting there for 12+ hours mashing the same buttons over and over to beat Yiazmat instead of setting up your team to do it themselves while you were asleep was some kind of incredible feat of skill and bravery. Fucking lol.

  9. #929

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    24,315
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    I like how this went from "I don't like the game vs I do like the game" straight to "let's relive the most embarrassing parts of your life you single chromosome simp" in only a few posts. We are the worst lmao

  10. #930
    Impossiblu
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,445
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    I would argue that most ppl in this thread have too many chromosomes rather than too few

  11. #931
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    18,369
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    I like how this went from "I don't like the game vs I do like the game" straight to "let's relive the most embarrassing parts of your life you single chromosome simp" in only a few posts. We are the worst lmao
    Make BG Great Again

  12. #932
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,459
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    I like how this went from "I don't like the game vs I do like the game" straight to "let's relive the most embarrassing parts of your life you single chromosome simp" in only a few posts. We are the worst lmao
    It wouldn't be an FF game if people weren't arguing over the dumbest shit

  13. #933
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5,090
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

    FFVIIR combat system was good for an action RPG and fun, but I believe FF and overall JRPG battle systems peaked at FFXII, especially the Zodiac Age version. around 14 years have passed since I played the game and still recall it with very, very good memories.

    That said, I also truly enjoyed FFVIIR as well and feel it was such a fresh, alternative approach. I felt It wasn't challenging at all, I didn't feel the need to think strategically; died only a handful times, with 1 being against a random rat (lol), one against a boss and the rest in the final bike scene but found the game overall enjoyable.

    A job and a battle system like FFXII might've been too heavy for a game like FFVIIR. Remake never meant to be a bold attempt like XII, it actually tried to satisfy all parties; newcomers, hardcore gamers, younger generation...they just didn't want to repel anybody. They kept returning players engaged with a fresh approach, and introduced the game to the new generation with high production values, fast gameplay and low difficulty.

  14. #934
    Impossiblu
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,445
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Still think X-2's combat system was on point. Job system was impactful and it gave just enough customization to matter.

    7R's combat system would be fine with some tweaks to the stagger system and more meaningful materia variety. The materia and weapon systems effectively are the job system for 7R.

  15. #935
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,852
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Yep, I'm very fond of X-2 battle and job systems too.

  16. #936
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    51,651
    BG Level
    10

    You motherfuckas really making me wanting to play ff12 after like 10+ years.

  17. #937
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    32,116
    BG Level
    10

    That game always drops off at the giant desert rigs for me

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

  18. #938
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,741
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Yep, I'm very fond of X-2 battle and job systems too.
    X-2 combat is great. Recently replayed it. Story sucks balls, but gameplay is nice. Difficulty is quite low for main story though. I got no-encounters as soon as chapter 1 started, and the game was still a cakewalk. It was permanently on.

    Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    That game always drops off at the giant desert rigs for me
    I actually love this area. When I was younger, it was my goto grind spot for early game. Thought the area looked really cool, and the midgets reminded me of Star Wars. Traversing it completely could be kind of annoying though.

  19. #939
    Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    28,637
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

    Quote Originally Posted by IceSylph View Post
    X-2 combat is great. Recently replayed it. Story sucks balls, but gameplay is nice. Difficulty is quite low for main story though. I got no-encounters as soon as chapter 1 started, and the game was still a cakewalk. It was permanently on.



    I actually love this area. When I was younger, it was my goto grind spot for early game. Thought the area looked really cool, and the midgets reminded me of Star Wars. Traversing it completely could be kind of annoying though.
    That's because XII is Star Wars. Balthier & Fran = Han and Chewie, Ashe = Princess Leia, Basch = Obi Wan, and Vaan = Jar Jar.

  20. #940
    Ayn
    Ayn is offline
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,304
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    That's because XII is Star Wars. Balthier & Fran = Han and Chewie, Ashe = Princess Leia, Basch = Obi Wan, and Vaan = Jar Jar.
    Vaan = Captain Basch.

    Don’t believe Melena’s lies.

Page 47 of 52 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Final Fantasy VI (Android/iOS) {Remake}
    By 6souls in forum Square-Enix Titles
    Replies: 228
    Last Post: 2015-12-17, 13:42
  2. Final Fantasy 12 :OMG Discussion Thread
    By Anyway in forum Square-Enix Titles
    Replies: 641
    Last Post: 2009-02-06, 03:56
  3. Official Final Fantasy XII - Revenant Wings Thread
    By Miltani in forum Square-Enix Titles
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 2008-01-09, 08:28
  4. *SPOILER* Final Boss question
    By Rizer in forum Square-Enix Titles
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2006-12-18, 02:38
  5. The Final Fantasy 12 "Ding" Thread
    By Borisan in forum Square-Enix Titles
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 2006-11-07, 20:49