Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 105
  1. #81
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    32,110
    BG Level
    10

    Looks great! Takes too long to come out but looks like a fun time.

    Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

  2. #82
    Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    8,973
    BG Level
    8


  3. #83
    okay guy I guess
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    24,393
    BG Level
    10

    https://www.avclub.com/star-trek-str...nding-season-5
    the streamer has announced that it’s set a rough end date for Star Trek: Strange New Worlds, the only currently active Trek show on the roster. Admittedly, though, it’s a pretty distant endpoint: The series, which is set to release its third season starting in July, will now officially terminate with its fifth.

    The simple existence of said fifth season was actually part of the announcement today, with the streamer revealing that the series has now officially been renewed for six episodes beyond its current four-season order. But those six episodes will bring the story of Captain Christopher Pike (Anson Mount) and his crew (which includes numerous characters pulled from the original Star Trek, notably Ethan Peck as a young version of Spock) to a close. Credit to the streamer: As with the animated Lower Decks, which ended last December, Paramount+ is giving Strange New Worlds plenty of runway to bring its version of space exploration to a close.

  4. #84
    It's all dicks and airplanes
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,311
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

    Late to the party but definitely watch TNG but skip the Troi episodes. She's not redeemable until DS9 lol

  5. #85
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    7,117
    BG Level
    8

    Hopefully they continue with a spin off, with Krik and the OG team. We know Pikes time was originally "limited", but that could have changed.

  6. #86
    Bard-turned-Miner
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,648
    BG Level
    7

    With the caveat that Strange New Worlds is probably, by far, one of my favorite shows in the last 15-20 years, I have to say...

    Spoiler: show
    I actively hated the first episode of season 3. It was badly written, badly acted, and badly edited. Felt like I was watching the wrong show. Thankfully episode 2, although a bit silly, was miles better.

  7. #87
    Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    8,973
    BG Level
    8

    Nothing like doing the Riker Maneuver on the episode Frakes directed lol

  8. #88
    Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    8,973
    BG Level
    8

    July 23rd


  9. #89
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,720
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    New episode was some fucking A+ Star Trek

  10. #90
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    7,117
    BG Level
    8

    Oh shi it's back? Thanks for the bump

  11. #91
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    32,110
    BG Level
    10

    Fuck yeah let's go

    Sent from my SM-S936U using Tapatalk

  12. #92
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,720
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Last week's episode being a horror episode and this week's effectively being The Hangover, we're off to an interesting start to the seaosn

  13. #93
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    326
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    This episode made me chuckle more than a few times. One of the best/stupidest concepts I've seen in ages. Well done. This season is so unhinged.

  14. #94
    okay guy I guess
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    24,393
    BG Level
    10

    Divisive too, seen a lot of bitching. Havent seen the episode yet, but to be fair the season has been heavy on the gimmick episodes so far.

  15. #95
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,720
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    I loved it. Quite stupid and the choice of guests definitely added to the silliness.

  16. #96
    Bard-turned-Miner
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,648
    BG Level
    7

    My biggest gripe continues to be that with such short seasons, having so many gimmick episodes really takes a toll on the overall structure of the show. I didn't particularly like this episode... and that's ok... but knowing how few episodes remain really does make it feel more substantial than it actually is.

  17. #97
    I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    21,264
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Quote Originally Posted by Jamison View Post
    My biggest gripe continues to be that with such short seasons, having so many gimmick episodes really takes a toll on the overall structure of the show. I didn't particularly like this episode... and that's ok... but knowing how few episodes remain really does make it feel more substantial than it actually is.
    I think this might be an entire gimmick season lol

  18. #98
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,720
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    4 of the 5 episodes so far this season have had a gimmick, so seems like a reasonable assumption

  19. #99
    I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    21,264
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    4 of the 5 episodes so far this season have had a gimmick, so seems like a reasonable assumption
    You could argue all 5 were lol

  20. #100
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,720
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Last week was fairly light on the gimmicks, but we're right back to it with these week's episode

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Star Trek: Discovery (CBS:AA/P+) - Season 4 November 18, 2021
    By Obiron in forum Bentertainment Geekly
    Replies: 289
    Last Post: 2024-05-31, 10:14
  2. Star Trek: Picard (CBS:AA/P+) - Season 2 2022
    By Hellfury in forum Bentertainment Geekly
    Replies: 269
    Last Post: 2023-04-25, 07:41
  3. Star Trek: Lower Decks (CBS:AA/P+) - Season 3 August 25, 2022
    By 6souls in forum Bentertainment Geekly
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 2022-07-23, 18:51
  4. Star Trek Expanded Universe Project (CBS)
    By 6souls in forum Bentertainment Geekly
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 2020-02-14, 00:33
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2019-03-22, 17:23