Page 16 of 151 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 320 of 3002
  1. #301
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,856
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Does this make it sound like it would become something like the seasonal flu where we'd need a vaccine every year?

  2. #302
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    32,131
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN23T1CJ

    One study says that antibody levels drop pretty rapidly post-COVID in both symptomatic and asymptomatic patients.
    he median percentage decrease was more than 70% for both symptomatic and asymptomatic patients.
    For neutralising serum antibodies, the median percentage of decrease for symptomatic individuals was 11.7%, while for asymptomatic individuals it was 8.3%.
    Not great, but not the end of the world either. Also they only followed 37 asymptomatic and symptomatic people, so there's no reason to lose hope and think this is the new flu 2.0, but also this isnt news that should be making you feel better about where we're at with fighting this virus.

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

  3. #303
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    34,952
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Does this make it sound like it would become something like the seasonal flu where we'd need a vaccine every year?
    I can ask my ID colleagues, but I imagine this to be likely. I have friends working in companies developing a vaccine and it's sounding promising.

    Sal is pretty much right. No need to panic, per say, but not a good sign.

    Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

  4. #304
    Cardiac Cat
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    11,604
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

    Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    I can ask my ID colleagues, but I imagine this to be likely. I have friends working in companies developing a vaccine and it's sounding promising.

    Sal is pretty much right. No need to panic, per say, but not a good sign.

    Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    Have they indicated any kind if realistic timeline on when they think it may be feasible, or is that still completely unknown?

    I mean, we've heard the "company x is developing a vaccine and it sounds promising," since the first couple of months. Hard not to eyeroll every time I hear it, but I also have no way to gauge what kind of progress has been made given I'm not a medical professional.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  5. #305
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    34,952
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Gadritan View Post
    Have they indicated any kind if realistic timeline on when they think it may be feasible, or is that still completely unknown?

    I mean, we've heard the "company x is developing a vaccine and it sounds promising," since the first couple of months. Hard not to eyeroll every time I hear it, but I also have no way to gauge what kind of progress has been made given I'm not a medical professional.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    I'll ask them today and get back with you on that.

    Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

  6. #306
    Cardiac Cat
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    11,604
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

    Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    I'll ask them today and get back with you on that.

    Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    Thanks brother

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  7. #307
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    34,952
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Gadritan View Post
    Thanks brother

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Also I should point out that they submitted a trial paper for publication that I cannot share but has promising results (non humans of course).

    Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

  8. #308
    Cardiac Cat
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    11,604
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

    Makes sense. I know everyone has to keep it close to the vest.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  9. #309
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    34,952
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Gadritan View Post
    Makes sense. I know everyone has to keep it close to the vest.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Spring next year, at the earliest, given no bullshit hiccups.

    Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

  10. #310
    Cardiac Cat
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    11,604
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

    Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    Spring next year, at the earliest, given no bullshit hiccups.

    Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    I was really thinking closer to a year and half or two. Anything earlier would be amazing.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  11. #311
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    17,291
    BG Level
    9

    So if these antibody findings are true the whole herd immunity is a joke?

  12. #312
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    34,952
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    So if these antibody findings are true the whole herd immunity is a joke?
    Not necessarily, it just means like most cold viruses the acute immune response is short lived. Until we hit a second wave of illness and people who have had it recover and get exposed again it's impossible to tell right now.

    Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

  13. #313
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    18,369
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Decent read summarizing some of the issues about Covid research reporting and other issues. Not a deep read, just a nice high level overview.


    https://www.skepticalraptor.com/skep...s-not-science/

  14. #314
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    22,445
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries
    1

    I mean, biology research couldn't have gotten much less accurate. Peer review was more of a formatting/credential check in that discipline anyway because experiments are prohibitively difficult to repeat so as long as someone doesn't mess up the analysis you have no viable way to judge the reality of their claim.

  15. #315
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    500
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Via r/de on reddit: https://i.redd.it/s7ie5vr6so651.jpg

    Uni Tuebingen and CureVac AG are looking for volunteers between 18 and 60 for a clinical trial for a COVID-19 vaccine.

    There's supposed to be two doses and ten appointments over the course of 13 months.

    Volunteers are supposed to get up to 1300 Euros for participation.

  16. #316
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    18,369
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    I mean, biology research couldn't have gotten much less accurate. Peer review was more of a formatting/credential check in that discipline anyway because experiments are prohibitively difficult to repeat so as long as someone doesn't mess up the analysis you have no viable way to judge the reality of their claim.
    Do you want Bell Labs? Because this is how you get Bell Labs.

  17. #317
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,910
    BG Level
    10

    Mini thread

    https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/st...969589760?s=19

    Bad day of reporting. Cases up, deaths flat, % of positive tests up despite more tests per day.

  18. #318
    Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    21,329
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

    When after a positive nasal swab do they test for antibodies.

    Got an inlaw that may be lying about being positive because there was an outbreak on her floor and is using it to get out of family stuff. NBD that's pretty clever but then she's saying she's not quarantining and is going to a car dealer and few other places tomorrow and trying for force her 60yr old sickly father to go with her which is not clever if she's positive.

  19. #319
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    70,558
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries
    9

    https://www.axios.com/eu-american-tr...9948580cb.html

    The EU will ban flights from the US beginning July 1st because the states have failed to curb the outbreak.

  20. #320
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,856
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Look who is the shithole country now.

Page 16 of 151 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. {COVID-19} Coronavirus Pandemic II: Easter is Being Rescheduled to July 15th
    By 6souls in forum Politics: Advanced Shitposting
    Replies: 3065
    Last Post: 2020-06-15, 18:31
  2. {COVID-19} Coronavirus Pandemic: Toilet Paper Rationing
    By 6souls in forum Politics: Advanced Shitposting
    Replies: 3002
    Last Post: 2020-03-30, 16:55