Page 10 of 151 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 3004
  1. #181
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,908
    BG Level
    10

    I mean, Trump isn't wrong about Vietnam.

  2. #182
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,908
    BG Level
    10

    And it's not like Biden has a leg to stand on there, he got 5 deferments of his own

  3. #183
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    32,128
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    I mean, Trump isn't wrong about Vietnam.
    Fuck lol

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

  4. #184
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    376
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    I mean, Trump isn't wrong about Vietnam.
    You act like the troops had a choice.....

    Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

  5. #185
    I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    39,800
    BG Level
    10

    you mean the losers and suckers who couldn’t get out of the draft?

  6. #186
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    51,714
    BG Level
    10

    And were disproportionately PoC?

  7. #187
    Cardiac Cat
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    11,604
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

    He was right in saying it was a stupid war. If the quote ended there, no one would argue.

    But ya. Wtf Arch

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  8. #188
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,390
    BG Level
    8

    Archi never said Trump was right about the second part though.

  9. #189
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,908
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by milez View Post
    You act like the troops had a choice.....

    Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk
    Some of them did (like Trump and Biden), some of them had a hard choice (Vietnam, Canada or prison).

  10. #190
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,390
    BG Level
    8

    Or maybe he did, I dunno anymore.

  11. #191
    Cardiac Cat
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    11,604
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

    Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    Or maybe he did, I dunno anymore.
    lol. Posted too soon eh?

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  12. #192
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,908
    BG Level
    10

    I don't mean to disparage people who believed the government's bullshit about how America had to prevent Vietnam from becoming communist

    but the government was wrong, the war wasn't worth the cost (whether we had won or not), and people drafted for the cause should carry no shame for trying to get out of it.

  13. #193
    Cardiac Cat
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    11,604
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

    Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    I don't mean to disparage people who believed the government's bullshit about how America had to prevent Vietnam from becoming communist

    but the government was wrong, the war wasn't worth the cost (whether we had won or not), and people drafted for the cause should carry no shame for trying to get out of it.
    And the people who literally did not have an option should not be called suckers. Gtfo with your Canada or jail shit. You act like it was that simple.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  14. #194
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    22,443
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries
    1

    I understand the rationale behind saying that draft dodging is in everyone's rational self interest and there shouldn't have been a draft.

    But in practice (and very predictably) that shifted the burden to people who couldn't dodge the draft. It can both be utterly futile to serve and a dick move to dodge it at the same time.

  15. #195
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,908
    BG Level
    10

    I literally just said it was a hard choice. I can't imagine you disagree.

  16. #196
    Cardiac Cat
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    11,604
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

    Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    I literally just said it was a hard choice. I can't imagine you disagree.
    I can't imagine calling them suckers.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  17. #197
    Cardiac Cat
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    11,604
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

    You do realize that's the sticking point here, right?

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  18. #198
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    22,443
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries
    1

    Sure, but it is also completely valid to hold that time they were a collossal dick against someone for the rest of their lives.

  19. #199
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,908
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Gadritan View Post
    I can't imagine calling them suckers.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    I wouldn't call them that.

  20. #200
    You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    22,830
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

    It’s also a bit hindsight is 20/20 to call out “suckers” to those who voluntarily enlisted.

    I don’t think any BGer was old enough at the time to witness the propaganda that would have been given at the time. Protests on the war didn’t happen until many were already sent and died waking up the American people.

    And while TECHNICALLY being tricked by the gov’t would constitute being a “sucker,” that connotation isn’t at all necessary and deters people away from the govt who tricked them in the first place.

    Basically a way for Trump to turn it on those poor soldiers rather than the institution he’s now in charge of.

Page 10 of 151 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast