Here is a breakdown Dreambound did of all the interviews:
![]()
Here is a breakdown Dreambound did of all the interviews:
![]()
The static comment was in regards to why they went back to High Fantasy setting
Translated Famitsu interview. Its... Its a lot.
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXVI/comme...n_warning_its/
Before anyone jumps down my throat I mean that in an endearing fashion lol.
The full interview was cross posted to r/finalfantasy and reception seems less hype over there. Seeing alot of the same comments I saw a few mention here, aka FF moving away from turn-based combat is a bummer with some being upset it'll be a linear story with no open world.
And the answer is still overwhelmingly Star Wars.
I LOLed at the Allagans.
Also, 30's? That alone is pushing the envelope, given the FFXII debacle.
I cant wait for this game to suck..
How Vaan was the main protagonist when it really should've been Basch basically because he was younger.
If anything, this would be a response to FFXII. People disliked that they chose vaan who was fairly removed from the plot, purely because he was young. It was a mistake. Fix it Yoshi
Yoshi-P about to single handedly show Japan adults can be useful too.
After replaying FFXII recently, the inclusion of Vaan wasn't as egregious as his memeing suggests. Him and Penelo were absolutely important to be there for Ashe to be able to move on from her trauma. Obviously, that doesn't excuse how annoying they made him at times. I did appreciate the perspective change of it being the secondary character's viewpoint towards the actual main character(s).
At this point, everything I'm seeing and reading about this game sounds really promising. And the thing that makes me happiest at the moment is that; whether the game will be good or bad will most likely be a result of personal subjective taste in gameplay/story/etc, rather than the game being developed poorly and rushed and etc and the usual shit that we've gotten used to from SE