Page 78 of 150 FirstFirst ... 28 68 76 77 78 79 80 88 128 ... LastLast
Results 1541 to 1560 of 2997
  1. #1541
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,824
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    I agreed to take on $180,000 to pay for law school. By the time I was out of school and passed the bar that was $250,000. I've been paying it off every month (save for the time it's been on hold) since then and have gotten it down to just $330,000.

    Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

  2. #1542
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    32,108
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    I tHiNk YoU MfS sHoUlD pAy OfF YoUr LoAnS lIkE aN aDuLt
    You got genuine, hearty laughter for this

    Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

  3. #1543
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    7,181
    BG Level
    8

    I have a few friends that couldn't pay on their loans out of college for 5+ years before they made enough to start paying. Most have paid over 150% of the loan.... and are still not close to paying it off.

    There should be a cap on interest.

  4. #1544
    Like a boss yo
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,852
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

    I started out of school with like... 128k in school loans. I got em down to about 107k before I had put in my request to get most of my loans discharged due to fraudulent school advertisement (Went to DeVry and ITT Tech).

    It was approved two weeks ago.

    Total amount I owe now is 51k. Not too shabby overall. The DeVry one was able to get discharged for stafford loans. Currently in process to see if my ITT tech ones can as well.

  5. #1545
    Electric Six groupie
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,451
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

    "In state tuition is so cheap!"

    Adds room and board, mandatory expensive books, lab/studio equipment, insurances, campus fees, fucking administrative costs

    "Oh fuck, that's a lot of damage."

    My private undergrad college gave me some grants but not before I bitched about leaving due to costs. I was one of the lucky 5% of grad students to land a TA position which covered half my grad school tuition (only 1yr position).

    I would not wish this on anyone and hope others get free education and forgiveness despite me being >50% paid off.

  6. #1546
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    51,583
    BG Level
    10

    Wifey still has school loan debt in the five figures from her BSN, and that was with the Post 9/11 GI Bill.

  7. #1547
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    34,902
    BG Level
    10

    This entire day's posts are really making my broom laugh.

  8. #1548
    Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    18,840
    BG Level
    9

    Also during the time when loans have been frozen I've been able to make several large purchases I would not have otherwise, thereby putting money I earn back into the economy instead of tossing it into a pit.

    Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

  9. #1549
    Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    8,973
    BG Level
    8

    Had the fortune of being a dependent of a disabled veteran. Tuition fees paid for and a monthly stipend from the state of California. Loans went towards rent and finished paying that off ($15k original principle) last year.

  10. #1550
    Day
    Day is offline
    IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    21,547
    BG Level
    10

    I just pay my debts like a normal human being, not sure why i'm being made out to be a villain lol, this is just normal adult stuff, no one held a gun to anyones head to take these loans.

  11. #1551
    Day
    Day is offline
    IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    21,547
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    I agreed to take on $180,000 to pay for law school. By the time I was out of school and passed the bar that was $250,000. I've been paying it off every month (save for the time it's been on hold) since then and have gotten it down to just $330,000.

    Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
    doesn't seem like a good investment at all

  12. #1552
    I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    21,264
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Quote Originally Posted by Day View Post
    doesn't seem like a good investment at all
    Yeah, it's almost like our education system is designed to only benefit the rich who can afford to not take out loans.

  13. #1553
    Day
    Day is offline
    IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    21,547
    BG Level
    10

    if we are going to forgive debt lets do medical first IMO

  14. #1554
    I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    21,264
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Quote Originally Posted by Day View Post
    if we are going to forgive debt lets do medical first IMO
    whynotboth.gif

  15. #1555
    Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    18,840
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Day View Post
    I just pay my debts like a normal human being, not sure why i'm being made out to be a villain lol, this is just normal adult stuff, no one held a gun to anyones head to take these loans.
    No, of course not, just said that they would amount to nothing and every meaningful job in the market would be cut off from them, but you are absolutely correct, no one forced them to take out high-interest loans that can't be discharged and start accruing while still in school starting at 18.

    Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

  16. #1556
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,824
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    whynotboth.gif

    Edit: FUCK YOU KASLO

  17. #1557
    Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    18,840
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Day View Post
    doesn't seem like a good investment at all
    Depends on how you look at it. I make close to $120k a year on average. Would I have that without my law degree? Probably not, honestly. In my prior field in my area I would have probably capped out at just over half that much, but with no debt. Now I have that and potential for much more, but in exchange I have to toss $1000 in a hole every month only to see my debt increase and prevent me from ever owning my own home, which, as I understand, is a desirable thing for the economy.

    Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

  18. #1558
    Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    18,840
    BG Level
    9

    Eventually I will make enough money that I don't miss the lost whatever it is every month, but I won't ever forget the times when I did.

    Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

  19. #1559
    Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    18,840
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Day View Post
    if we are going to forgive debt lets do medical first IMO
    I would agree, I would love to see what wretched bullshit talking point you would regurgitate for this to make it seem like people should just know better than to get sick or hurt.

    Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

  20. #1560
    Day
    Day is offline
    IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    21,547
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    I would agree, I would love to see what wretched bullshit talking point you would regurgitate for this to make it seem like people should just know better than to get sick or hurt.

    Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
    Why would I do that lmao, I made the suggestion

Page 78 of 150 FirstFirst ... 28 68 76 77 78 79 80 88 128 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Predisent Donald J. Trump: Episode VI: Return of the Wall
    By 6souls in forum Politics: Advanced Shitposting
    Replies: 3027
    Last Post: 2018-09-26, 13:52