Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast
Results 321 to 340 of 352
  1. #321
    Vil
    Vil is offline

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    4,435
    BG Level
    7

    lmao the song during the Fessy montage and all that. Beautiful.

  2. #322
    Vil
    Vil is offline

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    4,435
    BG Level
    7

    That was probably the best designed final in forever. War of the Worlds 1 was a good final, but it was kind of too intense to its own detriment. This had plenty of difficulty, but also felt like it was a good balance overall... even if the checkpoints weren't almost all repeats of things they did this season.

    The problem is that I can't remember there being such a lack of drama. For 2nd place, sure. They hadn't sold me on Leroy or Cory winning this season coming into tonight. Leroy seemed to be getting that golden edit for his final season, and Cory's was basically a slightly improved version of last season, nothing more. The only twist I could have seen would have been if Kam won with CT. Getting "lost"... yeah, ok. That probably slowed them down all of 30 seconds.

    But hey, the scenery was great at least. This season had so much potential and fell off the rails hard at some points, but I'll probably remember it somewhat positively. Maybe that's because the final reminded me of Death Stranding.

  3. #323
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    51,525
    BG Level
    10

    Happy Cory got second. We all know Kam gonna toss a bone to Leroy, if she hasn’t already with the opening of his barber shop, so I’d rather Cory take some cash home too.

    Also agreed on the final. One of the best designed finals in recent memory. God damn Amber is an endurance beast. No way CT was going to swap partners at that point.

  4. #324
    Vil
    Vil is offline

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    4,435
    BG Level
    7

    Cory deserved something simply for the confessional where he's like "put Fessy's confessional in this corner about how he would have won if he wasn't held back" and then basically gives a word-for-word rundown of it.

  5. #325
    GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    25,823
    BG Level
    10

    Good final, happy with the result

    Looking forward to see Fessy getting made fun of and making an ass of himself in the reunion

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

  6. #326
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    5,930
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Vil View Post
    Cory deserved something simply for the confessional where he's like "put Fessy's confessional in this corner about how he would have won if he wasn't held back" and then basically gives a word-for-word rundown of it.
    One step ahead of you. I thought about doing it with the puking compilation set up last week, this was absolutely worth it.

    Congrats to Vil on the season win. I don't think the standings have changed in a month, and this didn't switch it up much, although it made it a little closer.

    General Notes:
    Spoiler: show
    Previously on the challenge was … TJ.
    Prediction: Fessy and Kaycee eliminated. CT & Amber win, Kam & Cory 2nd, Leroy & Nany 3rd.
    Nany is about to get down on one day? Is she proposing? Praying? Offering head?
    CT and Amber B with the right decision.
    This is where *you* could catch up, Leroy. Not so sure about Nany.
    Is Fessy finally eating? He did take a bite and immediately spit it out, so maybe?
    Do they even know where they are kayaking to? They haven't shown us a target destination, which they usually do.
    Oh that's some cold ass water, that can't be good.
    What is this extended preview for Match Me If You Can?
    Match Me If You Can works in print, but not in speech. Match and Catch Don't Rhyme.
    "We have found your match" amongst this group of D-list reality contestants.
    Well, If that Ashley thing is the entire ad break, I'll take it.
    Aneesa: "Fessy's a bitch."
    Kaycee is a trooper.
    Boys Don't Cry is a great song choice here.
    Where is Kam's grandmother currently located?
    Doesn't almost every final have a kayak phase? I think that might be an additional skill that challengers should practice.
    This is ice cave is cool as hell.
    Cory absolutely nailing Fessy. I love his new "Put the Clip Right Here" shtick.
    Yeah, if they want to make Match Me if You Can excerpts all commericals, I'm OK with this.
    But that's probably the only way I watch this show.
    I hope CT stays here. But he might switch for Kam.
    I was hoping Kam and Leroy would end up on one team, though.
    Only a 3 minute head start for CT & Amber after finishing way in advance the day before? I hate that.
    This blurring effect on the glacier cameras is throwing me off.
    After Match Me if You Can, we go back to Skyrim…
    They didn't get any food over night, did they? That seems harsh.
    MTV is having a Chauvin Verdict special? Is MTV News making a return? Can we get Kurt Loder back?
    Battle for second is close. CT & Amber seem way ahead.
    What amazing views on this final. Holy shit.
    I love that Amber B is gassing out CT.
    Kam seems to not be giving a shit about Leroy being right here and giving him a second place.
    Did you know this was Leroy's last season?
    This "can't find the arrow" feels like misdirection.
    AmBer is the most unlikely challenge champ … ever?
    Other than Fessy, everyone actually looked really good on the final.
    Glad there is an actual finish line here and not TJ announcing who won.
    Holy shit, a tear from Kam, that's a first, I think.
    How many seasons until Leroy comes back? Or will he just show up on All-Stars?
    Also glad one person from each sex won.
    Great final. All times mattered. No doubt about falsifying times. Karma bit Fessy.
    AmBer got slept on. She lucked into a Hall Brawl against the two smallest girls in the house,
    so people clearly underestimated her. Which absolutely worked in her favor. Good for her.


    Scoring:
    Spoiler: show
    Cory puking (5)
    Fessy puking, I guess (5)
    Fessy and Kaycee timed out in the final (-5)
    Fessy refusing to eat fast enough and then blaming Kaycee is a bitch move (-10 commish points)
    Kaycee crying (5)
    Cory with the Fessy confessional gets commish points (10)
    CT and Amber B win the challenge (100)
    Cory and Kam take second place (50)
    Leroy and Nany take third place (25)
    Kam crying (5)
    Kam with just a hint of cleavage is enough (5)


    Final Standings:
    Spoiler: show
    Vil 715
    Xno Kappa 615
    Headspace 510
    Moss 465
    Byrd 395


    Contestant Scoring for the Season:
    Spoiler: show
    Amber B 280 XNO
    CT 280 BYRD
    Kam 235 HEAD
    Cory 205 MOSS
    Aneesa 190 VIL
    Leroy 190 VIL
    Big T 175 VIL
    Kaycee 175 MOSS
    Fessy 170 XNO
    Nany 160 VIL
    Kyle 135 BYRD
    Gabby 125 XNO
    Josh 120 HEAD
    Devin 105 XNO
    Darrell 95 HEAD
    Nam 55 MOSS
    Amber M 50 HEAD
    Theresa 50 BYRD
    Tori 40 MOSS
    Jay 35 MOSS
    Liv 35 HEAD
    Lolo 35 VIL
    Natalie 35 HEAD
    Nicole 25 XNO
    Mechie 20 BYRD
    Nelson 15 VIL
    Wes 15 XNO
    Ashley 10 BYRD
    Joseph 10 MOSS
    Lio 0 BYRD


    Overall, I thought it was a really good season, if a little light on drama. I think with the athletic focus of the show, we're likely to see less fighting and hookups than we used to, plus the $$$ amount completely refocuses things. $450k is a life changing amount of money for anyone on this show. We had a villain in Fessy who was properly served his comeuppance, we had the underdog story of Amber B, the champ-we-root-for in CT, the guy we wanted to win but are mostly OK that didn't in Leroy. Cory's kids got some money. The All-Stars is on to tide us over until we get around to Season 37.

    The two champs were drafted 10th and 25th overall. The #1 overall pick went out first (even though she came back for a bit). I don't think anyone here is reading spoilers, and I like that.

  7. #327
    Vil
    Vil is offline

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    4,435
    BG Level
    7

    All Stars still cruising along though since this is a truncated season I am kind of wondering how they're going to handle things.

    Spoiler: show
    Rope relay challenge, very good, and I like the sabotage thing. The only issue is that it feels like it's a challenge that is extremely hard to make a comeback on. Maybe the teams weren't balanced well (I wasn't really paying attention to that), but take that Derrick-Nehemiah matchup. Derrick narrowly beats Nehemiah and instead of it being basically a short lead on time, it effectively became a 2-person swing.

    Beth automatically going in and Katie volunteering is a goddamn nightmare. The boot list besides Trishelle has been terrible, so I'm used to it. Thankfully Mark Long wants to be the star of the show. Kind of disappointed that he didn't sit there and try to give off some misinformation/conflicting deals to see if people would leak info or something. Promising everybody they're safe and planning to renege on one of them? Boring!

    Kendal's entire run on this season is hilarious to me. It's not even that she's oblivious to all this stuff, but she just kind of sloppily does all the wrong things while still staying in the game by one way or another. My hope in 2 weeks is that one of these women that is super pressed by her but also terrified of her ends up being automatically in the arena and is like "guys, I know we've been saying to vote Kendal no matter what, but let's change that!"

    Arissa went 0-100 in an instant. I know they were planting some seeds in the episode but I didn't think it was leading to that!


  8. #328
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    5,930
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    First, did anyone else listen to Bill Simmons' podcast?

    Bill threw out a proposed format for a season which is Team CT vs. Team Bananas. But the important part is that it is not a schoolyard pick. Bananas and CT have to recruit players like a college football coach. They fly from city to city and pitch to their potential players on joining their team. Maybe both of them start with Wes in KC, and then Bananas flies to Houston to try to talk Leroy into coming back while CT tries to convince Alton to come out of retirement. This goes on until they each have their full team of people. The first episode of the season follows Bananas & CT flying all over the country to try to talk players into joining their team. While B-M would provide a list of ineligible players (Dee, Kenny, Camila, etc), Bananas and CT could pick from any other former challengers. If MTV required them to pick some rookies from a pre-determined list of other reality show contestants, they could do that. Even if they said no, we could see three minutes of footage from Evelyn, Landon, and other retired people who couldn't do it, but would still listen to their pitch.

    If they wanted to get really devious, their appearance fees could be part of a salary cap, giving Johnny & CT more negotiating room, although I doubt Bunim-Murray would want to point that out to the viewers.


    All Stars thoughts:

    Spoiler: show
    Why does a medallion in the house for past seasons read "The Cutthroat?" Wasn't it just "Cutthroat?"
    Not judging you for sleeping with Nehemiah, Jemmye. Judging you for your fashion choices, though.
    I hate to keep harping on this, but seeing Arissa makes me genuinely uncomfortable based on how thin she is. I really hope she's healthy.
    Katie: I've got everything down except heights over water. Next shot: challenge heights over water.
    Silver Team getting Darrell as the bonus 5th member is some pretty good luck.
    Kendal kept up with Alton pretty well.
    This feels like a challenge where the first team to pull a rope is only going to continue getting further ahead.
    Wilson Phillips' Hold On? Music editors are on point here, just like on Double Agents.
    Poor Jonna. She was so close, and that's probably the difference in this challenge.
    I actually really like this daily challenge. Good balance of skill and strategy.
    Katie is many things, one of which is straight forward.
    Is Mark going to use the Life Shield? Did Mark tell her he was going to use the Life Shield?
    I like the vote option post-Life Shield.
    I also love Darrell cussing out TJ for telling him he has to go first.
    Darrell did the right move, though, asking Beth who she wanted.
    Kendal voted for Aneesa? That was dumb, should have voted for Arissa, since she already had votes.
    Wait, Arissa voted for Kelly Anne? That was even dumber than what Kendal did. Arissa should have voted for Kendal since she already had votes.
    Guess none of it mattered, it was a blowout.
    I think Beth wins this, she looks to have a lot more physical strength. Could be wrong. Not sure who I am voting for here.
    Welp, guess that answers that.
    Derrick with the great sssssnake See Ya joke.
    Is Arissa a skilled boxer or something? I would have thought Beth could beat her at anything requiring strength.
    Well, TJ's quitter statement at the beginning wasn't either of the pre-season primary suspects.

  9. #329
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    5,930
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    I figure we can keep this thread going for All-Stars from this point forward, and wait until Season 37 to start a new thread.

    Is anyone holding off on watching All-Stars, and wants us to keep the discussion in spoilers? I don't have a problem doing it, it just seems unnecessary if there is no need.

  10. #330
    GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    25,823
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Byrd View Post
    First, did anyone else listen to Bill Simmons' podcast?

    Bill threw out a proposed format for a season which is Team CT vs. Team Bananas. But the important part is that it is not a schoolyard pick. Bananas and CT have to recruit players like a college football coach. They fly from city to city and pitch to their potential players on joining their team. Maybe both of them start with Wes in KC, and then Bananas flies to Houston to try to talk Leroy into coming back while CT tries to convince Alton to come out of retirement. This goes on until they each have their full team of people. The first episode of the season follows Bananas & CT flying all over the country to try to talk players into joining their team. While B-M would provide a list of ineligible players (Dee, Kenny, Camila, etc), Bananas and CT could pick from any other former challengers. If MTV required them to pick some rookies from a pre-determined list of other reality show contestants, they could do that. Even if they said no, we could see three minutes of footage from Evelyn, Landon, and other retired people who couldn't do it, but would still listen to their pitch.

    If they wanted to get really devious, their appearance fees could be part of a salary cap, giving Johnny & CT more negotiating room, although I doubt Bunim-Murray would want to point that out to the viewers.


    All Stars thoughts:

    Spoiler: show
    Why does a medallion in the house for past seasons read "The Cutthroat?" Wasn't it just "Cutthroat?"
    Not judging you for sleeping with Nehemiah, Jemmye. Judging you for your fashion choices, though.
    I hate to keep harping on this, but seeing Arissa makes me genuinely uncomfortable based on how thin she is. I really hope she's healthy.
    Katie: I've got everything down except heights over water. Next shot: challenge heights over water.
    Silver Team getting Darrell as the bonus 5th member is some pretty good luck.
    Kendal kept up with Alton pretty well.
    This feels like a challenge where the first team to pull a rope is only going to continue getting further ahead.
    Wilson Phillips' Hold On? Music editors are on point here, just like on Double Agents.
    Poor Jonna. She was so close, and that's probably the difference in this challenge.
    I actually really like this daily challenge. Good balance of skill and strategy.
    Katie is many things, one of which is straight forward.
    Is Mark going to use the Life Shield? Did Mark tell her he was going to use the Life Shield?
    I like the vote option post-Life Shield.
    I also love Darrell cussing out TJ for telling him he has to go first.
    Darrell did the right move, though, asking Beth who she wanted.
    Kendal voted for Aneesa? That was dumb, should have voted for Arissa, since she already had votes.
    Wait, Arissa voted for Kelly Anne? That was even dumber than what Kendal did. Arissa should have voted for Kendal since she already had votes.
    Guess none of it mattered, it was a blowout.
    I think Beth wins this, she looks to have a lot more physical strength. Could be wrong. Not sure who I am voting for here.
    Welp, guess that answers that.
    Derrick with the great sssssnake See Ya joke.
    Is Arissa a skilled boxer or something? I would have thought Beth could beat her at anything requiring strength.
    Well, TJ's quitter statement at the beginning wasn't either of the pre-season primary suspects.
    I did and think that idea has a lot of potential. BS mentioned that CT and Bananas would be safe for the entire season with this format, comparing it to Ultimate Fighter where they're building their team leading up to the final.

    I think it's more interesting if they *can* get eliminated. Maybe only after getting unseated as the captain? e.g., the team can vote a new captain which protects that person and makes the previous captain now eligible for elimination

    Otherwise I think you run into issues where CT and Bananas are going to have a priority list in their head of who they want to last the entire game on their team and slowly work up the list. Although perhaps that's solved by using one of the old formats where the teams pick someone from the opposing team to go into elimination

    Either way, I think if CT and Bananas are guaranteed safe the whole time, they shouldn't be allowed to compete. Maybe they can function as coaches and they still get a slice of the final reward
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrd View Post
    I figure we can keep this thread going for All-Stars from this point forward, and wait until Season 37 to start a new thread.

    Is anyone holding off on watching All-Stars, and wants us to keep the discussion in spoilers? I don't have a problem doing it, it just seems unnecessary if there is no need.
    Seeing as no one has said otherwise yet, I think it's safe to start posting unspoiled starting with the next episode (5)

    All stars ep4

    Spoiler: show
    y'all covered it already but it was a cool daily in theory that didn't work quite as well in practice. Although I think the teams did a shitty job warning their people that they're about to lose a rope. Would've worked better if there were multiple high and low ropes, so it isn't as impactful when you lose the first 1-2 ropes

    Embarrassing display from Arissa. As I always say, people complaining about people playing the game as intended are the worst. The irony is it was one of the least backstabby and most straightforward selections ever: Mark didn't know it would be a vote. Most people voted per Beth to stir the least drama. Also Arissa is an easy vote because of shit social game and politicking.

    She wasn't even able to get properly berated by TJ. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO


    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

  11. #331
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    5,930
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    I did and think that idea has a lot of potential. BS mentioned that CT and Bananas would be safe for the entire season with this format, comparing it to Ultimate Fighter where they're building their team leading up to the final.

    I think it's more interesting if they *can* get eliminated. Maybe only after getting unseated as the captain? e.g., the team can vote a new captain which protects that person and makes the previous captain now eligible for elimination
    I think a compromise of that would work. CT and Bananas could be safe until either there are twice as many guys on their team as there are spots in the final (i.e. if 3 guys from each team are safe, CT and Bananas are safe until there are 5 guys left on their team, meaning they'd be the 6th, giving them a hypothetical 50% chance to make the final.). Alternatively, CT and Bananas could sacrifice their immunity if they wanted to actually be able to vote, which they wouldn't be able to do while immune. Alternatively, if they do get to the end without ever being vulnerable, they should be given a reduced share of the pie and not the Champion title for that season.

    Without objections, I will leave out spoiler tags for All-Stars starting with after this coming episode (episode 5). And there are supposedly only 10 episodes this season, that's a lot of people to eliminate in short order.

  12. #332
    Vil
    Vil is offline

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    4,435
    BG Level
    7

    It's 10? I'd read 9, which was what led me to my comment last week. Possible that it's 9+reunion and both are right.

    As for the Bananas/CT thing, absolutely terrible. I think it's hilarious that I can imagine the joy in BS's eyes while just talking about a hypothetical season, but it's a horrible idea to do.

  13. #333
    Vil
    Vil is offline

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    4,435
    BG Level
    7

    The odd episode # boot list on All Stars continues to be absolutely terrible. Syrus with an injured ankle? Yeah, he was probably on borrowed time. He probably would have been fed to Eric if he gets last in one of these, which would have been even worse. The other part of that though and a twist at the elimination? That was just dirty, and not in the "haha dirty game Teej" fun way. Beth getting pulled into that in that manner and sent packing is such bs.

  14. #334
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    5,930
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Vil View Post
    Beth getting pulled into that in that manner and sent packing is such bs.
    Yeah, I wasn't happy about that when TJ had specifically stated at the daily that it was a men's elimination. If he had left it unclear and let people make the assumption, that's one thing. This was deliberately misleading. I know they really needed to accelerate eliminations, and eliminating two people an episode needed to happen. But that wasn't the way to make the transition.

    That being said, Beth actually really impressed me this year. I figured she was the quitter and going to be a house troublemaker, but she wasn't at all. She was actually quite pleasant to have around. I'd like to see her back again for sure; I certainly would not have predicted me having that opinion before the season started.

    Alton gassing out on the daily was definitely a surprise. He definitely returned to Superman form in the elimination, though. I can't imagine Syrus and Beth coming close to Alton and Aneesa even if Syrus was healthy.

    KellyAnne was very happy and surprised that Alton didn't pick her. I was too, for that matter. Her or Kendal seemed like the obvious choices, although perhaps Alton figured brute strength was what he needed.

  15. #335
    Vil
    Vil is offline

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    4,435
    BG Level
    7

    I tuned in for a few minutes of the aftershow. Few things from what I caught:

    1. That elimination was on Beth's birthday.

    2. After all the other teams finished with that part of the challenge, Syrus told Beth that he's color blind.

    3. Derrick said that Alton was claiming once they got back to the house that they gave him shoes that were too small. That's why he sucked at that. Uh, ok.

  16. #336
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    5,930
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Vil View Post
    3. Derrick said that Alton was claiming once they got back to the house that they gave him shoes that were too small. That's why he sucked at that. Uh, ok.
    I see he went to the Lolo Jones school of taking responsibility.

  17. #337
    GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    25,823
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Byrd View Post
    Yeah, I wasn't happy about that when TJ had specifically stated at the daily that it was a men's elimination. If he had left it unclear and let people make the assumption, that's one thing. This was deliberately misleading. I know they really needed to accelerate eliminations, and eliminating two people an episode needed to happen. But that wasn't the way to make the transition.

    That being said, Beth actually really impressed me this year. I figured she was the quitter and going to be a house troublemaker, but she wasn't at all. She was actually quite pleasant to have around. I'd like to see her back again for sure; I certainly would not have predicted me having that opinion before the season started.

    Alton gassing out on the daily was definitely a surprise. He definitely returned to Superman form in the elimination, though. I can't imagine Syrus and Beth coming close to Alton and Aneesa even if Syrus was healthy.

    KellyAnne was very happy and surprised that Alton didn't pick her. I was too, for that matter. Her or Kendal seemed like the obvious choices, although perhaps Alton figured brute strength was what he needed.
    I've always been something of a Beth stan. She's a great villain in all of her seasons but seemingly without really doing much aside from not kissing up to everyone. Always respected her self-confidence and not worrying about the mean girls coming for her

    I'm cool with the 2v2 format but agree using it as a twist was BS. It's going to put a ton of strong players at risk

    Really impressed with this season in general. Great design on most of the dailies and eliminations and really good casting. There are going to be some elimination bloodbaths once Easy is eliminated as the last easy target, because the dude's side is stacked

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

  18. #338
    Vil
    Vil is offline

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    4,435
    BG Level
    7

    All Stars? This boot list... pain. They do such a good job with the rest of the show that I do forget about that for a while, at least. I really got my hopes up after the first heat they showed in that elimination too.

    Really good challenge concept, though it's very weird that they didn't have some edited in voice-over about the rules because how the hell do you come up with a last place team when 3 teams got 0? Most pieces placed correct is about the only thing I could think of.

    This was the 2nd time Katie volunteered, right? One I can give a pass to, but a second time? I don't know. I think it's an interesting concept where you'll have the guys this week and the ladies next week playing the "oh, please don't pick me" thing and I'm glad to only see it twice. Last week really didn't get that, and I'm cool with this being in the "not sure if I like it or not" zone. Some people do end up on some weak teams, but you can always be a captain and win the challenge.

    Elimination apparently took like 90 minutes. I wonder how much of that time was resetting the ropes. These types of eliminations usually tend to go long, and there was at least one split round.

    I'd say Mark's going to regret admitting he threw the elimination to Bananas, but I'm sure he's so far beyond giving a crap. That whole crew all did the profit sharing back then and I'm pretty sure they've been open about it.

  19. #339
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    5,930
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    • All-Stars Thoughts:
    • Katie: "Unlike most people on the Challenge, I'm very self-aware..." She's not wrong.
    • TJ calling out his own pun is pretty dumb, but kind of awesome because it's TJ.
    • I like the strategy of this, deciding who has the last time and balancing that against skill. Do you try to get all four and put your best first? Or get somewhere in the middle?
    • Big Easy's Gauntlet 3 thumbnail pic is maybe the worst thumbnail I've seen. I know he was very fat at the time, but still, they could have done him a favor and picked a different one.
    • Big Easy - surprisingly good at puzzles. Is that new, or had I just forgotten?
    • Jisela stressing how confident she is she did it right, and they keep showing her staying that. She screwed up, didn't she?
    • Poor Katie. They made the right decision putting her first, though.
    • Oh, the upside-down puzzle is an interesting twist. Curious how they'll rule it.
    • If they didn't say you had to have your puzzle a certain way (and Kendal said they didn't), I don't think it's fair to say it has to be a vertical letter.
    • Nominating someone who will choose her partner is a really interesting strategic dilemma. Definitely is likely to pull the better players into elimination much more often. Would like to see something like this on the normal Challenge in lieu of the skull twist.
    • I like Kendal, but I kind of want Mark Long to lose just because he's an Executive Producer.
    • Katie wants to go in? What? Maybe she's collected her appearance fee, realizes that she can't win a final, and is ready to go. Of course, she'll end up taking someone with her when she goes.
    • The way Jisela is talking, it feels a little bit like alliances are falling largely along racial lines.
    • Laterrian seems like a very stand up guy.
    • Katie has a huge advantage here in that she can see the challenge before picking a guy.
    • Tug of War - Laterrian seems like the guy over Yes, since those seem to be her two options.
    • I feel like Kendal is always going to beat Katie, and Mark and Laterrian might push, so I think Kendal/Mark will win.
    • Well, it didn't take long to prove me wrong about Kendal winning every time.
    • I wonder if there were some split heats here, and they just edited them out.
    • Laterrian and Katie are definitely both people I would like to see again.
    • Going straight to the final after next week? That would leave six people of each sex left for the final, seems like a lot. I guess a two week final could have a couple of purges in there somewhere. And didn't they say there was only one winner, regardless of gender? Something isn't adding up.

  20. #340
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    51,525
    BG Level
    10

    Man they cut so much drama and hook ups from double agents according to the reunion lol. I was robbed of a championship!

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The Challenge 25: Free Agents
    By Byrd in forum Bentertainment Geekly
    Replies: 160
    Last Post: 2014-12-20, 11:09