No he's got a point. I'm sick of old white people, I want to see more old brown people. We all know old Asians are a myth to collect retirement money after they die.
Also why can't he be right but for all the wrong reasons.
You're going to have more BIPOC deaths if you vaccinate frontline workers over the elderly first. They're overthinking this.
Pence got the jab
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1339921797471498243
Do either of those dudes actually work for the CDC?
Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
https://twitter.com/latimes/status/1339952309950840837
And in no shock, concierge doctors being inundated by clients who want the vaccine asap.
They’re offering tens of thousands of dollars in cash, making their personal assistants pester doctors every day, and asking whether a five-figure donation to a hospital would help them jump the line.
The COVID-19 vaccine is here — and so are the wealthy people who want it first.
“We get hundreds of calls every single day,” said Dr. Ehsan Ali, who runs Beverly Hills Concierge Doctor. His clients, who include Ariana Grande and Justin Bieber, pay between $2,000 and $10,000 a year for personalized care. “This is the first time where I have not been able to get something for my patients.”
...
Dr. Jeff Toll, who has admitting privileges at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, one of the first hospitals to stock the vaccine, recalled a patient asking: “If I donate $25,000 to Cedars, would that help me get in line?’” Toll said no.
Watchdogs have been warning that the COVID-19 vaccine’s initial scarcity could create a thriving black market, particularly if well-connected people in the healthcare industry skim off a few doses here and there for friends, family or the highest bidder.
...
Concierge practices are fielding frantic, repeated phone calls from well-heeled clients and their assistants. They’re busy assembling lengthy patient files with medical histories and potential COVID-19 risks.
And they’re snapping up expensive, ultra-low temperature freezers, which are in short supply, to store the Pfizer and BioNTech vaccine, which must be kept at minus 94 degrees Fahrenheit.
jfc the replies to that tweet are fucking retarded.
Just delete Twitter.
Quoting this because I'm two articles behind at this point.
Okay I won't get superSERIAL on you guys because I know most of you non-Milkieboys are joking, but like fellas, draw a line SOMEWHERE. Its clear as day what he meant and its clear as day he is in the wrong. That man should not be in any position of power especially in regards to the medical field, he has murdered the Hippocratic Oath with talk like that and it should disgust you regardless of where you stand.
Like if he was saying this about Black People I'd be every bit as disgusted as I am now that he, as a MD, is talking like that. FELLAS i have faith in you to know that the intent there is wrong. Meet me halfway.
Oh, well... please explain cause I like having all the information and not none of it, and you are the best person to ask I think.
If the CDC is prioritizing minority vaccinations then they should probably start working on outreach to convince them they aren't going to be used as guinea pigs like every other time they've been asked to take part in large medical programs in the US
There is a reason BIPOC are way more skeptical of this shit and it's 100% fucking justified
First of all, the doctor in that article is a PhD. He's a professor of ethics. Second, what he said appears to be taken far out of context.
The CDC isn't advocating for eugenics. It doesn't even appear to suggest old people should not get anything at all. How it reads to me is that by giving the vaccine to essential workers first, you're enabling saving lives directly versus the elderly, who are predominately white, and who have better health outcomes in general.
It's completely disingenuous to suggest that a non medical doctor is advocating this and even moreso to suggest the CDC and associated doctors think old white people should die.
Giving the vaccine to essential workers also opens up hospital beds. Because there are less sick staff.
If you reduce, possibly even nearly eliminate symptomatic COVID in medical staff and the elderly the likelihood of hospitals being overwhelmed is basically zero. Just that subsection of the population alone will have an absolutely enormous positive effect on medical outcomes.
Anyways here's a real news story worthy of actual concern.
https://twitter.com/LEBassett/status...697909250?s=19
"You want me to concede? I'll concede everything!"
Like, they don't fucking need directions. Just look at the cdc data and send it.
Sorry, I hate that fucker with unbridled passion but they don't need instructions.