View Poll Results: What is your 2020 Game of the Year?

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim (PS4)

    0 0%
  • Animal Crossing: New Horizons (NSW)

    4 5.80%
  • Assassin's Creed Valhalla (PC/PS4/XB1/Stadia)

    1 1.45%
  • Cyberpunk 2077 (PC/PS4/XB1/Stadia)

    0 0%
  • Demon's Souls (PS5)

    3 4.35%
  • DOOM Eternal (PC/PS4/XB1/NSW/Stadia)

    2 2.90%
  • Dreams (PS4)

    0 0%
  • Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout (PC/PS4/Mobile)

    0 0%
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS4)

    17 24.64%
  • Genshin Impact (PC/PS4/NSW/Mobile)

    5 7.25%
  • Ghost of Tsushima (PS4)

    10 14.49%
  • Hades (PC/NSW)

    19 27.54%
  • The Last of Us Part II (PS4)

    5 7.25%
  • Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales (PS4/PS5)

    0 0%
  • Nioh 2 (PC/PS4)

    0 0%
  • Paper Mario: The Origami King (NSW)

    0 0%
  • Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin (PC/PS4/NSW)

    0 0%
  • Trials of Mana (PC/PS4/NSW)

    0 0%
  • World of Warcraft: Shadowlands (PC)

    0 0%
  • Yakuza: Like a Dragon (PC/PS4/XB1)

    3 4.35%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 46
  1. #21
    It's all dicks and airplanes
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,310
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

    lol Among Us was some of the most fun I've had during all of this. Great time trying to gigabrain your friends while trying to hide your sociopathic behavior.

    Hazbin was one of the best things I've seen in a long, long time. Big fan.

  2. #22
    GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    25,823
    BG Level
    10

    Hmmm sounds like I need to download Hades lest I keep playing Slay the Spire for the rest of my life

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

  3. #23
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,399
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Yeah, as biased as I am towards FF7, the remake was good, but I would prefer waiting until the whole game is out before really deciding on it.

    Hades was easily the biggest surprise of the year for me though. I never really got hooked on a rogue like game before, but that game just felt like perfection for that genre. Interesting characters, great music, great voice acting, great art style, fun gameplay, etc.

    I'd maybe put Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity as runner up, just because I loved the first one, and this gave me more of that.

  4. #24
    Resident Moogle
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    13,217
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    THPS1+2 probably my GOTY in terms of time spent enjoying it vs. the number of hours I put in. As far as poll goes, only thing on that list I even played (well, still am) is Yakuza 7, so I guess that's my vote by default.

  5. #25
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,779
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    FFVIIR gets it for me, not because it's the best game on the list, but because it fulfilled those dreams from 15~ years ago. Being 18 and watching Advent Children, I couldn't help but think about a game that played that way. Like any generational jump, I couldn't even fathom what something like that would be like at the time. They got far closer to that sort of play than I would have thought they would. While it's far from perfect, or even the best game this year, for me, nothing else hit the highs it did.

    It aside, I'd prolly go with Ghost of Tsushima.

  6. #26
    Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    58,130
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

    I've only played Fall Guys... I need to starts Ghosts soon...

    Also, Among Us has been a lot of fun with friends

  7. #27
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,850
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    I've only played 3 titles from the list... need to step up my game(ing).

    But wth, something like Aegis Rim is here but not Cold Steel 4, I call rigged election O wait, just realised the original release of CS4 was in 2018, haha.

  8. #28
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5,090
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

    I voted for TLOU but come on..




  9. #29

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    24,304
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    The only new games I have played this year were FFVIIR, Persona 5 Royal, and AC Valhalla. Of those, I would vote for P5R but it’s not on the list. I’ll give Cyberpunk a go this week and perhaps that will emerge victorious.

  10. #30
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,812
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Well it looks like the race is between FF7R and Hades. So I'm gonna skip waiting on Cyberpunk and vote Hades. As much as I loved FF7R for the nostalgia, Hades was just a perfect game.

  11. #31
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    32,101
    BG Level
    10

    Hades is everything a great game should be, but then it should win game of the year because it's all of that, and still only $25 full price. It's just too good to pass up

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

  12. #32
    Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    58,130
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

    Immortals Fenyx Rising (just started last night) is hella fun so far

  13. #33
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    70,412
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries
    9

    I've only played Fall Guys & Genshin on that list, so I gave it to Genshin. Personally, my GOTY for new releases would be C&C Remastered.

  14. #34
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    32,101
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Cail View Post
    Immortals Fenyx Rising (just started last night) is hella fun so far
    Get the fuck out of here with this lol

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

  15. #35
    Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    58,130
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

    I didnt say it was game of the year, but its a good game and one of the few new ones Ive played this year

  16. #36
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    51,546
    BG Level
    10

    People voting FF7R over Hades is everything that's wrong with gaming today.

  17. #37
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    5,930
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa
    People voting FF7R over Hades is everything that's wrong with gaming today.
    I'd like to play Hades, but I'm not going to vote for one I haven't played over one I have. Hoping it gets console release soon.

    Also, can we just move Cyberpunk 2077 to the 2021 BG Awards?

  18. #38
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,812
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by Byrd View Post
    I'd like to play Hades, but I'm not going to vote for one I haven't played over one I have. Hoping it gets console release soon.

    Also, can we just move Cyberpunk 2077 to the 2021 BG Awards?
    It's on Switch


    Also agreed with the Cyberpunk 2021 move.

  19. #39
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    32,101
    BG Level
    10

    Hades is on switch and PC, and is not a demanding game spec wise.

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

  20. #40
    Impossiblu
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,445
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Voting Hades. Haven't spent as much time on any other game this year and I still haven't finished all of the quests and achievements.

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    FF7 Remake
    You've been waiting all year for this haven't you

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 49
    Last Post: 2021-03-31, 11:15
  2. Replies: 39
    Last Post: 2019-12-24, 11:34
  3. Replies: 78
    Last Post: 2018-12-10, 10:52
  4. 2016 Blue Gartr Game of the Year Discussion Thread
    By Kaslo in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 2016-12-21, 15:14
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2010-08-11, 00:27