• Navigation
Page 33 of 118 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 83 ... LastLast
Results 641 to 660 of 2347
  1. #641
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,705
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    The knicks being good still feels like some weird fever dream I keep expecting to wake up from.

  2. #642
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    70,412
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries
    9

    https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...-chauvin-trial

    NBA is ready to cancel games depending on the Chauvin trial outcome.

  3. #643

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    21,994
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    The knicks being ok still feels like some weird fever dream I keep expecting to wake up from.

  4. #644
    Straight Ca$h Homie
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    10,942
    BG Level
    9

    Honestly I still can’t believe Julius has become the machine that he is but omg what a dope surprise that was

    Thibs really got the my boys playing well. I’m so hype rn

  5. #645

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    21,994
    BG Level
    10

    ye i don't think anyone expected Randle to go Super Saiyan Antoine Walker. dude is shooting 41% from 3 after 28% last year and doubled his assist average. exponentially better offensive player.

  6. #646
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,705
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Curry just his 6th game of the season with 10+ 3 pointers made, 21st such game of his career.

    Klay Thompson is second in career games of 10+ 3s with 5.


  7. #647

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    21,994
    BG Level
    10

    Curry at 31 + 6 a game at 49% / 43 % / 92 % lord have mercy.

  8. #648
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,459
    BG Level
    7

    Yeah, he's having an insane season. Comparable to unanimous MVP season, but this time with waaaay less spacing. So fucking fun to watch

  9. #649

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    21,994
    BG Level
    10

    i was debating this with some pals an i'll run it by you alls, you think Steph is going down as the greatest point guard of all time?

    i argued Magic is 1 right now and Stockton/Robertson are neck and neck for 2. Stockton will keep all the records cuz of longevity + is the best defender out of any of them, but he couldn't take over a game offensively like any of them, and Robertson stays put because he couldn't win a thing without Kareem.

    but Steph is for sure the greatest scoring force ever seen at the position, and his assist numbers are depressed because of the system emphasizing Draymond's exceptional playmaking. if he stays healthy for a few more years near his current level think he can overtake Magic (who would prolly be unovertakable but for the early retirement).

  10. #650
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,705
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    By the classic definition of the point guard role I think Stockton is untouchable, but I will always stan for that man because he played for Gonzaga (and is an eastern Washington native). Steph is quite possibly the deadliest off-ball threat the league has ever seen, which is obviously not something associated with the point guard position.

    But if you were in that scenario of trying to build the absolute greatest starting 5 possible, I would absolutely have Steph in there (because said team would obviously have Lebron on it and he'd be the primary ball handler)

  11. #651

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    21,994
    BG Level
    10

    i'd say he's the best off-ball threat ever yeah. Reggie and Ray Allen are close but Steph does so much screening off-ball to free up other people and has the deepest range of any of them. his gravity is obscene.

  12. #652
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,459
    BG Level
    7

  13. #653
    Kevin Chang
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10,681
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Yeah I think this is going to depend heavily on how strictly you consider position when you look at PGs. Curry is the best off-ball scoring threat PG we've ever seen, but Magic was literally a wizard when it comes to passing the rock. In the end I think most everyone values passing so highly for a PG it would be hard for Steph to unseat Magic.

    I agree with Krandor that creating the optimal dream team, Curry might overtake Magic due to fit with the other players filling other positions. But if you are doing a strict Top X for Position 1-5, Magic probably stays put atop the Pos-1 list.

  14. #654
    Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    21,329
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

    The problem is the way the two of them play, curry is a much better shooter but magic was better all around at the core of the position. I don't like positions and generalizing in basketball too much, too many players now are hybrids or perform multiple roles or something. Lebron is good example of this.

    Curry is on some kind of run right now. I was never a big fan but that was mostly due to not being a warriors KD superteam fan. And I don't know if I really dig his personality on camera or on court, I know he's different off so I'm good with that. Love how mvp conversation is so fluid, mostly due to injuries, but that a second half.

  15. #655
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,705
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    I think that's kinda what we're all saying.

    Using the always fun hypothetical about making a superteam, I think in any scenario where you have the PG position as the primary ball handler then it's down to Magic and Stockton, but if you're going to pass off ball handler duties to another position (Pippen/LeBron/Draymond) then Curry is the only choice.

  16. #656
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,116
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    prob most people agree

  17. #657
    Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    21,329
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

    Curry really is special, we're in a great era right now.

  18. #658
    Straight Ca$h Homie
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    10,942
    BG Level
    9

    I think the real question is where does Chris Paul fit into all of this?

    Best offensive PG: Curry
    Best all around: Magic
    Best floor general: Stockton although I can see CP usurping him

    I really think Chris Paul will end his career with a solid argument for top 3 all time.

  19. #659

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    21,994
    BG Level
    10

    i don't see much of an argument for Paul over Magic, Steph, Stockton, or Robertson. he's at best #5

  20. #660
    Straight Ca$h Homie
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    10,942
    BG Level
    9

    Say Chris Paul finished with 14k assists, and career averages of 17 / 9. I think that puts him ahead of Stockton, ESPECIALLY if he manages to win a ring in that time

Page 33 of 118 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 83 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 484
    Last Post: 2021-01-12, 10:37
  2. Replies: 348
    Last Post: 2020-12-22, 19:08
  3. Replies: 1819
    Last Post: 2020-10-23, 18:00
  4. Replies: 2239
    Last Post: 2019-06-15, 17:46
  5. Replies: 558
    Last Post: 2014-10-23, 17:14
  6. Replies: 2422
    Last Post: 2014-07-31, 02:16
  7. Replies: 1980
    Last Post: 2014-06-22, 10:43
  8. 2010-2011 NBA Season Thread
    By Rhinox in forum Sports
    Replies: 7624
    Last Post: 2011-07-23, 22:08