1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 0 hours, 6 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 23 hours, 53 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 4 days, 17 hours, 6 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 1 days, 16 hours, 53 minutes
Page 30 of 79 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast
Results 581 to 600 of 1569
  1. #581
    AoE
    AoE is offline
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    7,117
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    She's safe. She's always used as the official "main character rep" for XIV. They honestly need to keep her safe at this point, because the fake-outs are annoying at this point. Twice now, and we're out of ascian buddies to snap her back.
    Still got some Zenos asspulls as he goes full tsundere for the WoL.

  2. #582
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    51,738
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Sadly, I think the Scions are pretty much plot armored. Hell, I still expect some revival of Minfillia or even Ryne crossing over. That said, aside from Papalymo, friendly NPC deaths have largely come from those introduced within the expansion itself, or better fleshed out with a brief appearance prior. I think most of us are expecting Zenos trying to pull a Vegeta and truly dying, but he certainly wouldn't qualify as a Scion. My other thought would be Matoya stepping up to the plate, in part because it sounds like the Sharlayans want to be idiots with what little has been shown of them so far. Whipping out some forbidden or unknown magic, possibly restoring her youth for one final fight (and team up with Y'shtola for some master/pupil pseudo-mother/daughter feels), would be a badass way to go, imo. And to channel my inner Gulk for a moment, the fan art would be interesting.
    .
    The one request I have for Endwalker is a cutscene with Matoya completely owning the Sharlayans lol.

  3. #583
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15,654
    BG Level
    9

    I'm in.

  4. #584
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,853
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Yes, we definitely need that

  5. #585
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,907
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    In the media tour they mentioned making some improvements to the Trust system that they're hoping we'll be excited about, and I just realized we have enough NPC's with the correct classes to to Trials, too. I wonder if that's something they'll add.

    Alphinaud: Healer
    Urianger: Healer
    Alisae: DPS
    Y'shtola: DPS
    Ryne: DPS
    Estinien: DPS
    Thancred: Tank
    G'raha Tia: Anything

    Even if Ryne isn't useable in Endwalker, any class the player want to play as would slot in with the NPC's.

    The only issue is how tempering would work with the NPC, but now that we can cure tempering, I can easily see them adding some spell to make you immune to tempering in the storyline that would allow you to fight trials alongside your Trust NPC's.

  6. #586
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,853
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    From what I remember some people said that they improved the AI so that they use AoE more often and Thancred is supposedly better at grabbing additional mobs you pull. Not sure if the AoE thing matter though, out side of the "feel" you get when doing the dungeon - G'raha use AoE skills but his damage is adjusted anyway so that you don't really kill faster than with other Trusts. So, they might let trusts use AoEs, but they might keep the overall dungeon speed the same, just so that the feature remains a less attractive option exp/time wise.

    I'm also wondering if G'raha will remain omnirole or will they actually attach a specific role to him this time.

  7. #587
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,907
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Not sure. I think they'll keep him omnirole in case they have any other situations where they need to limit NPC option story-wise as it gives more flexibility. They might have him become a specific job later if they release a new job that fits him, though, but I don't think it'll happen this expansion.I'm more curious how they'll handle Alphinaud, whether he'll always be Sage from now on, or if you can choose to have him go as Scholar instead.

    I'm also curious whether levels are attached to the NPC itself, or role. Will you need to level G'raha Tia three times (once for each role), or do you only need to level him once?

    Edit: Then again, if they want Trust more flexible they could also add additional roles to other NPC's too, such as adding Rogue to Thancred and White Mage to Y'shtola, but I think that's less likely than leaving G'raha Tia as Omnirole. Speaking of adding roles, they'll need to make some improvements to Thandcred this expansion to make him more viable as a tank. Right now, Thancred won't use any Cartridge-based abilities without Ryne in the party to make him bullets. So unless they bring Ryne in from the First or give someone else the ability to make bullets for him, G'raha Tia will be a much better option as tank.

  8. #588
    Pseudo-Elitist
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    3,504
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    I think Urianger takes over the Cartridges outside of the first.

  9. #589
    Impossiblu
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,445
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Yshtola prolly does too, she throws him that sack of cartridges at the end of 5.3

  10. #590
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,907
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Oh right, I forgot that scene

  11. #591

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    24,327
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Data Center and World Status were updated. No more preferred worlds anywhere. Gonna be a full house for Endwalker looks like.

  12. #592
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,741
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Uzor View Post
    In the media tour they mentioned making some improvements to the Trust system that they're hoping we'll be excited about, and I just realized we have enough NPC's with the correct classes to to Trials, too. I wonder if that's something they'll add.

    Alphinaud: Healer
    Urianger: Healer
    Alisae: DPS
    Y'shtola: DPS
    Ryne: DPS
    Estinien: DPS
    Thancred: Tank
    G'raha Tia: Anything

    Even if Ryne isn't useable in Endwalker, any class the player want to play as would slot in with the NPC's.

    The only issue is how tempering would work with the NPC, but now that we can cure tempering, I can easily see them adding some spell to make you immune to tempering in the storyline that would allow you to fight trials alongside your Trust NPC's.
    I'd love this if they implemented it for Extreme content, just so I could learn certain mechanics without needing 7 other players and wasting others time.

  13. #593
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    17,291
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Data Center and World Status were updated. No more preferred worlds anywhere. Gonna be a full house for Endwalker looks like.
    Shit. And here I thought me cutting back on sleep the week early access start sounded kind of stupid. Might be a good idea after all.

  14. #594
    The Fucking Voice of Actually
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    11,057
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries
    6

    Like, I have the entire week the expansion launches off, not even requested, it's just how it is.
    But I do have Friday the 19th to work. It seems silly to try and get the day off, especially with my hours, but idk.

  15. #595
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,853
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    ShB launch was pretty smooth from what I remember, no issues like Raubahn extreme etc, but Endwalker is going to have a significantly higher playerbase when it hits, so it's interesting how well will S-E's infrastructure handle it now

  16. #596
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    7,123
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Cantih View Post
    Like, I have the entire week the expansion launches off, not even requested, it's just how it is.
    But I do have Friday the 19th to work. It seems silly to try and get the day off, especially with my hours, but idk.
    I wouldnt worry cus launch day will be just people trying to log in and server issues like usual

    ShB def was not smooth, I had to wait hours before even trying to get online.

  17. #597
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,907
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    It can't be worse than New World launch where the Europe servers had [d]days[/b] in queue, not hours. I think I still have an old screenshot of me being position 23000+ with it moving no more than 200 per hour.

  18. #598
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    51,738
    BG Level
    10

    Yikes!

    This will be my first expansion launch so I look forward to the excruciating experience of trying to login lol.

  19. #599

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    24,327
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Shadowbringers launch was smooth compared to Stormblood which was a disaster but ShB did have the long login ques and zone cap issues at start.

    Another pro tip, turn off shout/yell/say chat and leave the novice network chat if you don’t want story spoilers. There WILL be assholes out there who get their jollies by spoiling stuff for everyone.

  20. #600

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    24,327
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    SE updates their policies to combat RMT in the party finder. Abusing the party finder to advertise RMT or merc groups is now banned. SE has also publicly announced their “penalty points” system to explain how disciplinary actions are implemented on a case by case basis. The penalty points system has always been in place but was previously internal only. They announced there is also a penalty decay system where basically good behavior for a long amount of time will cause previous violations to drop off.

    They also updated their terms to prohibit stalking and harassment in game, and noted that they can and will use video obtained from outside sources in their investigation like YouTube and Twitch streams. Finally, they also indicated that restraining orders in the real world will ALSO be applicable in XIV and if determined that a violation has occurred in game, SE will turn over evidence to local law enforcement. Holy shit.

Page 30 of 79 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast