Page 112 of 151 FirstFirst ... 62 102 110 111 112 113 114 122 ... LastLast
Results 2221 to 2240 of 3019
  1. #2221
    Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    28,407
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Quote Originally Posted by Gredival View Post
    Identity changes over time. That's literally what growth is.

    Marriage is supposed to be a commitment to undertake that process together.
    Some people have different deal breakers than others. I couldn't stay married if my wife somehow became a MAGA cultist. Im sure she would bounce if I became a hard core Muslim.

  2. #2222
    Ayn
    Ayn is offline
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,299
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    I think it's really easy for people to say what they'd do in a situation until they're in it. I agree that some people have different deal breakers. However, folks on the outside might see 'yeah, clearly hardcore MAGA cultist' but it might manifest in different ways within it.

    Plus, sunk cost fallacy, etc.

  3. #2223

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    21,988
    BG Level
    10

    as with most insipid argumentation here the question is one of degree. if one goes from, say, not favoring a public healthcare option to favoring one that hardly constitutes grounds for separation. but if your formerly moderate spouse goes into deep state adrenochrome pizzagate Satanic-pedophiles-run-the-government insanity that constitutes a severe enough personality/identity shift to dissolve a relationship.

    a close high school friend of panda and mine's went off the deep end of conspiracy Q politics, allowing it to consume the entirety of his identity to the point of becoming an entirely different person. i imagine others here have had similar experiences, and while a painful progression to witness in a friend i can but imagine both the severity of losing a spouse to cult thought and the hopelessness of salvaging a relationship out of it.

  4. #2224
    Weaboo of the House of Weave
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,521
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    if I was married and my wife suddenly decided she sees the merits of the US privatized healthcare system I would be a bit confused but ultimately agree to disagree.

    if I was married and my wife suddenly decided she is a MAGA cultist I would question if she got a TBI without me knowing. Or was kidnapped and replaced by a doppelganger.

    edit: I wrote this post before reading above and seeing AG more or less said the same thing lol

  5. #2225
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    11,367
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    What, lmao.

    "If someone's views change end your relationship with them immediately" is a hot fucking take.

    I might agree with that if over time the relationship clearly isn't working but people need to stop with this binary thinking. Jesus.
    I don't think he was implying that if your significant other always liked mushroom pizza, then one day you come home with said pizza and they're like "actually I like sausage now" you slam the divorce papers down like a hammer....now if it was Hawaiian pizza that's a whole other thing.

  6. #2226
    Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    18,825
    BG Level
    9

    My current girlfriend is both lactose and gluten intolerant so pizza isn't even an option and I think about that every day.

    Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

  7. #2227

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    21,988
    BG Level
    10

    dump her immediately

  8. #2228

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    21,988
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    now if it was Hawaiian pizza that's a whole other thing.
    i want a divorce immediately

  9. #2229
    Ayn
    Ayn is offline
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,299
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    My current girlfriend is both lactose and gluten intolerant so pizza isn't even an option and I think about that every day.

    Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
    You never told me this.

    In part likely because my response would mirror AG's.

  10. #2230
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    34,889
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    I don't think he was implying that if your significant other always liked mushroom pizza, then one day you come home with said pizza and they're like "actually I like sausage now" you slam the divorce papers down like a hammer....now if it was Hawaiian pizza that's a whole other thing.
    I think there's a difference between "I used to agree with abortion now I don't" and "dude the lizard people are coming for us you're either with my own to kill all liberals or I'll murder you".

    My point was more that people do indeed change but a simple shift in views should not be enough to dissolve a marriage.

    What was previously stated by AG is kind of where I mean.

  11. #2231
    Tekki's Bitch
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    9,043
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    a close high school friend of panda and mine's went off the deep end of conspiracy Q politics
    mayhaps him getting $20M wasn't the best thing

  12. #2232
    Pied Piper of the Homos
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    7,406
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    I don't think he was implying that if your significant other always liked mushroom pizza, then one day you come home with said pizza and they're like "actually I like sausage now" you slam the divorce papers down like a hammer....now if it was Hawaiian pizza that's a whole other thing.
    Yeah, this. I guess I needed to put "if they're no longer" instead. He's trying to come down because he's of the mindset you should endure abuse and shitty relationships cause they're family Re: Tyche and his Q-anon mother ending with him sleeping on the couch due to remark he made about his now wife giving him oral sex.

  13. #2233
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,863
    BG Level
    10

    I'm going to say you shouldn't talk to your inlaws about their daughter sucking your cock as a rule

  14. #2234

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,620
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    What else am I supposed to say I'm thankful for at Thanksgiving dinner? Come on man.

  15. #2235
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    32,088
    BG Level
    10

    Man, bondage came up infront of my MiL once and she just wouldn't stop asking questions until it hit her that wait...if you're bring this up then...WAIT JUST A MINUTE

    Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

  16. #2236

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,620
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    The slow realization must have been something to behold.

  17. #2237
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    34,889
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Milkster View Post
    Yeah, this. I guess I needed to put "if they're no longer" instead. He's trying to come down because he's of the mindset you should endure abuse and shitty relationships cause they're family Re: Tyche and his Q-anon mother ending with him sleeping on the couch due to remark he made about his now wife giving him oral sex.
    Think we already put that argument to rest, like your aspirations of being funny.

  18. #2238

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    21,988
    BG Level
    10


  19. #2239
    Pied Piper of the Homos
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    7,406
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    Think we already put that argument to rest, like your aspirations of being funny.
    Not the psychiatrist projecting his own insecurities.

    Before he jumps into, I don't care about being funny here, I'd like to remind everyone how he goes on his multi-page debates whenever Day or anyone from Spam clocks him for having no sense of humor every month.

  20. #2240
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,694
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Person with no sense of humor arguing with someone who has no sense of humor over who is less funny.

Page 112 of 151 FirstFirst ... 62 102 110 111 112 113 114 122 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 117th United States Congress: Insurrection 2021
    By Cail in forum Politics: Advanced Shitposting
    Replies: 3027
    Last Post: 2021-03-13, 16:47
  2. 116th United States Congress: The Shutdown is Pelosi's Fault
    By Cail in forum Politics: Advanced Shitposting
    Replies: 1567
    Last Post: 2021-01-03, 16:33
  3. 115th United States Congress: Deuces Dropped
    By BaneTheBrawler in forum Politics: Advanced Shitposting
    Replies: 2488
    Last Post: 2019-01-05, 02:06
  4. 115th United States Congress
    By Andalusian girls in forum Politics: Advanced Shitposting
    Replies: 4054
    Last Post: 2018-01-05, 12:52