Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 222
  1. #41
    Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    18,829
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Greedouw View Post
    I'm still trying to understand what it has to do with Final Fantasy...
    It's a retelling of the very first Final Fantasy from the point of view of what looks like a group of heroes who set out to fight Chaos before the Warriors of Light we know from the game.

    I'm sticking with my "they turn into the Elemental Fiends by the end" theory.

    Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

  2. #42
    Old Odin
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6,095
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    It's a retelling of the very first Final Fantasy from the point of view of what looks like a group of heroes who set out to fight Chaos before the Warriors of Light we know from the game.

    I'm sticking with my "they turn into the Elemental Fiends by the end" theory.

    Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
    Gonna reveal the main character's full name to be Jack Kracken

  3. #43
    Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    18,829
    BG Level
    9

    Joined by Mary Lith, Ty. A. Mat, and their good friend Rich.

    Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

  4. #44
    Ayn
    Ayn is online now
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,299
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Who knew all along that the four fiends were really just the 4 friends.

    Who bonded after Garland knocked them down.

  5. #45
    Old Odin
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6,095
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck


  6. #46
    Ayn
    Ayn is online now
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,299
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Eurell View Post

  7. #47
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    51,544
    BG Level
    10

    Final Fantasy Origin: Stranger of Paradise (PC/PS5/XSX/PS4/XB1) - 2022

    Watching Max’s stream at the moment and the AI for your teammates seems crazy dumb. To the point where it’s preferable to leave them dead lol.

  8. #48
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    7,111
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Watching Max’s stream at the moment and the AI for your teammates seems crazy dumb. To the point where it’s preferable to leave them dead lol.
    seems the npcs are balanced for Normal mode lol.

  9. #49
    AoE
    AoE is offline
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    7,117
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Black guy gonna be the first to die. Calling it.

  10. #50
    Ayn
    Ayn is online now
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,299
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    *First to become a fiend.

    He's gonna become Lich.

  11. #51
    Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    18,829
    BG Level
    9

    Gonna find the inner white guy trapped inside*

    Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

  12. #52
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,850
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Tbh, after I watched some demo gameplay, this doesn't look as bad as the trailer made it seem. Yes, everyone agrees the AI of party members sucks, but other than that - there's a job system with skill trees and equipment sets that together give a lot of options, the combat looks fine, but that's something to best gauge when playing yourself. And the gear actually changes your appearance so the dude won't look like a Chad all the time. Overall, I think it will be interesting how it turns out.

  13. #53
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,094
    BG Level
    8

    if what krandor said is right and this is a copy/paste of nioh 2, just give that game a spin. the writing and voice acting is just as bad but the game is fun, very deep combat and gear stuff

  14. #54
    Can you spare some gil?
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    8,781
    BG Level
    8

    After playing the demo on hard mode I really hope that the game becomes more fleshed out and the texture details get a bit better. The castle feels like something that was made targeting the PS3 hardware, the AI is absolutely useless. The job system is actually really cool and I actually look forward to what it could turn into later on. Unlocking advanced jobs and getting access to abilities to carry over to help other kits is really cool, I also like that each job has its own gear presets that I hope becomes more customizable through out the game, music is a lot of remix FF1 stuff. I love that Garland's name is Chaos? lmfao.

  15. #55
    Professional Pixel Pusher
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,827
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    They've been doing that for years.

    In the US the Game Boy had Final Fantasy Adventure and Final Fantasy Legend I/II/III, which were Seiken Densetsu and Saga games they renamed to make them sell better to the whites
    I'm still trying to get the FF Legend III 3DS remake working on my 3DS.

  16. #56
    Ayn
    Ayn is online now
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,299
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    I have a working version of it; been meaning to get back to it.

    Have Legend II as well, but I think the translation's incomplete.

  17. #57
    Professional Pixel Pusher
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,827
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    I was trying to get it to work on the actual hardware, but the emulator I was using crashes after the first battle. From what I understand it's potentially not an issue on a computer, but I was hoping to play it on my 3DS.

  18. #58
    Ayn
    Ayn is online now
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,299
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Ahh gotcha; I was playing it on my DS, actually, not 3DS.

  19. #59
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    70,412
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries
    9

  20. #60
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    37,887
    BG Level
    10

    Cant wait to know if he wants to kill CHAOS

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 63
    Last Post: 2026-09-09, 19:01
  2. Replies: 274
    Last Post: 2023-01-20, 23:40