The fact that criterion dungeons didn't at least give an upgrade item every week blows my mind
The fact that criterion dungeons didn't at least give an upgrade item every week blows my mind
That shit would be boring, substats in this game are next to meaningless outside of the easy to reach breakpoints for crit and speed. Much rather be able to farm coins and buy a twine every week for a noticeable increase in main stats. When criterion came out the only source was still savage where you're either waiting a month to get one or lotting against 8 other people for 1 a week.
Almost anything would have been an improvement to that dungeon system. I told myself I'd try the harder variant where you get the silver bags of currency or whatever it's called but by the time I got all my Noir gear I was so bored I felt relieved knowing I don't have to queue up.
They need to revamp gear substats before adding more gear tbh. Sure it's easier for balancing right now, but it's very uninspired. The devs would probably just make one gear set have shit stats of the already boring substat spread and that would just relegate it to glamour if it even looked good. Set bonuses, extra materia slots, unique materia, weird shit like AoEs randomly attacks twice, etc. Ideally we'd also have content where different gear stats would be a boon while also not be required. As usual, make the content clearable with base crafted gear but the new gear opens up different ways to tackle content. This is partly why I enjoy Eureka and Bozja so much. The lost actions let you do some wild stuff while not being mandatory.
This game would be boring as piss without ultimate for myself, I only participate in 8 weeks of savage with the intent of going into ultimate. I'm often bored out of my mind in the content lul of X.4 - next expansion, farming out a raid tier just for leveling gear doesn't feel enjoyable and there isn't anything that benefits the player from having max item level gear. Whoopty fuck if it saves you from picking up new pieces of gear in the next expansion until n6, its not like the story dungeons demand gear to do w2w pulls anyway.
Criterion Savage was sleeper, I want to be optimistic that they'll change things up for the next dungeon but I seriously doubt that is going to happen given their history of playing it hyper safe in event the majority voice dislikes it. From what I've heard from the like 10 people that bothered to do it on crystals they'd have liked to see savage be entirely different from normal. With no exploration content planned for this expansion I can't think of much reason for me to stay subbed beyond keeping my FC and personal house lmao. Fates and Dungeon and probably some how doing more crystal tower raids is gonna be whatever this relic series will be, bet.
I agree with all of that and I'm majorly disappointed that we didn't get a new eureka/bozja this xpac so that we could get criterion instead
I was moderately hyped for Criterion before it came out, and had a few people in my raid group wanting to do it, and then it came out and we saw the rewards and just lost interest. Best reward (mouse mount) was just from the easiest version of it? Seems so poorly designed from a reward stand point. I just ended up duoing the easier one with a friend for the mount and didn't even bother trying the harder ones.
The memes alone from this fiasco almost makes me look forward to the next one.
![]()
Team Krile (Arthars) has cleared TOP! Congrats
That's our boy!
made a char on dynamis dc to run through the story, but having terrible luck with duty finder for msq dungeons and raids. i assumed a new dc would have a fair amount of new characters, but i don't remember 30+min queues for stuff unless i'm misremembering. just learned about traveling to other dc, any negatives to that?
The same restrictions that are placed on traveling to another world apply to traveling to another DC. Can't use retainers, can't get FC buffs, can't gather from timed nodes, can't form or join a FC, and can't use your linkshells.
The problem the new DC is having is that DC travel is available. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy of long queue times. Queue times are slower cause it's lower pop, so people DC travel to a higher pop DC, which makes... queue times slower on Dynamis. It's very unfortunate for SE that they couldn't get those servers up and running when they were most needed towards the release of the expansion with the influx of new and returning players.
The FFXIV community is currently speedrunning third-party tool and cringe drama. The one add-on that people claim as the most benign, GShade, came out as being the most invasive cause the dev wanted to be petty.
And apparently there's some recent beastiality ERP shit going on. Lolwat
Hrothgar were a mistake.
So were Mithra. We still went there.
Nekomimi is fine and very distant from furry and scalie
I guess