Could they have added this earlier? Probably. But you can't say they're only adding it to monetize it when they literally say you can do it whenever you want for free.
Could they add additional customization down the road that costs money? Yes, 100%. But they also could have charged for this, and they didn't. Full stop.You will be able to modify the appearance of your Guardians anytime, without cost or limit to the number of changes.
for me the bigger deal (and admittedly I'm being cynical) is it seems like something relatively easy to do that they kept in their back pocket so they could be like "we're listening, see good things are happening" as referenced by his "in emergency break glass" meme in the first tweet. like yeah, better late than never, but they've poisoned sentiment so badly that it FEELS like a move calculated to generate good will
lol you totally got my point thanks. I mean thats the entire point of monetizing. Most games you can change your appearance at any time for free but the additional extra options are what is monetized I am not sure what you are trying to say thats any different that what I did. Bungie is in need of cash, it would be stupid if they didnt add hair options, markings, glasses etc down to line. I know you love the game, I do also, but lets be real if it works it will help the game survive. They have to hook you first and give you a taste so it needs to be free. No company adds in free customization without a plan to monetize in a live service game..
you will be able to modify the appearance of your Guardians anytime, without cost or limit to the number of changes
They can monetize the number of available options though. I know I would
Oh no! They might charge money for skins/cosmetics!
Got an email from the Bungie store - collector's edition is apparently still on track for March.
Interesting.. well, guess there won't be any big reveals. Probably.
For those who didn't see the most recent weekly update:
https://www.bungie.net/7/en/News/art...stiny-01-25-24
The Last Wish rocket launcher is the best DPS rocket you can get (maybe behind the GotD one?), so if you don't have the pattern unlocked, this is a great chance to get it.
Good guy Bungie delaying TFS so it wouldn't steal the thunder of the Mass Effect promotion.
Joe Blackburn leaving next month:
https://twitter.com/joegoroth/status...rMhRBTFFA&s=19
That Overload Minotaur beat him so bad he's quitting the company. Damn.
Holy shit, the FPS drops I'm getting in the Dreaming City is unbearable