Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Wuthering Waves (PC/Android/iOS) - What If Genshin Impact Was Set in Death Stranding

Developed by Kuro Game

Wuthering Waves is a story-rich open-world game with a high degree of freedom. You wake from your slumber as a Rover, greeted by an expansive new world filled with novel sights and newfangled tech.

Welcome to the new world, Rover.

This is an age of struggle. Since the Calament a hundred years ago, beings hitherto unknown have taken root in our world, sowing discord and destruction. Civilization as we know it once teetered on the brink of collapse.

This is an age of hope. Survivors have buried the hatchet with their kin and enemies and started to rebuild from the ruins. They find hope in the glories of the bygone days. They erect cities and factories. They sing the praises of restoration.

As for you, Rover from the beyond. Whatever might have led to your awakening, we welcome you to these troubled lands. Your journey here will cross with many others’—and will be marked by mysteries and battles.

You shall go down as a legend, one that will bring rejuvenation to mankind.
    https://wutheringwaves.kurogame.com/
    https://kurogame.net/

Closed Beta Coming April 24, 2023
    Q1: How will this Closed Beta Test proceed?

A1: This Closed Beta will only available for limited testers. All data will be deleted after the test.
    *Due to the IP limitation and localization progress. This test will only be available for testers in America and Canada districts. We appreciate your understanding.

Q2: When will the Closed Beta recruitment end?

A2:The recruitment will be ended at 19:00 Apr. 14th, 2023 (PT).

Q3: Can I change the submitted survey?

A3: Info you submitted with the survey of Closed Beta Test cannot be changed afterwards. Each email can only submit the survey once. Please check through the information in the survey before submitting.

Q4: How do I know I get the Closed Beta Test qualifications?

A4: We will notify you through email with the Closed Beta Test qualifications. We will also send out general notice on our official media platform.

Q5: If I selected multiple platform for gaming, how do I know which one I get the qualification?

A5: We will send out detail installing instructions base on your preference choice. If you selected multiple platform. We will match up for you randomly. Please follow the detail instructions in the email to join the test on relevant platform.

Q6: What's the device requirement for this Closed Beta Test?

A6: To ensure your installations and experience, we recommend minimum device config below:

[Android] Android System of 5.1 version and above, snapdragon 855 and above, and with storage of 10GB and above.
    [iOS] Model of iPhone 11 and above with storage of 10GB and above.
    [PC] Device references:
    <System> Windows 7 64-bit
    <CPU> Intel i5 -7th generation/Ryzen 2700
    <Graphic Card> Geforce 1060/RX 580
    <RAM> 16GB
    <Storage Remains> 40G

Q7: Can I play on another device during Closed Beta Test?

A7: Each tester can have only 1 device on both PC and mobile platform for the test. Your data will be the same on both platform as well. The device will be bound once you login to a device during the Closed Beta Test. You cannot change device of the same platform during the test.
    If you change device during the test, your account will be banned till the end of the test duration. Meanwhile, performing system reinstall, upgrade and hardware change may also result in login failure.
    Appealing for unbanning is unavailable for this test. All banned account will not be unbanned afterwards. For your personal account security, we would like to send out warnings: Don't engage in any account sharing/trading, and don't trust in any test qualification selling info, so as not to cause unnecessary losses.

Q8: Can I livestream, screenshot, record any content during the Closed Beta Test and publish on social media?

A8: Yes, you can. But do note that all in game content of this Closed Beta Test, including art designs, audio, context, and characters, are all still under development, and they don't represent the final quality of the game.
    https://wutheringwaves.kurogame.com/en/announcement/170

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The visuals are pretty sweet

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Got into CBT C: we'll see how it is

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

heh

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Anyone get into CBT2? No luck here ;( Pretty impressive how Kuro changed the games from last beta after listening to player feedback. Interested to see the opinions after this beta

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Nearly mimic's Genshi's gacha rates. Haven't seen much talk about gameplay though I expect a bit edgier and faster in that regard.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Drai Draken
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

watching random streamers play the CBT, it literally just looks like Genshin to me lol

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Genshin Impact with better climbing*

It looks cool, but whether or not I'll play it will really come down to the combat feel, which I can't judge without playing it. Hopefully I get into the next beta round.

I feel like something else that has sunk some of these games recently is that they just feel extremely Chinese. Genshin Impact (and sort of Honkai Star Rail) escaped that by having each region based on a different real-world culture, and they started with "America" in Mondstadt before they dropped the Chinese culture on you (Liyue), and then moved on to other regions. The heavy Chinese cultural influence is just hard to connect with, for me at least.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Combat should be better than Genshin, Kuro's other gamer PGR has a really great combat system, so that I'm not overly worried about.

It has something akin to Pokémon gathering, including shinies, so that should tickle a lot of people's fancy.

Exploration definitely looks a lot better, with wall running, grappling etc.

I agree with the Chinese theme thing - it's hard for me to even remember character names because of that.

As for gacha, going back to PGR, it has a really F2P friendly system, although it seems they've decided to go the 50/50 route with characters, although with lower pity and I think better rates. However, weapon banner is actually 100% guarantee, so that's good.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I like the combat better than Genshin and the wall running is fun, but the controls feel a bit clunkier somehow. Reminds me a bit of ToF but less broken. Started on NA server, UID is 500245704

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

It's almost universally getting panned. Aside from the combat, the presentation is lacking, from story, to optimization, and implementation of mechanics. It also seems to be mostly client based, with such antics as fast forwarding your internal clock to get access to future features like the next 5* preview stages. I expect it to turn into a complete shitstorm as more of it's code is cracked. As an example, people are working on revealing the echo stats when dropped, so you know which to upgrade and which to trash.

Combat and gameplay/exploration are top tier, most of the issues are things that will get sorted out sooner or later and Kuro is pretty generous as a company. They already gave a 10 pull and patched some stuff so already they have way more trust and lenience from me at least.

People are definitely being overly harsh because Genshin wasn't much better when it launched but was soon fixed up, I think people should just be honest and not commit to another gacha time sinkhole and just stick to what they want. If you wanted something that was like Genshin but more hardcore this will do you fine.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah, Kuro in general has been pretty good at listening and fixing stuff, a rocky launch itself won't kill the game. Personally it has been working perfectly fine for me, just need to tinker with graphic settings because game feels too blurry and I can't seem to change that.

Other than that I'd say the translation has been so-so, plus there are some missing translations here and there. If PGR is any indication, their stories are kinda weird and convoluted, so a weak translation will make it so much harder to understand, lol

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Also giving a free 5* selector tomorrow/today, depending on time zone.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Combat and gameplay/exploration are top tier, most of the issues are things that will get sorted out sooner or later and Kuro is pretty generous as a company. They already gave a 10 pull and patched some stuff so already they have way more trust and lenience from me at least.

People are definitely being overly harsh because Genshin wasn't much better when it launched but was soon fixed up, I think people should just be honest and not commit to another gacha time sinkhole and just stick to what they want. If you wanted something that was like Genshin but more hardcore this will do you fine.
    agree. game shits on any other gacha on the market when it comes to gameplay, and it isn't even close. i'm willing to give them time to iron out the kinks.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Seeing it has the 6 stage dupe system Genshin and Star rail has makes me upset cause it’s just unobtainable whale bait but whatever I can get over that.

The only criticisms I have so far are with the story, and they’re minor. Essentially it took me an hour to meet a character that wasn’t a harem anime trope which granted comes with the genre, but also the fact I got so much exposition dumped on me with UNSKIPABLE dialogue cutscenes. I really wish I could skip dialogue sometimes in games like these where the story is absolutely not the strong point.

Anywho. So far the gameplay does feel like a bit more refined version of Genshin, typical ARPG gameplay with some nice dodge and counter mechanics. I’ll probably play this one for a bit if it’s not too stingy with currency.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    I got so much exposition dumped on me with UNSKIPABLE dialogue cutscenes. I really wish I could skip dialogue sometimes in games like these where the story is absolutely not the strong point.
    Ahhhh what a shame to hear this, considering in PGR you could skip and blast through it all, but they weren't exactly cutscenes but just (the name currently escapes me right now) scenes of a character portrait and then overwhelming dialogue.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

i have really no interest in this but... skippable story content u say?

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Ahhhh what a shame to hear this, considering in PGR you could skip and blast through it all, but they weren't exactly cutscenes but just (the name currently escapes me right now) scenes of a character portrait and then overwhelming dialogue.
    Yah, honestly its the only drag so far with the game and mostly a personal problem as some people might even enjoy the dialogue/lore, I just personally have no patience for anime girl tropes blurting exposition like "The Florkblurgles invaded the Sheosphere during the Grepnix's third era under the rule of King Xhiashi's second Heartknight Samurai legionnaire, Shioriol and this brought the evil darkcloud gas demons known as evilbadguys, which we've been fighting to defend the capitol of nameplace, thenameplacer with our devices that we communicate through and detect the darkcloudgasenergy readings.", just like that, for at least 60% of the 2 hours of gameplay I've had so far.

Gameplays still fun and I imagine I'll enjoy it when I get past the tutorial and "Tell don't show" worldbuilding they're crushing me under.

Edit: Having a chance to actually experience the open world now, I'm enjoying the Pokemon collecting so far.

Oh merciful gods, its in game right now it seems, theres a big nice "Skip" button on the top left of each conversation I'm in. Thank you, oh lords thank you

Edit; the 5* Selector has been given out. I pulled Encore on my 40 starter banner, so I chose Metal Gear Sephiroth as my selector. Going to aim for the Wind Healer for the starter 80 pull guaranteed, and have a pretty rounded team.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag