Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 340
  1. #281
    Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,268
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Gonna be another 2 years of build up chapters ain't it

    Sent from my SM-S936U using Tapatalk
    yah, all 8 chapters of it

  2. #282
    okay guy I guess
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    24,392
    BG Level
    10

    8 chapters 3 different ways*

  3. #283
    Hyperion Cross
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    8,915
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Gonna be another 2 years of build up chapters ain't it

    Sent from my SM-S936U using Tapatalk
    Looking like it lol

    223

    Spoiler: show
    Register to see the NSFW content

  4. #284
    Hyperion Cross
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    8,915
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    224
    Register to see the NSFW content
    I love the buff Genos cover art

  5. #285
    Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    3,494
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Ragns Meuhie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries
    173

    Remember they could hire a bunch of random youtubers and we'll get a much better season 4:


  6. #286
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    7,180
    BG Level
    8

    I remember back in season 2 I was getting absolutely flamed for being upset about the art. Everyone kept telling me I should just be grateful they were even making a season 2. I said then that if we accept a downgrade without pushing back, they’ll just keep cutting quality because they know the fanbase will tolerate it.

    I went on a whole long-ass archive dive, tracked down the people and the exact quotes, and sent them all messages.

    No one replied.

  7. #287
    Old Odin
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6,095
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    That sounds pretty fucking unhinged to do just because an anime is ugly now lol

  8. #288
    Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,268
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Wasn’t season 1 animated by essentially a dream team draft pick of a bunch of different animators? I thought I remember reading that somewhere.

  9. #289
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    32,104
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Yabby View Post
    I remember back in season 2 I was getting absolutely flamed for being upset about the art. Everyone kept telling me I should just be grateful they were even making a season 2. I said then that if we accept a downgrade without pushing back, they’ll just keep cutting quality because they know the fanbase will tolerate it.

    I went on a whole long-ass archive dive, tracked down the people and the exact quotes, and sent them all messages.

    No one replied.
    You're not mad at all

    Sent from my SM-S936U using Tapatalk

  10. #290
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    7,180
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Eurell View Post
    That sounds pretty fucking unhinged to do just because an anime is ugly now lol
    Yup

    Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    You're not mad at all

    Sent from my SM-S936U using Tapatalk
    Took one of my favorites and just took a dump on it. Not trying to hide how mad i am.

  11. #291
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    51,565
    BG Level
    10

    There’s at least two more fan-made videos of quality or even better equality than the one Ragns posted just off the top of my head of that fight.

    It’s inexcusable what the anime has done with this franchise. I’d look at anyone defending/watching that garbage sideways too. While I wouldn’t go as far as Yabby, I understand lol.

  12. #292
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    51,565
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Wasn’t season 1 animated by essentially a dream team draft pick of a bunch of different animators? I thought I remember reading that somewhere.
    Yeah. From what I can recall it was some kind of passion project with a bunch of top tier animators calling in their buddies.

  13. #293
    Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,268
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Yeah. From what I can recall it was some kind of passion project with a bunch of top tier animators calling in their buddies.
    Yah thats what I thought I read. Season 1 was a fluke of animation quality, but that doesn't really excuse what happened to Season 2 and especially Season 3.

    Season 2 I didn't actually hate all that much animation wise even though I did see the cracks especially during the Tournament, I'm not excusing it, just didn't hate it as much as others seemed too... but Season 3, is just so unforgivably bad, I'm so so sad.

  14. #294
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    7,180
    BG Level
    8

    That was the point I was making back then. I did not like the quality drop in season 2, but it was at least still watchable. What I was trying to explain was that if season 2 had received even a little more pushback in ratings because of that drop, then season 3 would have either been as good, better, or not made at all. Any of those outcomes would have been better than what we actually got. Instead, people fan-boyed it anyway and effectively rewarded the studio and team for half-assed work. That is the only reason we ended up with a season 3 that looks like this.

    When season 3 aired, people finally started hammering the ratings to show how they felt. Then the episode with the ninja fights came out, and suddenly everyone acted like the rest of the season being bad was fine because they were “saving the budget” for those fights. The problem is that the fights everyone defended were barely season 2 quality at best, which just made it even more frustrating.

    Yes, I went further than I probably should have. This is one of my favorite manga of all time, and I truly fell in love with it and stayed invested for years. Seeing it treated like this felt like a slap in the face to everyone who supported the series and helped it grow to the point where an anime adaptation was even possible.

    It is like watching one of your favorite books get adapted into a movie or show, only for them to change everything so badly that it almost ruins your ability to enjoy the original source.

    And completely off topic, I am praying Apple does Brandon Sanderson right with The Stormlight Archive and Mistborn. I know he supposedly has near-complete creative control, but for the love of God, please do not cheap out on adapting some of the best fantasy books ever written.

  15. #295
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    32,104
    BG Level
    10

    I saw that clip of garou walking down the hill and I just never tuned into s3 lmao

    Sent from my SM-S936U using Tapatalk

  16. #296
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,712
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    It was a good hate watch on my lunch breaks just to admire how bad the animation was.

  17. #297
    Old Odin
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6,095
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Yabby View Post
    That was the point I was making back then. I did not like the quality drop in season 2, but it was at least still watchable. What I was trying to explain was that if season 2 had received even a little more pushback in ratings because of that drop, then season 3 would have either been as good, better, or not made at all. Any of those outcomes would have been better than what we actually got. Instead, people fan-boyed it anyway and effectively rewarded the studio and team for half-assed work. That is the only reason we ended up with a season 3 that looks like this.

    When season 3 aired, people finally started hammering the ratings to show how they felt. Then the episode with the ninja fights came out, and suddenly everyone acted like the rest of the season being bad was fine because they were “saving the budget” for those fights. The problem is that the fights everyone defended were barely season 2 quality at best, which just made it even more frustrating.

    Yes, I went further than I probably should have. This is one of my favorite manga of all time, and I truly fell in love with it and stayed invested for years. Seeing it treated like this felt like a slap in the face to everyone who supported the series and helped it grow to the point where an anime adaptation was even possible.

    It is like watching one of your favorite books get adapted into a movie or show, only for them to change everything so badly that it almost ruins your ability to enjoy the original source.

    And completely off topic, I am praying Apple does Brandon Sanderson right with The Stormlight Archive and Mistborn. I know he supposedly has near-complete creative control, but for the love of God, please do not cheap out on adapting some of the best fantasy books ever written.
    This is way too much energy spent on some show. I love the manga too. but if the show sucks, just dont watch it, and move on to something else. There are far too many horrible things actively happening in the world to think this is even worth spending your energy to harass people over. And far too many good things in life to waste your time on a show that you just dont like.

  18. #298
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    7,180
    BG Level
    8

    You’re posting on a video game forum where most of us stopped actively playing over a decade ago. For many people, myself included, spaces like this are simply a way to step away from the pressures of the real world.

    I’m fortunate to be in a stage of life where, despite what is happening externally, things are genuinely good for me and I want for nothing. That puts me in a position where I can choose to invest time and energy into things I care about, even if they may seem trivial to others.

    It is also worth noting the irony in criticizing me for doing so. Taking the time to post about how pointless this is amounts to engaging in the same behavior you are condemning.

  19. #299
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    32,104
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Yabby View Post
    Taking the time to post about how pointless this is amounts to engaging in the same behavior you are condemning.
    Valid, but not as much energy as you're putting into it. I hope you internalize that

    Sent from my SM-S936U using Tapatalk

  20. #300
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    7,180
    BG Level
    8

    I get what you’re saying, but it’s not like this is draining my energy. If I weren’t doing this, I’d probably just be killing time online anyway. I’ve honestly put more effort into this conversation than into the thing it’s about.

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. One Punch-Man
    By Ker in forum Anime
    Replies: 1499
    Last Post: 2023-07-27, 00:29