HR 191 and finally got a Master's Touch gem, praise the emperor
https://wccftech.com/monster-hunter-...-optimization/
Monster Hunter Wilds Devs to Host Optimization Talk This Month; New Patch Addressing PC Stability and Performance Issues Announced
I know we like to say that RE engine just isn't built for these huge open world games but I'm starting to wonder if it just has some general optimization issues. The amount of hoops I've had to jump thru to keep SF6 running well consistently is absurd and it just seems to constantly have issues with Nvidia drivers.
Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
SF6 for whatever reason doesn't rebuild every single shader it requires after a driver/application update, which will cause a small stutter the first time you see a move following an update. I see that across every computer I've played the game on.
If the issue extends beyond that I think that's a "you" problem.
nah let's not get revisionist, RE 7 and 8 run better than they have a right to while lookin p good + the remakes are mint as well + SF6 always ran smooth as hell for me. it's after Dragon's Dogma 2 + Wilds came along the engine's limitations became clear as pie and they appear intractable.
DMC 5 as well runs fucking incredible
The game properly redoes like 99% of the shaders after an update.
I usually go into training mode and cycle through OD moves and super arts for 4 or 5 characters to rebuild the missing shaders and the game is gtg
Basically any game that didn't have a PS4 release is the common factor here. RE8 PC running trash on launch window due to its DRM causing regular stutter aside.
I really am curious if the fault is of the engine when pushed to these levels, or just devs thinking the horsepower of (then) upcoming consoles would let them take far more shortcuts with the game's performance, which has been disastrous in the visual make-up of both DD2 & Wilds unless you bruteforce it with a GPU twice the price of a PS5.
RE8 running like poop wasn't the fault of the engine tho, like you said it was a bad DRM implementation that was eventually fixed.
Supposedly the Dead Rising remaster also runs pretty bad, but like this and Dragons Dogma 2 the common denominator is the engine being used for more open world style games.
Monster Hunter Rise ran perfectly fine on RE Engine, but that game was comparatively very simple graphically to the other games mentioned.
Landed the big one!
![]()
Lagi/Zoh/Gore/Lagi/Gore build is an absolute killing machine, goddamn.
Azure Bolt isn't a super great set bonus, but the Lagi pieces are so good it's just a free bonus on top of it.
I was pretty bored with what I was using so I went Fulgur/Lagi with Lagi Hammer. Seems pretty good against Steve (weak to Thunder) so should be usable against AT Duna coming up as well.
I'm sure it's not actually better than Guts but way less boring. Even if the set doesn't last I think Lagi Hammer is sneaky good.
For most weapons it seems like the Lagi weapons are better for thunder weak enemies than artian.
So that's a nice change of pace at least.
Screw humanity
Eh, bad move. Don't let the trolls win.
Sounds like a cop out, and a good way to generate enmity against PC players in the fanbase. I have no doubt that there have been nasty comments and/or threats, but I seriously fucking doubt that it's anything new, especially for the company that owns a popular fighting game franchise. (Obviously a different dev team, but I would think Capcom and their lawyers for sure handle things like that for its developers.)
Street Fighter fan base isn't that toxic all things considered, it's much tamer than the other fighting game playerbases.
Nothing like Tekken, which is just toxic as all fuck. Though SF isn't also headed by an ass clown like Michael Murray, who consistently makes things so much worse.