Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 560 of 637
  1. #541
    Kevin Chang
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10,685
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    About to take on Floor 10 soon, managed to get all the items from all the other floors. Gotta figure out what setup to do to learn Zodiark while also grabbing those last 2 weapons
    It's easier to do them separately.

    I think the fact Floor 10 has Ultima Demons and Summoners with Zodiark is because they made sure these aren't missable skills anymore. So I THINK that every Summoner you run into on Floor 10 (in subsequent random battles) will have Zodiark even if you didn't get it the first time around, and you don't have to worry about it on your first clear if you just want to beat Serpentarius and come back.

    Learning Zodiark is easiest if you have the Summoner trying to learn it go in with 97 Brave and Manashield so that they can tank the damage for sure and live. The biggest issue is making sure that other enemy units don't blitz that unit's mana before the cast goes off. You can't use Atheist to survive the cast since the Zodiark actually needs to do damage to the target for the target to learn it (damage to Manashield counts).

    You can also nuke your learner's Faith to lower hte damage. A lot of people have been saying that it's optimal to have units with super low Faith on Tactician mode since enemy magic is broken and magic is inferior as a damage mechanism in the game anyway. But I personally don't nuke my units' faith scores because it screws up Raise casts (and I prefer Arithmaticks as a support skill to Items), and what's the point of learning the skill if you have nerfed it to uselessness?

    Also technically you can just skip getting the Chaos Blade and Chirijiriden on Floor 10 if you just catch them in Floor 9. The fact everyone can wear Perfume now means you can give everyone a Chaos Blade (versus OG/WotL where you just give Chaos Blade to Agrias with the perfume and everyone else wears Excalibur for the Haste)

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    I just got 5 haste perfumes from breeding the hydras.
    The Rubber Suits are worth farming too btw. They have more HP than Crystal Mail and Reflect Mail and give immunity to Lightning (you can spam Calculator Thundaga as an alternate to spamming Calculator Holy with Chameleon Robes).

  2. #542
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,822
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    I should've specified, I got 5 perfumes and 5 rubber suits once I saw the items and realized they were both best in class lol

    Im gonna see how bad trying to learn and get the items in 1 go is before I opt to do it afterwards lol

  3. #543
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,822
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Got Zodiark on Agrias from Serpentarius. Will have to do the items in second round I guess

  4. #544
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,822
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Having done all this, my whole team is in the 80s and now I am way too overleveled for the final fights lol. Plus have some ridiculous gear

  5. #545
    Kevin Chang
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10,685
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Can always delevel without grinding back up.

    Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

  6. #546
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,822
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Thats too much effort lol

    Just gonna finish up the game tomorrow. Gonna end up with just a couple achievements left over, though I don't know if I feel like doing the one where you need to master every ability on one character though

  7. #547
    I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    39,655
    BG Level
    10

    im in chapter four and basically retired all of my generic npcs for named ones. its actually made it harder because my generic dudes were set up ability-wise and now i have to relevel jobs for everyone

    that said, thunder god is still annihilating everything

  8. #548
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,822
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Yeah it was annoying how late some of them come in and you lose all that progress. I decided to go on a poaching/breeding spree so while doing that I was able to level up a lot of the new NPCs

  9. #549
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,822
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    ...I realized way too late Calculator gives you access to all spells you know and not just the one for the main/sub class you have on with it lol


    And it's instacast. FML I misunderstood this class this whole time

  10. #550

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    21,994
    BG Level
    10

    you are a silly one Tyr

    been back and forth meself on whether i want to roll Calculators for the endgame, they're a lot like Cid in that while fun as hell so gamebreaking as to trivialize the story content

  11. #551
    I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    39,655
    BG Level
    10

    i limit myself to one calculator

  12. #552
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,822
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    you are a silly one Tyr

    been back and forth meself on whether i want to roll Calculators for the endgame, they're a lot like Cid in that while fun as hell so gamebreaking as to trivialize the story content
    Man I didn't know about the calculator meta as a kid and didn't really explore it here until I was trying to finish off the achievement for it


  13. #553
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,822
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    I'll have to remember that when I replay in a couple years once all the mods are done being made

  14. #554

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    24,306
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Quote Originally Posted by Mertron View Post
    i limit myself to one calculator
    I never use them because math is for nerds

  15. #555
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,822
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    100% achievements done

    I don't do it often but it seemed achievable and the game is goated so

  16. #556
    I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    39,655
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    I never use them because math is for nerds
    generally speaking, everyone in my party is a dd with some kind of sustainability ability, and the calculator hangs at the start of the battlefield and cures everyone, nukes or buffs if not needed

  17. #557
    Kevin Chang
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10,685
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Iado and Martial Arts are the easy and less broken ways to give your DPS sustainability, but Arithmetics reigns supreme in adaptability and range.

    Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

  18. #558

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    21,994
    BG Level
    10

    dual wield monk remains disgusting

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    100% achievements done

    I don't do it often but it seemed achievable and the game is goated so
    my man

    i've never actually platinumed a game but this was one i briefly considered. have trouble justifying it with the horrific game backlog

  19. #559
    Kevin Chang
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10,685
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    It's actually decently easy to plat besides the master all jobs on one character. You just have to be really conscious about switching Ramza around.

    Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

  20. #560
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5,090
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    dual wield monk remains disgusting



    my man

    i've never actually platinumed a game but this was one i briefly considered. have trouble justifying it with the horrific game backlog
    This.

    Platinum'ing favorite game vs. The guilt of backlog.

    That said, I really, really want to platinum FFXIII while PS3 servers are still up, then FFXII, then RE2, then SH2, then FFXVI...aaargh, you see where this shit is going?

Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 58
    Last Post: 2026-09-09, 09:05
  2. FFRK - Another Ivalice (Tactics) Event & Strategies
    By Kirin in forum Square-Enix Titles
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 2017-12-05, 00:31