Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: World Emig***     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Old Merits
    BG Level

World Emig***

Hiya, to those who know more about it, will it be possible to move twice? for example, ALL of my friends from old Online Games are on Carbuncle will it be possible to move to Carbuncle now and move back after a week b4 the emig stuff ends?

Old Merits
    BG Level

Hmmm or will all be moved to the worlds they want to at this one day 3rd October?

You go, and then you're stuck.

There's no double switching.

Old Merits
    BG Level

thx good to know i can/will never play with them ^ ^

lol you don't move instantly, they will probably move everyone at the same time once the registration period ends, although I don't know for sure, but I doubt you can do it twice

Black Belt
    BG Level

people keep confusing this thing. you don't move to another server, you move to a brand new one.

if you sign-up to move and all your friends in Carbuncle sign up to move, you will all end up on the same server.

the only way you won't is if there are so many applicants that they make more than one new server (they are prepared to make up to 3). this will not happen, they will need somewhere around 10,000 applicants to even consider going to a second new server.

and since this is moving to new servers only, it's a one way trip.

Yes i missunderstood it a bit, i read the german one (http://www.playonline.com/ff11de/polnews/news2812.shtml) now and there it said that what you just did, that ALL will go to one new server =( hehe well, but japanese also told me that like every half year it is possible to move to an old excitsting server like from Bahamut >>> Carbuncle, is that true? Iam only playing since like 4 months now so I dont really know

Old Merits
    BG Level

/\
    .|
    .|
    .|

Me

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

bercus you wouldnt get on carbuncle even if you applied

they're making new servers to accomodate EU release and new batch of players and are looking for people to go there to create a diversified population...which if course fucks everyone over. but if you applied for the emigration they'd put you on a server that you dont even know the name of yet(not made yet)

Black Belt
    BG Level

hehe well, but japanese also told me that like every half year it is possible to move to an old excitsting server like from Bahamut >>> Carbuncle, is that true?
    not true, not once in the last 10 months.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Last world migration happened when PS2 version came out in NA, that was... um... I forget... such trivial and unimportant things do not stick in my memory. Anywho Asura was made and people may or may not have moved.

I'm not sure of there was a mass migration once the PC version for NA, in October of 2003 was released, but it's safe to say there was. It seems whenever there is an additional international release, they make new servers and "thin" out population on existing servers by enticing people to come over and starts anew.

Where will the next release will happen? Siberia, where Inuits live? Maybe in Antarctica, where Pinguins have orgies?

~Hirro

P.S. Make sure not to bring any food, medicine or weapons of mass distruction when immigrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus
    Last world migration happened when PS2 version came out in NA, that was... um... I forget... such trivial and unimportant things do not stick in my memory. Anywho Asura was made and people may or may not have moved.

I'm not sure of there was a mass migration once the PC version for NA, in October of 2003 was released, but it's safe to say there was. It seems whenever there is an additional international release, they make new servers and "thin" out population on existing servers by enticing people to come over and starts anew.

Where will the next release will happen? Siberia, where Inuits live? Maybe in Antarctica, where Pinguins have orgies?

~Hirro

P.S. Make sure not to bring any food, medicine or weapons of mass distruction when immigrating.

o.o;; Asura was made in November 2003. I think you got them mixed up.