Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Thread: Ninja counting shadows     submit to reddit submit to twitter submit to tumblr

  1. #1

    Ninja counting shadows

    Ok I played mages, pld, even bst and rng. Now I am trying ninja. I just got to lvl 12 now my question is this:
    How do you count your shadows? Is there like a chat filter that I need to change so I can see, mob takes 1 shadow or something? I was trying this last night and almost died to a DC because I could never time when my last shadow was down. Also another question: I am using darts atm to raise throwing and what not but should I maybe be using bow since archery and marksmanship are capped to lvl 20? Any help at all is appreciated because tonight marks the night I tank in the dunes /cry for the first time since last December.

  2. #2

    Yes, there is a way to see that you're either dodging or losing a shadow to the mob. It's probably the "dodged" attacks filter. At lower levels, I'd suggest starting to recast Utsusemi after you've lost your second shadow, because when you lose your third right after (assuming you do not dodge the attack, which is more typical at that level) you'll get three more up, and not need someone to "plz voke!!!111" to help you get some shadows back up. Also, at the end of a fight, hit your Utsusemi back up right then, so that you have 3 full shadows for the next mob, and the timer is back to zero as well.

    Also, you're going to want to continue to level your Throwing skill for when you feel like using shyrukens. (sp, and I don't care about spelling it right >.>) Since you're Tarutaru, I'd suggest carrying around Fishkabobs instead of Mithrabobs for a while. Without Ni, it's not always possible to play a {Perfect Dodge} {Ninja}.

  3. #3

    K I will check the filters when I get home. Ok next question (sorry for the noobish questions) the enfeebling and elemental spells for nin are based on throwing skill as well?

  4. #4
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    5,723
    BG Level
    8

    they are based on Ninjutsu Skill (under Magic)

  5. #5
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    286
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Twentytwo Obv
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie

    Sometimes I wonder why the name of this forum is "Ask the BLUE" and genosync always replies to peoples questions when they ASK THE BLUE and hes not even remotely in BG...but i guess thats just me...
    -22

  6. #6
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    848
    BG Level
    5


  7. #7
    Xavier
    Guest

    It was very useful. So useful in fact that we should change the name of this board to Ask the Geno.

  8. #8

    Thank you all for the tips it went ok I guess but I still have a difficult time at the moment holding hate. Guess when I get more spells at 15 it might make it easier. Also getting a competant tank to voke when I need to cast was a pain.

  9. #9
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    5,723
    BG Level
    8

    under Lv 37 it's always good to find another NIN. another NIN will understand your need to have someone voke.

    a PLD will want to main tank, a WAR will be using a Sword and Shield with a WHM sub thinking they are a PLD.

    seriously, most WARs don't know why or when to voke off a NIN at the lower levels. so try to find another NIN to party with, makes those levels a lot of fun.

  10. #10
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    5,742
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Twentytwo
    Sometimes I wonder why the name of this forum is "Ask the BLUE" and genosync always replies to peoples questions when they ASK THE BLUE and hes not even remotely in BG...but i guess thats just me...
    -22


    well, It's obvious that a large portion of the bahamut english ffxi community hang out and post in this forum. It's only natural for new and old players alike to ask questions and have other people answer/give their own opinion about it.

    It's been going on for a while now and this section is come to be known as a Q&A for the community.Not just for people of your LS to stricly give their opinion/questions/answers.Your post imho is somewhat rude and uncalled for EVEN if the section is titled "Ask the blue". What you've said will only make people NOT want to post thus hurt the activity/traffic of the forum yet I'm sure you realize that Mr.21 posts (geno having broke 100) but that's not the point Just something that should be pointed out. Many players outside your LS contribute their time/efforts/experience to make this forum what it is now and you posting some crap like that (OFF topic I might add) just makes you look like a bad person and, i'm sorry to say a total jack ass.


    You don't have to be in BG to know how to play this game.
    sorry for grammer, i'm sleepy.

  11. #11
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,872
    BG Level
    6

    Zigma, you do know Geno is like a 57 ranger? He hasn't even experienced 1/4 of what this game has. Infact, according to Almaa, he hasn't even gotten halfway through leveling his 1st job. 1-62 is the same ammount of exp as 62-75.

  12. #12
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,862
    BG Level
    6

    Wel its called positive input, so just stfu. Just save's us lazy assholes from answering these questions.

  13. #13
    Guest

    Quote Originally Posted by Amarok
    Zigma, you do know Geno is like a 57 ranger? He hasn't even experienced 1/4 of what this game has. Infact, according to Almaa, he hasn't even gotten halfway through leveling his 1st job. 1-62 is the same ammount of exp as 62-75.


    LOL wtf? So what you're saying is that since geno isn't a Lv75 Ranger, that means he does not know how to play the game? He doesnt know how utsusemi works and he can't answer a simple question someone is asking.


    oh please.

  14. #14

    ask him for Fafnir strategy and he'll give it to you

  15. #15
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    579
    BG Level
    5

    i dont think Amarok was trying to say that he cant answer the question. he's jes stating that the longer u play this game, the more knowledge u do have, usually. Geno doesnt seem to have as much experience as people who have 2 lvl 75s jobs or whatever. Geno is perfectly capable of answering questions.....^^

  16. #16
    Guest

    Quote Originally Posted by Almaa
    ask him for Fafnir strategy and he'll give it to you
    Fafnir {too weak}

  17. #17
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    5,742
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    ^me. This computer does not have my info stored.

  18. #18

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Quote Originally Posted by Almaa
    ask him for Fafnir strategy and he'll give it to you
    Fafnir {too weak}
    ok, is that your argument?

  19. #19

    That wasn't me, because I haven't fought Fafnir or even looked at any detailed information on him, therefore I wouldn't bother to say anything.

  20. #20

    obviously you've misunderstood my point, my point is, ask him about something he has no clue about and he'll come up with a strategy

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag

Similar Threads

  1. Ninja end game equip question CONT
    By damet in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 2005-04-22, 19:11
  2. Ninja end game equip question
    By skyman in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 2005-04-22, 14:27
  3. Best Ninja Haste Setup?
    By damet in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 2005-04-08, 17:59
  4. Ninja useful?
    By Kimimaro in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2005-04-01, 05:04
  5. Best NA ninja?
    By in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 2004-12-26, 01:05
  6. Ninja, xp PT question
    By Atomant in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 2004-11-08, 17:41
  7. Role of a Ninja in HNMs
    By Deadkennedys in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 2004-09-13, 13:21