Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Steam Cleaner moved?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Steam Cleaner moved?

Since last week's update, I haven't been able to pop SC. I called GM to see if the timer was still screwy (it had been for about 2weeks) and he said the usual ambiguous bs and that SE moved some of the locations of NMs. Anyone know if SC was moved or changed?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

nope, still same legannon from genbu's island, nothing is changed. use the zone trick to pop it fast, aggro, not SC, zone, repeat. maybe someone killed it right before you guys trying to pop it, and it has 6 hours timer again to reset.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Popped it Sunday just as normal as usual.

And there is 4 entrances you can pop Steam Cleaner from, not just Genbu's island.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

im having the same problem with SC. we were taking a break for the holiday and got back to sky hunt a few days ago. we simply cant pop steam no matter how long we stay, usualy it doesnt take us more than an hour to pop it. but now we tried for 3 days 3 hours a day with no luck.

i have asked every NA LS in my server about this and they have said they are having the same problem, so i dont think its just bad luck.

any help will be appreciated.

we've heard some stuff recently too, from a broad group of JP and NA LSes.. some people camped it for 10 hours with nobody else around and got no pop. we also camped it a lot this week and didn't get 1 pop.

if nothing is changed then this is all EXTREMELY bad luck :3

yes we was only ones there..pulling detector for basment about 6+ hours for 3 days..no SC for Knights either ><

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

We had something like an hour session, a two hour session, and maybe a 3 hour session in the last week. We got one from that first session but have had no luck since. I guess it is still possible that someone else killed it in the previous 4-6 hours each time, but it does seem like it doesn't want to pop nearly as much. (and yes we have been moving around just in case the location it pops may have been changed to a random pre-determined spot)

This adds insult to injury that we have about 7 less seiryu seals than any other seals so it will be another kirin for every seiryu we kill for a long time.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

ok last night we tried to pop it for a total of 3 hours, trying with all possible entrances to hes pop area with no luck ; ; .
    i dont know whats the deal with this guy, we have poped him for like 10-15 times before. and the thing is its not just us, the 2 other NA HNM LSs on my server could not pop it either.

any idea whats up with this guy ?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

PM me with your server and what you guys are doing exactly to pop him, and i'll tell ya some tricks

Mabye you are running into the same problem alot of LS on our Server are. Which is PO ownz sky. We slide in and out quickly. poping what we need and getting the hell out of sky.

Remember most of the NMs are around 6hr pops. have seen them go 8hr. And to the People that say they camped him for 10hr. There are 4 different entrances. you can pop him from. Keep a check of who is in sky and where they are.

I can think of several times that we have rolled in a different entrace and poped him with in 10 min. When another LS is goofing off doing stuff the long way. Not trying to sound dirty But on our Server Its rough in sky.

So dont give me the politics thing or the you shouldent try to pop something someone else is trying to pop. Political correctness and courtesy dosent work on our server with End-Game / HNM. I wish it did but thats just simply not the case.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

You're telling us.

this can be the case..but we been only ls..i sky at times..rest exp...and still no pop...and more then 1 person have this problem...which we never had before...so yah peace

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I don't know if he's so much moved however maybe... nerfed? My NA LS on Kujata has tried time and, time again to pop SC with no SC. ; ;

Out strategy:
    1) Pull a Detector from Below.
    2) Let it pop something... if not SC Sleep the Detector and, kill the Bot.
    3) Repeat for 3 pops. If no SC kill the Detector and, pull a new one.

We've tried moving to different areas clearing all Detectors... tried night and, night with no pop. Don't know what they did but, they definetly changed SOMETHING.

-Xtek

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

there is a better way....

we as well after hearing all this went to try it last night and...... it might have been moved....

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

ive tried almost EVERY detector in the palace. . . . . . . no pop. /sigh

last god we need to kill and we cant get the pop item. i hope se takes their actions soon and fix it. ;/

i'm pretty sure it's bugged currently, possibly on every/most server(s)

3 people from 3 different JP LSes i've talked with have said "bagu" (bug) and i've talked with SB Knights and FF people among NA LSes and theyve had no luck popping it with camping it like 100 hours total :3

but then i heard some LS on another server claims they got a pop lately so i dont knew...

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

any news on this guy ? orz
    we gave up on steam after trying for the last time yesterday, no pop ; ;

We have gotten steam a few times, you just gotta move around alot. There are many places where you can pop him as far as i know and if one isnt working well just move to another. One time we got him after the 2nd pot.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

he's popping fine on cerberus =/

usually if the detector doesn't pop him in 5 kills we go after the other one, of that doesn't pop we move. hope that helps =/

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Hmmm...

-Xtek

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast