Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

Thread: Byakko How?     submit to reddit submit to twitter submit to tumblr

  1. #1
    Smells like Onions
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6
    BG Level
    0

    Byakko How?

    I was wondering if someone could talk about the party set-ups and strategy for taking out byakko. Details like formation etc. would be appreciated. Thank you

  2. #2

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellboy
    I like this one better.

    (not actual names)
    <Bertchan> ok penisu nin tank the next byakko
    <penisu> ok
    <penisu> 5~
    <byakko> *pop* rwar *tripple attack**Banishfagadaga XIIGWXYZ*
    Penisu was defeated by Byakko.
    <herrboy> ROFLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

    Elapsed time, 25 seconds.
    dont let nin tank?

  3. #3

    rofl

  4. #4

    It's funny because I always heard "NIN's can't tank Byakko" but we tried it anyways with out classic tank party set up of:

    NIN/WAR
    NIN/WAR
    PLD/WAR
    SMN/WHM
    WHM/SMN
    BRD/WHM

    Just have bard pump the march, smn pop on some stone-skin, and have the PLD back up the two NIN's and they can ping pong Byakko back and forth all day. Worked out great and that's been our tank PT setup ever since. Can't let the ninjas have all the fun though, put your PLD's in once in awhile and have them grit and bear it!

  5. #5

    yeah its possible, I was just laughing at Ed's quote

  6. #6
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    12,469
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Edwardtheblack
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellboy
    I like this one better.

    (not actual names)
    <Bertchan> ok penisu nin tank the next byakko
    <penisu> ok
    <penisu> 5~
    <byakko> *pop* rwar *tripple attack**Banishfagadaga XIIGWXYZ*
    Penisu was defeated by Byakko.
    <herrboy> ROFLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

    Elapsed time, 25 seconds.
    dont let nin tank?
    True story.

  7. #7
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    31
    BG Level
    1

    Beat him before he kills you?

  8. #8
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    5,744
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Sebbo
    It's funny because I always heard "NIN's can't tank Byakko" but we tried it anyways with out classic tank party set up of:

    NIN/WAR
    NIN/WAR
    PLD/WAR
    SMN/WHM
    WHM/SMN
    BRD/WHM

    Just have bard pump the march, smn pop on some stone-skin, and have the PLD back up the two NIN's and they can ping pong Byakko back and forth all day. Worked out great and that's been our tank PT setup ever since. Can't let the ninjas have all the fun though, put your PLD's in once in awhile and have them grit and bear it!

    mambo is actually better. The nin will be able to dodge a lot of the attacks byakko throws at him but triple attack is always something to fear.

  9. #9

    2 Nin
    2 Brd
    Whm
    Smn works well too

    if you dont have pimp ninjas who can tank

    pld
    pld
    whm/smn
    whm/smn
    brd/smn or brd/whm
    Rdm/??? if bard isnt smn sub, /smn is better

    Do Aerial Armor rotation.

  10. #10
    Smells like Onions
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    5
    BG Level
    0

    We use PLD/WAR for byakko.

    tank PT setup:

    PLD/WAR
    PLD/WAR
    BRD/WHM
    WHM/SMN
    WHM/SMN
    RDM/BLM

    make ur tank eat turtle soup. Best tank food ever. I wont die tanking byakko ever lol. even i use durandal and koenig shield i wont die. If u are new use earth staff to be a bit saver.

  11. #11

    we use for the tank party:

    nin/war
    nin/war
    brd/whm or brd/smn
    smn/whm
    brd/whm or brd/smn
    whm/smn

    can be done with only brd as well, but 2 is easier

  12. #12
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    193
    BG Level
    3

    my first try tanking byakko as nin/war

    setup: nin/war, pld/war, smn/whm, whm/smn, whm/smn, brd/whm

    as we ppopped it, our brd got dc, and i evetually tanked it without mambo. fight lasted around 8-10 mins. there was a time during the fight where he took me down to like 5 hp i think. but that was it. byakko is not hard at all having a ninja tank. i have tanked him 2 times and both times kicking his ass. ill post screenshots tonite when we do byakko again.

  13. #13
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    165
    BG Level
    3

    on ramuh server my friend Raen solo tanked byakko and barely got hurt

  14. #14
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    178
    BG Level
    3

    2 nins tank byakko better than 2 plds, throw in a pld or 2 in there for flash and cures only lol...

  15. #15

    Get good PLDs and a good tank PT setup and you'll see that a PLD can tank 99% of HNM better than a NIN.

  16. #16
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    298
    BG Level
    4

    Rawr! End of Story.

  17. #17

    NIN, NIN, BRD, BRD, WHM, RDM

    DBL march, DBL mambo, WHM haste

    A NIN can solo tank Byakko this way.

  18. #18

    The safest setup is definately 2nin 2brd 1smn and people outside helping wiht paralyna. However we did it with 2 nins (regular haste) and it went well even without brds.

    In general, unless you have uberly equipped paladin's, having a 2 nin setup will be safer. Usually you hear about nin's requiring more skill and finess to tank things and that paladin's are safer. I think it's the other way around, especially for something like byakko. Much more skill involved in keeping paladins alive here.

    Also you may need 1 or 2 stunners for banishga. It may also be a good idea to stun or flash byakko after Diaga if you got nin tanks. Depending on how many /thf melees you have, particularly sam/thf, this fight can take anywhere from 5-15 min, usually no longer than that. Imo the quicker the better, less chance for mistakes, and keeping /thf melees from being paralyzed is always a good thing.

  19. #19
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    59
    BG Level
    2
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    I was under the impression rangers tank gods. Owell, maybe just in our LS.
    -T.

  20. #20
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    483
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by pinnpogg
    The safest setup is definately 2nin 2brd 1smn and people outside helping wiht paralyna. However we did it with 2 nins (regular haste) and it went well even without brds.

    In general, unless you have uberly equipped paladin's, having a 2 nin setup will be safer. Usually you hear about nin's requiring more skill and finess to tank things and that paladin's are safer. I think it's the other way around, especially for something like byakko. Much more skill involved in keeping paladins alive here.

    I couldnt disagree more. My LS has been killing Byakko for a little while now, prolly 25 or so times total. We have used 2x pld almost everytime and have only lost 1 pld on 1 occasion out of all those 25 battles. Thats 49/50 success rate. We did use nin on some occasion but at least 1 nin dies EVERYTIME we do it with nin (even with nin x2 brd x2 whm/smn and rdm or another whm/smn). Byakko is the easiest of all the Gods I think with the correct strategy and 2 competent tanks. But by no way is nin "better" for byakko.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag

Similar Threads

  1. how long can your mage tank byakko?
    By Chidorii in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 2006-01-21, 14:04
  2. How do i join?
    By in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 2005-08-06, 20:43
  3. Byakko fight setup ?
    By spark in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2004-11-17, 11:06
  4. How to join wiffleball?
    By in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 2004-10-25, 16:16
  5. Byakko
    By in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2004-10-18, 17:12
  6. How to use
    By Edwardtheblack in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2004-08-10, 06:05