Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tiamat Info     submit to reddit submit to twitter submit to tumblr

Love-God among men.
    BG Level

Tiamat Info

Having conquered the "land HNMs" our LS is looking to move onto some of the big baddies (Tiamat is going to be our first and we're looking to fight him within the month). I've been doing my research and am primarily concerned with a tanking strategy. So far I've seen (PLD/NIN, Nin, and straight PLD) tanking. If anyone could give some imput as to a tank party setup/strategy it would be much appreciated and hopefully lead to the first NA kill on valefor ^_^;

Regardless of how you tank it, all 3 you listed work, having alot of enmity on tanks and -enmity on mages is crucial. Go give it a shot first and you'll get an idea of what to do.

of the 3 you suggested i'd recommend nin or pld/nin for tiamat, but what he said (try stuff out)

i also recommend against marathoning w
    good luck

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Double PLD can work just as well.. if there's 30 people fighting, and another 30 watching, it's harder to play for NIN for sure. XD
    -T.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

It's all about your LS setup. Go give it a try with what your LS feels comfortable with and come up with a strategy based on that... very few people go to their first Wyrm fight and win. But you can work out a strategy that works best for YOUR LS.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Aratharn
    It's all about your LS setup. Go give it a try with what your LS feels comfortable with and come up with a strategy based on that... very few people go to their first Wyrm fight and win. But you can work out a strategy that works best for YOUR LS.
    I agree, my LS is more built around PLD's so we use PlD/war. We tank straight up, yet others kite. Experimenting on your own as a LS is one of the best parts of these Wyrms.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Hard to even experiment, because as soon as someone spots Tiamat, they send their LS after it. And it's a 3-8 day pop.

Quote Originally Posted by Zetah
    Hard to even experiment, because as soon as someone spots Tiamat, they send their LS after it. And it's a 3-8 day pop.
    I don't think its that way on every other server. On our server there's 3 na ls that can kill it whenever it pops in NA time and when it pops in JP time NC kills it. His drops are good and hes a fun fight so might as well kill it as soon as it pops

edit: If you want to experiment fight jorm. It's almost the exact same fight

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Zetah
    Obviously if they plan on trying it soon it means the competition for it isn't as fierce as it is on Midgard.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Competition for him on Bismarck gonna get bad in a hurry D;

Love-God among men.
    BG Level

He's almost up constantly on Valefor, never been killed by a NA LS.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Fira...you say others kite the wyrms???? o_o

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Vrtra has been kited from what I have seen in the videos, but I don't see Tiamat in a decent position to kite with where he is located in Attowa Chasm, Jourgamand I suppose you could but if I wouldn't see why. Vrtra they do it cause of Charmga, I suppose it makes it harder for him to Charm your entire alliance IF you are to far away for it to happen.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

yea, i guess i can see the viability in that sense. thanks >.>

LazyShell
    BG Level

First NA LS that killed Tiamat on Shiva kited it. Never fought it again though.

Second NA LS that killed it, tanked it straight up. I think its way way easier straight up lol. don't get many chances to fight it, but when we do its a fun fight. JP LS goes for it whenever it pops. If it happens to be during NA time, then the race is on 8)

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Amarao
    Fira...you say others kite the wyrms???? o_o
    Jp's on our server do. I don't know how the other NA LS on my server kills Tiamat or Jorm never cared enough to go watch.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nermal
    Vrtra they do it cause of Charmga, I suppose it makes it harder for him to Charm your entire alliance IF you are to far away for it to happen.
    Vrtra doesn't do Charmga, it's just Charm.

when Vrtra was killed on Bahamut it was tanked straight up.

the biggest reason for kiting Vrtra is that it's the most sensitive to Spike Flail. kiting actually minimizes Flail if people know what they are doing.

it can be done for all 3 but it's not necessary to do it for any of them either.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Yea, when Tiamat and Jormungand are up on our server during NA times...I guess it sits there until JP time unless we kill it. Other NA LSes on our server can't quite take on the new wyrms yet.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

/slap Amarao

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

not that other NA ls's on bahumut cant, some of us just lack the motivation to go and do it when we could be doing other things

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag