+ Reply to Thread

Chinese attacks against JP

interesting disccusion i will bring to you from KI boards incase you didnt know, or i wasnt aware of its discussion here.

Anubie: From what I understand, it's not just on POL. Something about Japan and some books and some WW2 crap... Not sure on the details.
    Taeruru: Ok, here is the deal.

Japan editted the information in school textbooks, saying the Nan Ching Massacre (In which supposedly 300,000 chinese were killed) was an accident, and only 30,000 were killed. Also, the textbook claims Japan was trying to 'liberate' Asia by taking over as head-country.

China got really mad, and all the Chinese started DDoSing our serves (pressumedly). That is what I hear/read now-a-days. But I thought the issue was resolved...? FYI, a lot of my chinese friends have quit because of this.
    Eaglestrike: The "story" as I know it is:

Japan is being considered for the Security Council at the UN or something of the sort.

China is very pissed off about this, because even in History books the atrocities committed by Japan on the Chinese (The Rape of Nanjing and such) are not mentioned at all. And I think more specifically, the Prime Minister of Japan visits the shrine of War Criminals (as in, doesn't seem to have a problem with what they did).

But I'm not 100% on all of that, just what I've read. Because of this situation, there have been Chinese hackers attacking Japan and its companies.
    more to come most likely~
    http://killingifrit.com/forums.php?m=po ... ast#bottom

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Sounds like I need to know my history more before I rush to claim a Goobbue in Zitah I didn't realize I was fighting Chinese opression, I thought I was just playing a game.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It's not as easy as that although it has some part to do in it. Japan is up for getting a seat on the UN council (although likely it wont happen) however there are many problems other countrys have with them. For example, they never appologized for WW2 and everything they did to China (ie what Tengoku said) and so many are unhappy when them being considered, although it isnt likely they'll get on until they do.

Anyway thats the super short version and I really dont feel like getting deep into it. Pretty much China and other Asian countries dont want Japan to get a seat.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    It's not as easy as that although it has some part to do in it. Japan is up for getting a seat on the UN council (although likely it wont happen) however there are many problems other countrys have with them. For example, they never appologized for WW2 and everything they did to China (ie what Tengoku said) and so many are unhappy when them being considered, although it isnt likely they'll get on until they do.

Anyway thats the super short version and I really dont feel like getting deep into it. Pretty much China and other Asian countries dont want Japan to get a seat.
    I can sympathize with China and understand the situation, and from what I know of history they have plenty of reason to be pissed.

But...stop ruining my game, I didn't do anything. I'm white so yell at me about slavery too since that was obviously my fault as well.

<3 displaced blame

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Let he who is without human rights violations cast the first stone.

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    heh

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    best
    point
    yet

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

...............(looks around).... KILL SEPTIMUS!!!! HE IS DIFFERENT!!!

WHO IS WITH ME?!!?

GET UMM~!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by rooster
    ...............(looks around).... KILL SEPTIMUS!!!! HE IS DIFFERENT!!!

WHO IS WITH ME?!!?

GET UMM~!
    To quote my favorite episode of South Park:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Slave
    Oh look there's that gay kid. Let's all jump on him!
    Oooohh! Jesus Christ!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

that was last night's episode... As i watched it i could her you laughing at it in vent.^^

So thats why gil sellers won't go the fuck away. They want to ruin the JP's game!

Always wondered why they are courteous to me, but not to JP >_>

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

In case anyone is wondering, this episode is my favorite.

The ending kills me everytime I see it.

Back to the original post: I am Chinese myself, and I do take a look at this stuff because I still have a spiritual tie to China even though I have not been there for more than 1 month at a time.

The whole thing where they said they "resolved" the problem is where the prime minister of Japan went to China to fix up the problems of past generations and improve the relationship. However, they said NOTHING about changing the books to say "We went over there and killed 300000 people in the Rape of Nanking."- They will not, however, go as far as saying "We were trying to free China from their communist government". Good chance they will take it out completely, and that still alters history as the rest of the world knows it. Obviously, thats a lot more mild than what they were going to put.

However, it isn't JUST about the Rape of Nanking. It's also about land issues. For example, the Sea of Japan or East China Sea (Not sure which one) has been under the claim of China for decades, and now Japan comes out and announces they have claim over that Sea instead of China. Not a big deal you might think, but that potentially lets them disallow trading and shipping along that sea, and that will just cause even MORE strife than there already is.

Xavier

All fine and dandy except it ruins my game experience too, and I never did anything to China.

That almost makes a logical point as to why the RMT has been going on. JP (the vast majority that can't get over a stupid racial difference - who in hell cares!?) try to blame us for it (as they do probably anything <.<), of course, if the information contained herein is the justifiable cause per the Chinese actions, it almost makes sense.

However, I don't think they realize that what they're doing is also severely hurting a group of players (NA/EU) that haven't gotten themselves involved into that grandiose atrocity, the end result also screwing us over while trying to get revenge (*assuming* this is the case).

Of course, my personal point, RMT is RMT, I have no regrets of "accidentally" letting people die in groups if I know for damn sure they're one of 'em

Disclaimer: None of this is meant to flame NA, EU, JP, or Chinese, merely an observation and making claims as such as they appear to myself.

Edit: ding! <3 page 2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag