Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PM 7-5 help     submit to reddit submit to twitter

PM 7-5 help

Heya.

I need some help with the fight against Tenzen in PM 7-5. We got totally owned 5 times in a row before we decided to give up. Everything goes fine until his second 2 hour. We can handle the first one pretty well by using bind + shadowbind until it wears off, but his second 2hr just wont wear off -.- Our setup is pretty bad i know, but thats all we have. WHM, WHM, NIN, RNG, WAR (can go as brd if needed), BLM. Any advice is apprechiated. Thanks

Ditch the second whm for a DD?

1) kick 1 or 2 of the whms or get them to change to dmg job
    2) sleep pots to 300 before
    3) f shadowbind/strategy/all that. go nuts from the second it aggros

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Can one of the WHM go as a RDM?

Or better yet both of the WHM go as RDM?

RDM are very, very handy for the BC.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

2 WHM = 2 Benediction... But yeah having the WHM's bring a job with some damage would help.

I'm impressed that you got this far with that setup. If both the WHM's are 75 then I agree with the above poster about sleeping to 300TP and everyone melee (Hexa Strike anyone?)

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

So I am guessing the point of this BC is to do as much dmg as possible in the shortest time possible? Kill him as fast as you can?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Borisan
    So I am guessing the point of this BC is to do as much dmg as possible in the shortest time possible? Kill him as fast as you can?
    If he gets off his two-hour the battle is over, even if everyone (somehow) manages to live. So yes, time is a big factor.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Llane

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    If he gets off his two-hour the battle is over, even if everyone (somehow) manages to live. So yes, time is a big factor.
    the battle is only over if he does his lv4 skillchain

2 WHM = 2 Benediction... But yeah having the WHM's bring a job with some damage would help.

I'm impressed that you got this far with that setup. If both the WHM's are 75 then I agree with the above poster about sleeping to 300TP and everyone melee (Hexa Strike anyone?)
    The thing is, one of the whm's has lvl 51 SMN, the other has 60 blm. So we've basicly used our main jobs (all 75 blm, rng, war, nin, whm, whm) but we also have the oportunity to access 60blm x2, 73 BRD, 51 SMN, 54 NIN etc.. So the missions have been quite easy with these jobs as back up since my static PT members have these jobs lvl'd. Would a 60blm be better for this than a 75 WHM? The 75 BLM can also go as 63 RDM, but im afraid thats out of question.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by kindrell
    Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    the battle is only over if he does his lv4 skillchain
    I've not heard of him using his two-hour and not getting off Cosmic Euldation. (Or however it is spelled.)

I guess it would be possible if you had a RDM to stun the crap out of him before he gets off the last WS so he can't complete the level 4 chain, but it would be much easier to just unload on him before he even has the chance to use his two-hour.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Llane

when we went through he used his 2 hr about at 60% health with no lv 4 skillchain, second time he used it then he did it...

best way to go through that we had success with blm x3 rng/nin war/nin and brd/whm and we bursted a skillchain and it took a good chunk out of his ass

good luck to those that still need to do it

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

When we did it, he used his 2hour twice. We stunned him, then Bound/Gravitied him and ran away. Won first try.

I wanna see pics of that L4 SC....I'm link, still on Ouryu BCNM @.@

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

He never got a chance to do that on us.

We went in with rng, rng, war, blm, pld, whm.

Melee used sleep pots to get TP and each melee had icarus wings, including the pld.

Each ranger did a reverberation skillchain on their own, and the war and pld did a darkness skill chain together. After barrage and the 2 rangers doing a skillchain together, along with all of the magic bursts Tenzen was dead.

Those taru's are pesky little bastards though i must say.