Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Question about the 11 , 31 , 51 gap thing.

hello guys. I just got some question regarding the HQ tire 1,2,3 thing
    when u said 11 31 or 51 above the gab, does that include the guild item and support?
    for example, say if i am 80+2+3smithing, and i want to try HQ a haubergeon which is 69.
    should i put up my +2 gear and +3 support or just go craft naked ??

New Merits
    BG Level

Yes, gear and support will help you attain a new HQ tier. In your example, the +5 doesn't get you to a new tier, but it can't hurt to use it. If you were 95 smithing and used +2 gear and +3 support you'd have an effective skill of 100, which is 31 levels over the cap and would give you roughly a 25% chance of HQ.

so u mean that the +5 wont break the tire1 (11 above gap) either?
    that's the part i am confusing about ._. wheather the +5 part will break the HQ tire or no ^^" sorry for didnt clear it up in the first post.

Black Belt
    BG Level

formula is 69

if you are 78 you are not in Tier 1
    if you are 78 with +5, than you are effectively 83 and you are in Tier 1

if you are 80 you are in Tier 1
    if you are 80 with +5, than you are effectively 85 and you are still in Tier 1, whether or not you use the +5 doesn't matter but there's no harm in using it so there's no reason why you shouldn't use it imo.

New Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by hello
    so u mean that the +5 wont break the tire1 (11 above gap) either?
    that's the part i am confusing about ._. wheather the +5 part will break the HQ tire or no ^^" sorry for didnt clear it up in the first post.
    The +5 can be used to break a tier, but in your example you are level 80 doing a level 69 synth, so you are already 11 levels over cap. You need to be 11 levels over, not more than 11.